It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are spiritually advanced but ....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
You are spiritually advanced. You treat others in a kind manner, you see that the materialistic approach to life that predominates on our planet is not the path to take. You care about the environment in all of your actions.

But you eat meat. Meat that is the flesh of animals that are usually raised in a cruel manner, and if they aren't raised in this way they are still murdered. There is no other word to describe what is done to them at the end of their lives.

So I just want to say to all you spiritually advanced beings that are still eating the flesh of murdered animals, you are fooling yourselves as to to your level of development.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

What the hell does this have to do with Area 51???

Cosmic...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I thought this was the gray area. Delete or move, please.
edit on 20-2-2011 by droid56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by droid56
You are spiritually advanced. You treat others in a kind manner, you see that the materialistic approach to life that predominates on our planet is not the path to take. You care about the environment in all of your actions.

But you eat meat. Meat that is the flesh of animals that are usually raised in a cruel manner, and if they aren't raised in this way they are still murdered. There is no other word to describe what is done to them at the end of their lives.

So I just want to say to all you spiritually advanced beings that are still eating the flesh of murdered animals, you are fooling yourselves as to to your level of development.

Animals were put here for more than one reason. One is for human consumption. Im sure the higher forces do not condemn eating delicious meat to keep yourself alive, especially if you bless that animal that provided your meal.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Do you eat meat or are you a vegetarian or vegan? Not that I have a problem with those life styles.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Your mixing up energy with spirituality and implying your ignorances as the go between

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

If only it was as easy as you say, but you will find as you step along the path you are on that you are not feeling so steady with your beliefs. I suppose that is what the path is all about pushing you to your limits to see what comes out. Best wishes dont get stuck to the stepping stones.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

My spiritial advancement is far more complicated than eating meat, and considering that we live in a world that revolves around meat in porportion within every meal, get a grip, as in you.

Im sick to death of people banging on about we as a society, should not saluter animals for food, bla bla bla... They say things like its murder ect...

One of my best friends was a vegan for years, and was always terribly ill, with al sorts of ailments, today she eats every kind of meat from snags to salami, (which is her favour-et by the way)and now she is the healthiest she has ever been her whole life, she is 25 years old, we as humans have been designed to eat meat as well as vegetables, it is a part of us, the entire process of life is eat well, sleep well, be well.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I think what you meant to ask is: Are you a hypocrite?

If your spiritual path involves peace and love and kindness to all things eating most meat would make you hypocrite wouldn't it?

I would buy the humanely raised, cared for and slaughtered without pain then a blessing and thanks to the animal's spirit deal if that was presented. But other than that I call hypocrite!

I think your mistake is that the logical progression of the human spiritual path should be towards peace love and compassion. All spiritual paths are valid and "Progression" is purely a subjective judgement usually decided by people based solely on the prejudice of their own spiritual path.

The great mystic can claim to be no better or worse than the great cleric, yet oddly both will think the other to be sad, lost, and far less evolved.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
sorry my post is short, i just bite into a steak i just fryed and the juices flew right onto the keyboard.

but as a spiritually enlightened person i find the marbling on agnus beef to be different depending on which part of the country it was raised.

now i go directly to the butcher and i walk thru the warehouse were the beef cattle are strung up to age.

if you ever have a chance to do that i recommend it. you can confer with the butcher and select the top cuts. i would say open range cattle are the best tasting.

i also prefer cattle that have been hung and bleed, like they do to calves for veal, than the stun method. it has a more natural taste since the life force of the animal has been drained.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
sorry my post is short, i just bite into a steak i just fryed and the juices flew right onto the keyboard.

but as a spiritually enlightened person i find the marbling on agnus beef to be different depending on which part of the country it was raised.

now i go directly to the butcher and i walk thru the warehouse were the beef cattle are strung up to age.

if you ever have a chance to do that i recommend it. you can confer with the butcher and select the top cuts. i would say open range cattle are the best tasting.

i also prefer cattle that have been hung and bleed, like they do to calves for veal, than the stun method. it has a more natural taste since the life force of the animal has been drained.

If I were a cow I would want to be a KOBE beef cow. They get to drink like 20 beers a day while being pampered all day long until they are killed eventually for their meat.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I've been a moral vegetarian for 45 years without being missionary about it.

Personally I'm ever so 'saved', also with environmentalism and other similar tree-hugging -isms. But I very strongly dislike militant vegans, green 'fascists' and other minorities trying to push their opinions.

If you want to change the situation to what you consider the 'better', ....... stop preaching and start 'doing' by non-invasively creating and giving people a practical option they can choose, if they so want.

