It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are spiritually advanced but ....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

Hey I'm not interested in turning you into a vegetarian; I'm not one myself. Probably never will be. I also drive a gas guzzler, don't regularly recycle, leave the lights when I don't need to, smoke cigarettes, and enjoy a relatively hedonistic life.

Life is far more complicated than what is "Best" for the environment or what is "Cruel" or "Kind" or even what is "Healthy". I'm not prepared to make any of those decisions for anyone else but will say what I think the evidence shows which is more often than not at odds with what I do!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
All top preditors in the wild eat meat. Are they evil? Or less spiritually advanced?

No they work exactly how they're intended to....with nature.

We are the top preditor on the planet....We eat meat, we always have and always will.

Guess who the vegitarians in the wild are.......MEAT!

All i know is, if this world ever turns upside down and we need to resort to hunting once again....im gona be huntin me some vegans.

Fresh meat

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
There is a natural order to the universe. We, as living creatures, must consume energy to continue to live. Whether or not it is meat, fruit, or vegetable, you are taking the life-energy of something to further your own existance. This, in and of itself, is not "evil" or "unenlightened". It is simply nessecary. What is unenlightened is the fact that we, a human beings, do not know the meaning of the word moderation. It is not a sin to eat the flesh of another animal, but it is a sin to waste that flesh. How much meat and produce do you think goes to waste in supermarkets around the world? And how many people around the world go without food for days, if not weeks at a time?

Just remember...as a vegan/vegetarian (if that's what you are), you are still ending a life to further your own. Just because it doesn't have eyes, or a brain, or legs, doesn't mean it isn't alive. So don't look down on the rest of us who just happen to like a good steak with our potatoes...top of the food chain has it's benefits.

GtkP

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Meat eaters will come up with their arguments that meat eating is okay. We are natural carnivores, plants are alive just like animals, etc., etc.

But try to imagine what it is like to be a pig or a cow slowly moving along the lineup towards your murder. It has nothing to do with a spiritually advanced process.

So if you think you are spiritually advanced, and you eat the flesh of murdered animals, you are deluded as to your opinion of your level of spiritual development.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by droid56
You are spiritually advanced. You treat others in a kind manner, you see that the materialistic approach to life that predominates on our planet is not the path to take. You care about the environment in all of your actions.

But you eat meat. Meat that is the flesh of animals that are usually raised in a cruel manner, and if they aren't raised in this way they are still murdered. There is no other word to describe what is done to them at the end of their lives.

So I just want to say to all you spiritually advanced beings that are still eating the flesh of murdered animals, you are fooling yourselves as to to your level of development.

Christ said it's not what you put in your mouth that defiles you it's what comes out of it. Also the Buddha didn't have any problems eating meat as long as the animal wasn't specifically killed for the monk. The Buddha also taught that it's what's inside that counts.

Being vegetarian or vegan doesn't purify you spiritually, only by changing how you act and feel towards your fellow human beings does.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Mr56, I must admit that I like you; your strong statements and willingness to stand up for what you believe despite all those who disagree and even a few who simply outright mock. An admirable trait in today's world full of cowards who wouldn't stray from the status quo for fear of being shunned by their fellow man.

I was stuck when you say to imagine you're a pig waiting in the slaughterhouse for your turn to become bacon, ham, pork loin, your meat may be discarded by some picky cook who didn't make it right, or just because there was too much and some fat overstuffed human not far from pig himself couldn't eat it all while watching network programming. Your hell could mean nothing. Alternately your flesh could feed a starving child and you're cells could contribute directly to the brain growth that will allow this child to grow up and save a million pigs from a similar fate.

But then I began to wonder about how life works. I began to wonder are we not all the same in our lives? At the true level of spirituality, at the ultimate. Is not the suffering a part of the universe? Is not the death but a part of the greater cycle? Can it be that those who have reached true spiritual enlightenment have progressed beyond the light, beyond the dark and to the place at the heart of all creation where every aspect of reality, pleasant and unpleasant is every bit as valid and every bit as important to the greater spirituality of the universe?

Perhaps it just the self serving and pompous human ego that truly believes spiritual progression is towards light love and joy? What if true spiritual progression is not so shallow? I think the universe is more complicated and our part in it is also more complicated than to progress towards light love and joy.

It is far more complicated than most will ever begin to understand, and I don't claim to understand, I just know that I don't understand and I have a lot of questions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join