It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan pilots defect to Malta

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ive seen video and photos of fighter jets and helicopter above libya........ive had al jazeera on all day.

I think gadaffi has left the country already, the message from his son last night was recorded, it wouldnt surprise me if they have all fled....they are probably on their way here to the uk for asylum and a free council house.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

There are images on Skynewsof two Libyan fighter-jets on the apron at Luqa. Also said to be two French-registered helicopters and 7 people onboard who say that they are French.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If the story is true, I hope more of their military follow the example of these two pilots. I can only imagine that it must have been a difficult choice to defy their orders. They're probably sitting in a room in Malta, worried for their families back home.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by serenecalamityz

Thank goodness for the opposite nature of humanity...let's expect the others to follow suit. It's happened before, where a military has refused to kill its own.
If this genocide happens, I fear it will be a global catalyst.

edit on 21-2-2011 by OptimisticPessimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The U.N. is longer supporting Libya, but supporting the people, cannot believe what the U.N. Representative for Libya just said on CNN the reason being is we cannot hide the genocide any longer, well duh if it hadn't gotten out does that mean they would let it go on.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Standing ovations for these pilots

And agree with the previous poster that western powers militaries should take note on the correct way to deal with retarded orders like these guys got.

I don't know how these things work so this might sound stupid, but would it have been possible for them before flying to Malta, to offload their bombs onto Gaddafi supporters instead, or would that be asking too much.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Ummm...Ummmm... Well in the past that is exactly what they have done! Examples are Chad, Darfur, Uganda, Rwanda and the list goes on!

Zindo

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Sadly it appears not all the pilots feel the same as these two beautiful beings.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Video of the two Mirage F1s and helos in Malta.

TJ

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I take my hat off to the pilots and say fair play. That really couldnt have been an easy choice for them to make under the regime they served and like previous posters have said they must be so worried about there kin back home. Lets hope this is over and fast before repracussions can take place.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Very quite now, there is a slight Increase in security but nothing out of the ordinary the Jets have been put in the hangers at the top end of the airport and I have been informed (granted it's nothing more than gossip) but Gaddafi has left the country and about to make an address to the nation.

Rumour is that there are a number of ships on route and that there will be military (Navy) from a European country in port tomorrow. ( I over look the port so I will post what I can see).

Peace
edit on 21/2/2011 by LestatG because: Dreadful text, been up a few hours now!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Yes I read that Gaddafi had fled to Venezuela, but I have heard nothing about ships heading that way? Do you have any more info please

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I applaud the two pilots for making a decision that may empower their people. The original story posted quoted to 'dive bomb' the crowd, not bomb them. But upon looking at the fighter jet in the vid, they were pay-loaded.
Update to Ghadaffi is that Venezuela denies he is in the country, stated on radio in oz.
www.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by serenecalamityz

Hey, I'm afraid not and I must stress that this is just rumour, I would even say Chinese whispers maybe. I saw military talking with police who in turn were talking to the drivers and taxi drivers and I was getting tid bits from that.
There were French and American ships at port last week/ week before. However, they have left I will notice as soon as they come in. As far as that and the talk about he has already left I have nothing more.

However we are watching the news now so it seems that everyones saying he may have left. They just think it's not Venuzulea.

link   
Double post.

Just to add I have left the airport as there is nothing going on. However, I do have an aquaintance there who will call/text I'd anything transpires.
edit on 21/2/2011 by LestatG because: Double post

link   

10.54pm: The story of those two Libyan air force pilots who apparently defected earlier to Malta is becoming ever more fascinating.

Al Jazeera has spoken to one of its correspondents on the island, who said the pilots have claimed they came so close to carrying out their mission to bomb anti-Gadaffi demonstrators that they could see the crowds on the ground.

They have reportedly passed on "classified" information about the movements and actions of the Libyan military to Malta.

Eric Montfort, a journalist on the island, has been in touch with the Guardian to tell us that the Mirage fighters which apparently defected to Malta are among the most prized in Libya's fighter plane force.

Earlier in the afternoon there were also demonstrations in front of the Libyan Embassy at Balzan, Malta, where two embassy workers defected and joined the crowd.

10.50pm: Another potentially significant development, if true. Sultan Al Qassemi has just tweeted that Al Jazeera are reporting on a statement by Libyan Military Officers which asks all members of the Libyan army to head to Tripoli and remove Gaddafi.

Guardian

Edit: And it seems like they will be a Emergency UN Council meeting tonight after reports of the Bombings.
edit on 21-2-2011 by Shenon because: sub

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Not trying to be alarmist,This is pure speculation on my part; but I just got home and there are three tug boats positioning and moving from the far end of the harbour. (Malta does have the largest natural harbour), also this is not that strange, it does get busy at times and they do this with cruise liners and comercial ships.

I suppose I am just making assumptions as I am trying to see the signs. Just noting it as I am close to passing out (sleeping), and might miss it.

Peace, and more than likely good night

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Latest reports through the media alleges more than 800 people killed after Libyan Military include airforce started shooting and bombing on demonstrators.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaztekno
I take my hat off to the pilots and say fair play. That really couldnt have been an easy choice for them to make under the regime they served and like previous posters have said they must be so worried about there kin back home. Lets hope this is over and fast before repracussions can take place.

Too true!

Still, perhaps they could have used their planes against the government loyalists, or against Ghadafi's palaces.

Destroying the palace in Tripoli would have had a profoundly negative effect on Ghadafi loyalists and thugs.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
Double post.

Just to add I have left the airport as there is nothing going on. However, I do have an aquaintance there who will call/text I'd anything transpires.
edit on 21/2/2011 by LestatG because: Double post

Cool, please keep us all updated on this very interesting News story, we're relying on people like you to help the World be informed of the truth etc, thank you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join