It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
What's with our weather here in Australia?
It's summer here, yes summer in one of the hottest countries in the world and it's onece again snowing. This time in Tasmania.

www.themercury.com.au...

We also got snow this same summer in Mount Kosciuszko and Thredbo. The first time since records were first kept in the 60's. none of the older generation recall this type of weather in Australia during summer either.

www.australianclimatemadness.com...

And lets not forget the floods and 2 cyclones all in the space of 3 months!

What do we think is happening?
Is it global warming, the sun or other planetary movements?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
random nature of chaotic systems?

our inability to accept nothing about our atmosphere is truly static and predictable...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bee2010

Maybe a non violent magnetic reversal? Its been kinda warm in the North parts of the US when it should be very cold.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bee2010

Recent evidence from coral samples in the barrier reef (they work sort of like tree rings giving us a look centuries back into the past) show that our weather is getting crazier than ever and apparently it will continue to do so!

edit on 20-2-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bee2010

I don't know,, but I feel bad for you all down under. What I have seen in the news of flooding,etc. is
scary. We had a brutal January here in New England,U.S.A., but I like it. The flooding you have had
is just a disaster. Anyway, I read a thread today about some kind of Brown Dwarf planet.
I don't know how much weight I give that, but if it does exist, it is in your part of the sky supposedly.
Let us know if you guys see anything with or without telescopes. mentioned in the thread was a gravitational
pull on Australia causing havok. Like I said, if it were close enough to do that, I think it would be visible.
Who Knows? Anyway, prayers to you folks.

Thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yes just crazy weather and getting worse, had a thunderstorm here on NSW coast yesterday and noticed something, the lightning wasnt any different than usuall mostly about 2-3km away but the thunder was tremendously loud and long and sounded totally different to any i have heard previously. I dont know how to accurately explain it other than it sounded hollow, more echoy, very strange very different.
Thunder storms are normal in summer here but this sound wasnt!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bee2010
What's with our weather here in Australia?
It's summer here, yes summer in one of the hottest countries in the world and it's onece again snowing. This time in Tasmania.

I live in Tasmania and I'd describe the current weather as only 'non-average' for summer, not really unusual for anyone who's lived here for long enough to see how much the weather fluctuates. We're near halfway between the equator and the south pole (43 degrees south) so snow is quite common, moreso in the highlands where it can and does snow any day of the year with little warning.

I'm one of the 'older generation' and the current cool summer weather is actually a welcome change compared to how hot it can get this time of year. The hottest day I've seen is 41C (106F) in Jan 1991 which was followed up by a violent thunderstorm that literally tore trees out of the ground and blacked out much of the state's south.

Around 1970 snow actually settled on Hobart beaches on Christmas Day which is midsummer for us :O I lived in the central highlands for a while and experienced snow/sleet/ice on virtually any day of the year up there.

So, you see, the current weather is 'atypical' but nowhere near as extreme as it can get. I doubt we've ever seen the extremes since the place only has records going back a little over 1 century and hasn't had European settlement much longer than that.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I live in Victoria, it's supposed to be Summer accompanied with 40 degrees + but instead, we're having downpours everyday...

Something is out of tune me thinks...
edit on 21-2-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Think of the Earth as an 80 year old woman, and she has a cold.

I'd say the weather is a result of things being unbalanced for too long

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The weather certainly seems consistent with theories that it is influenced by solar activity.

Cool weather appears to be linked to periods of low sunspot activity, so it will be interesting to see how this continues to track.

top topics

join