It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trillions Found stashed in Bin Ali's palace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Trillions Found stashed in Bin Ali's palace

www.allvoices.com

The attached YouTube video shows the ousted tyrant Zine El Abidine Ben Ali’s residence in Tunis to be stuffed with tremendous amounts of ill-gotten wealth in the form of various amounts of currencies, diamonds, golds and other priceless jewelries worth more than a hundred million Euros, the state media said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Stolen trillions of money and countless jewelry found in the Tunisian palace.
I'm really speechless at the amount of money found there, Dinars, Dollars, Euros and lebanese and Turkish Liras. Considering the state of their country that money could have been used for the better of their citizens.
I don't understand why they have them stacked like that? what exactly are they going to do with that unbelievable amount of money?
And if that's what we see there then how much do the family have outside of the house?
Wonder what we will find if we inspect the houses of other country's government officials.

When you spend so many years in such a position you start feeding on greed like that. So sickening!

PS: the arabic report says there are trillions and not millions, they got it wrong here.

www.allvoices.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The full report.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Trillions? Really? I doubt it, unless it's in a currency that trades at something like 1,000 or 10,000 to the dollar.

The entire U.S. budget for this year is $4 trillion - a country the size of Tunisia, with no important natural resources besides its beaches, can't possibly draw money in the trillions of $ to itself. I'd be surprised if the total wealth of everyone in Tunisia and everything in it is worth even $1 trillion.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sallamy

Amazing, and yet many were starving at the same time..

But I'd say all Governments are the same, some merely hide it better..

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
Trillions? Really? I doubt it, unless it's in a currency that trades at something like 1,000 or 10,000 to the dollar.

The entire U.S. budget for this year is $4 trillion - a country the size of Tunisia, with no important natural resources besides its beaches, can't possibly draw money in the trillions of $ to itself. I'd be surprised if the total wealth of everyone in Tunisia and everything in it is worth even $1 trillion.

Did you read the OP?
Here's a line from it..

PS: the arabic report says there are trillions and not millions, they got it wrong here.

Mind you, it may well be trillions in certain currencies..
I used to get a few million a day just for beers etc when working in Indonesia..

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
From the video showed it DEFINITELY doesn't look like trillions.
Millions yes, and that's if those pieces of jewelery found are the legit kind.

If they did find untold amounts of wealth, i understand they will then hand it back to the people, yes?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I wonder how much of that the good ole' U.S.A gave him.....

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I wonder if any of it is Rummies missing trillions...or any of the money that fell off that missing skid in Iraq...
Guess not, carry on

Oh, maybe it was left overs from Iran Contra..
Oh heh heh
silly me
that was guns for drugs.... no cash

PS you should check the online jewelry auction sites...
the stuff aint worth much these days...
edit on 20-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

The stacks of money are dated from 2001-2011. I say they can get trillions from 10 years of stacking.
And yes maybe it's a the difference in the currency but the point is they are robbing us blind.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

You might wanna check the full report.
And yes, that is what the report is saying.
edit on 20-2-2011 by sallamy because: spelling

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
He had the same illness as Buffet, Gates, and all the other sociopathic billionaires: it is a form of mental illness akin to hoarding. something is wrongly wired in their brains and they can't ever feel satisfied with what they have, and must eternally add to it no matter what the cost to themselves as others.

Since they can't control themselves, the only solution I see is a global cap on wealth to at least limit the consequences of their illness.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
There has to be a 12 step program this guy can be reformed with....

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

maybe a global cap on tallness would work in some cases...if it doesn't fit in the jeweled sarcophagus lop it off..
keep the uppity in check....

edit on 20-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
What I saw in actual physical assets on the film shown were perhaps 10million euro value? Nothing close to a trillion. Trust me a trillion is way way bigger than that.

Also the reporter said that the estimated value of their other assets, aka bank accounts, were possibly upwards of 100million euros value. But this is still unknown exactly, from what I can tell.

Also those assets were "frozen" which is a nice word for "stolen".

We could hope these funds would be given back to the people of Tunisia but I seriously doubt the banks would do such a kind deed. It would be the right thing to do, something most banks are not capable of.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Have you seen a trillion euros then???
I think they mean trillion....as in the multiple currencies...adding all the numbers up on the bits of paper. There were multiple currencies shown...and as you know some currencies are huge numbers, yen for example.

There is no way on earth that money will find its way back to the people...it will most likely be seized and put back into the hands of the corrupt elite of tunisia.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Did you read the OP?
Here's a line from it..

I did read that, but because the OP's topic title says "trillions," I took it to mean that he felt that the Arabic report was correct and not the report that said "millions." The sentence if vague and could be read either way.

Originally posted by apacheman
He had the same illness as Buffet, Gates, and all the other sociopathic billionaires: it is a form of mental illness akin to hoarding. something is wrongly wired in their brains and they can't ever feel satisfied with what they have, and must eternally add to it no matter what the cost to themselves as others.

In all fairness to both Buffet and Gates, those two in particular are in the process of giving almost their entire personal fortunes away via the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which is a pretty amazing charity. Buffet has never lived particularly 'high on the hog.' He lives in a nice, but really quite modest home and most of his wealth is in the stock value of the corporations he owns via Berkshire Hathaway. The simple fact is, both ran very good companies very well and did so, I would say, very responsibly. Microsoft treated and treats its employees incredibly well and they delivered value for what they did.

There are tons of incredibly greedy, useless business people who take far more from the world and from people without giving anything back, and who don't treat their employees well. But those two in particular are not among them, IMO.

The real blight are people like hedge fund managers, who add no value to the economy, produce absolutely nothing and just suck money out of the system and put it in their own coffers and into those of their big, already very rich investors.

top topics

join