This 'holier than you' sits badly everywhere.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

You wrote:

["Animals were put here for more than one reason. One is for human consumption. Im sure the higher forces do not condemn eating delicious meat to keep yourself alive, especially if you bless that animal that provided your meal."]

Your short post is pickled in theology/religion. You care to tell us the source of your wisdom?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by FPB214

You wrote:

["Animals were put here for more than one reason. One is for human consumption. Im sure the higher forces do not condemn eating delicious meat to keep yourself alive, especially if you bless that animal that provided your meal."]

Your short post is pickled in theology/religion. You care to tell us the source of your wisdom?

Thank you for that post, it actually made me laugh.

I don't see the religion in my post at all, considering I am not religious. I believe in the afterlife however, and if true I do not think they would look down upon me for keeping myself alive, actually I don't even think that matters. Now, if I went out and slaughtered a few animals just for the fun of it, then I could understand why that would be wrong. I would never do that though, because I care about animals and living creatures on Earth down to insects.

However, in today's society things happen behind closed doors that we may not think about all the time, but it's not like im the person doing the things that may be wrong. Im just blessing that creature for giving me energy and providing me with the substances I need to survive and live on this beautiful planet.

It's been this way for thousands of years.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

My, as it turns out now, unfounded suspicions of religion in your post referred to your use of the expression 'higher forces'. A concept which practically always is associated with religion.

And to be honest, when my children were small, I would probably have killed animals to keep them alive, if there were no other options.

But you're basically right; people make decissions, and while some of us disagree (or agree) on certain points there are no universally absolutes known to us, which would make everything black or white (ofcourse apart from christianity, islam, judeaism, some parts of hinduism, communism, McCarthy'ism, nazism, mao'ism, fascism, capitalism....well, you know). Personally I believe very much in pretty women and old whiskey as a kind of mini-absolutes, though I'm quite sure somebody, somewhere would frown on that also.

I'll have to look at my 'alert' window for such disapproval.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by FPB214

My, as it turns out now, unfounded suspicions of religion in your post referred to your use of the expression 'higher forces'. A concept which practically always is associated with religion.

And to be honest, when my children were small, I would probably have killed animals to keep them alive, if there were no other options.

But you're basically right; people make decissions, and while some of us disagree (or agree) on certain points there are no universally absolutes known to us, which would make everything black or white (ofcourse apart from christianity, islam, judeaism, some parts of hinduism, communism, McCarthy'ism, nazism, mao'ism, fascism, capitalism....well, you know). Personally I believe very much in pretty women and old whiskey as a kind of mini-absolutes, though I'm quite sure somebody, somewhere would frown on that also.

I'll have to look at my 'alert' window for such disapproval.

I knew because of the "higher forces" remark you'd figure it was a religious statement, and I understand why you'd suspect that, but im not referring to anything real specific however about any religion. Thing is, the OP is talking on how eating meat goes against spiritual beings since they are supposed to be peaceful/loving. Since im spiritual, I had to respond. I don't feel like a murderer for eating a piece of meat that has already been dead and processed. Also, when your talking about "spiritual beings" your already bringing in anything that has to do with spiritualality.

Im not the one doing the wrong things, im just surviving off of what this planet grants me.

Besides that I agree.
edit on 20-2-2011 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Plants are living energy as well. We are all one energy. Truth be know, we would all be eating ourselves if we had not decided it was cruel. Plants, animals, us, we are all living creatures.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Stop pulling the guilt card on us.

If it wasn't for flesh we would still be monkeys scratching our bums. As far as I understand our diet played a vital role in our evolution.

I like a good steak and no I don't agree on how some of these animals are treated but I need to eat.

Why don't you think of a better solution for these factory farms instead of trying to convert everyone into vegetarian?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

Cruelty free meat is only as far away as the consumers desire for it.Check out this article on lab grown meat: www.reuters.com...

Another point made in this article is how inefficient meat production really is.

I'm no vegan or even vegetarian but you can't logically defend eating meat in the modern world. There are many healthy happy Vegans. The difficulty is only in a few nutrients for which non animal supplements are available.

I see nothing wrong with admitting you just like meat even though you know it is cruel and bad for the planet.

Hello, I like to eat cows, I feel a little bad it had to suffer, and I now it contributed to hurting the environment, but by god is it tasty!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

Lol. Fine, I love meat!!!With my whole heart!

I don't like the fact that your trying to turn me into vegetarian. I won't. I refuse to!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join