It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOAX – Disk Shape UFO Clearly Examining Hubble

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

One of the best UFO photo’s to surface EVER…

Amazing photos of obvious saucer shaped UFO scoping out the Hubble space telescope. This was found deep within an axillary NASA archive. Photo’s like this will definitely hasten the disclosure we all hope will happen.

alienexaminer.com...

edit on 20-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: Quote words

edit on 20-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: add link

edit on 22-2-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
At first I thought its was the protective lens cover mechanism.

wanderingspace.net...

edit on 20-2-2011 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Odd how it is in the same plane as the telescope lens. It wouldn't be a lens cover of sorts, would? I know that sounds silly, but hey, need to protect the telescope's glassy lens.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent

I thought that too but how would it be reflective against empty space?

I know the Sun does this with sun-dogs but you need an atmosphere to create that effect. What does space have that would aid the capture of a reflection? I don't understand how that would work.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Okay, here is a rendering of the hubble telescope with the lens cover ... I have to think it does look similar to the video.

It would be reflective against empty space ... kind of like how the moon lights up at night by the sun.
edit on 20-2-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

got to 5:55 mins:secs. not sure what to make of that. it is about the same size as front hubble aperture. would be wonderful to have moving footage of this.
regards f

link   
What about this ???

www.youtube.com...

REFLECTION

link   
I'm sorry but that image of a "flying saucer" completely matches the apature of the telescope, to me it's just a reflection, all the shadows/marks/lines match up to the telescope. Also if its a flying saucer it's not very big. Hubble is the size of a large car, which would make that saucer shaped reflection very small for its ocupants.
edit on 20-2-2011 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

I have to agree with this. However, I do think it is funny how humans seem to think of all ET's as being relatively the same size as us - i.e. reference size of things to our vehicles. They could be much smaller, larger or even trans-dimensional light blobs, right? I mean check out what this dying NASA scientist has to say about it:

edit on 20-2-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Yeah i think its a reflection of the lense. Doesn't look like much of a ship.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Interesting photo but could it be some sort of reflection. To me, it looks like something that would be man made, which tells me that it could have an explanation.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Ok. Lets just say it's the lens cover for a moment. Is it common for NASA to let a lens cover just dangle in space below the telescope? Seems a little odd, wouldn't you say? I would think they would have it neatly tucked away.

And if it isn't the lens cover. A reflection off of something?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Here is a link to a high resolution version of the photograph:
sts-109-337-004
This is what NASA has to say about it:

STS109-337-004 (3 March 2002) --- The Hubble Space Telescope (HST), with its normal routine temporarily interrupted, gets closer and closer to its capture by the Space Shuttle Columbia prior to a week of servicing and upgrading by the STS-109 astronaut crew. The shuttle's Remote Manipulator System (RMS) robotic arm was used to snare the telescope and latch it down into the cargo bay.

NASA

It looks like a reflection to me.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent

wanderingspace.net...

edit on 20-2-2011 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

My question about a possible lens cover is, when would they use it and for what purpose? Plus, if they did cover the lens, wouldn't they run the risk of mechanically/remotely placing it on and it getting jammed for good?

I mean, that would render a billion dollar piece of equipment, useless.

It's an interesting photo to say the least.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

This picture cinches it. It's definitely a reflection. Looks like it's reflecting off the window of the shuttle. Even the indentions line up. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Another angle:

High res:

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

Clearly a reflection, the 'disk' is identical to the end of the hubble.

edit on 20/2/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

That is a good point about size but I tend feel that any intelligent flesh and blood air breathing alien would evolve around a similar path to us, even reptile or dinosaur. Maybe a bit like a goldilocks zone, not to big but not to small, but thats just my opinion.

edit on 20-2-2011 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'm sorry to say, but this is 100% surely the lens cover,

If you look at this image, you will see a white object on the cover at about 1 or 2 o clock, that same thing is vissible in the so called UFO vid from the OP.. (The cover can be turned over for it to get off the Telescope, so its not in the same place as in the photo above)..

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
As much as I like it to be a UFO, it is just a reflection. That was even my first impression upon looking at it the first time. It is perfectly the same size as the light of the Hubble telescope.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
its a reflection of the apature if u look at the light on the disk it corresponds with the bright spot from the flash on the telescope it matches the apature in every way it will be debunked by expert's way more intelligent than me very quickly.
edit on 20-2-2011 by pez1975 because: miss type

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join