It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Geese falling from sky...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Several dozen Canada geese along western Lake Erie's shoreline have recently died or are presumed dead while others have become so sick they cannot hold up their heads, fly, or maintain control of their motor functions.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent spates of global bird deaths. The good thing here is that it has been noted by wildlife officals. We can hope they get to the bottom of this mystery.

"They will fall out of the sky and have trouble staying upright," said Dave Sherman, a biologist at the Crane Creek Wildlife Research Station the Ohio Department of Natural Resources operates in Ottawa County.

It was first noted with mallards a few weeks ago. Maybe it is a virus of something

"They're throwing their heads back. They're losing all balance and literally almost all back-somersault and have a seizure,"

beta.toledoblade.com...

I hope this get sorted soon.

kx
edit on 19-2-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

That report has been updated to over 200 geese FYI

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
could they have bird flu?
edit on 19-2-2011 by grumpydaysleeper because: changed my question

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Link?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

Can geese carry H5....Yes, Water foul often test positive for carrying a strain of H5……

The birds falling out of the sky is your first clue that its most likely not a strain of H5…….

I am presently leaning toward a poisoning that could affect many birds at once and in mid flight……Either man induced or possibly by nature………

Clues to the nature possiblity lie on the recent earthquake threads........

edit on 19-2-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Just google dead birds and its your first hit...........

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Here is my post concerning these geese on another thread...........This is what I am looking into..........

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
I had asked a few pages back a question of just how far away from the epic zone of quakes could gases be released up the Madrid Fault line.............

I reported that a dozen or so geese had "fallen" from the sky and it was baffling the officials........

Now they are reporting over 200 geese are dead and many others sick..........

At least 200 geese have died for unknown reasons along the southwestern shores of Lake Erie while others are struggling to hold their heads up, stay upright and fly, Ohio officials said on Friday.

www.fox4kc.com...

Don't hold your breath for the government to come out and tell us that "gases" are being released along the Madrid Fault line.................

If other bird deaths are found this weekend..............we should take it as a "warning"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Happens all the time, it's perfectly normal for ducks and geese to fall out of the sky. During hunting season!

Can't wait to see the disinformation on this one.

Perfectly normal, nothing to see, move along.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer

Link?

beta.toledoblade.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It's not some standard illness killing the birds. It's a magnetic anomaly. The ones who survived are suffering from loss of equilibrium.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
It's not some standard illness killing the birds. It's a magnetic anomaly. The ones who survived are suffering from loss of equilibrium.

it could well be.i said a virus because that is what normally takes birds out or chemical pollution. lots of peeps are saying it is electromagnetic radiation but is there any evidence to support this. i dont know what it is but it needs to get sorted. it is sad for the birds and a warning from nature to us..

kx

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

It's almost "good bye" magnetic field for Earth...
Other cause can't be for a bird not to maintain her equlibrium ...
If this is not "a sign" among all other that had occured , then I don't know what to say anymore...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
There could be a rash of explanations for what is going on,.
Is really hard to pin point,. and it doesnt help that no one here has the ability
to do their own testing,.
At the rate that this dropped off,. it very well have been just a burst rather than a
trend of common yearly deaths.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This morning, I noticed Canadian geese flying around out back. I will be keeping an eye on them. We have a lot of geese that stay in my area. I'm just an hour west of Canada, here in Michigan. Nothing seems out of the ordinary right now with them or other birds in my area.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by billxam
Happens all the time, it's perfectly normal for ducks and geese to fall out of the sky. During hunting season!

Can't wait to see the disinformation on this one.

Perfectly normal, nothing to see, move along. [/quote

Good one. I personally think duck hunters should put down their guns...save money on ammo, and use fish nets to just run around and catch'em as they fall. (jk)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The die off follows one in manitoba some short while ago.....
The geese are definately on their way home to nest this year in canada right now.
The possibility they ate corn that is used for fuel production seem likely?
Is this corn toxic?
I do know they have approved a new fuel only corn that was GMO recently.
As far as magnetc anomalies go, i imagine that CME from our sun this week has screwed up our earths magnetosphere somewhat, as well as the birds own magnetic basedsense of orientation.
I am not positive, but i do believe that tyhese animals have a magnetic sensor in the brain which could possibly go out of whack if the CME is a large one.
We have to examine the records of the last huge CME which occured back in the 70-80s.
I wonder if there were a lot of similar incidents at that time?
It worth some research i think.
any ideas?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
pole shift really comes to mind to me when stuff like this happens. Ive heard animals can sense the earth's magnetic fields for migration. coincidence, i think not. wow just had a conspiracy-gasm.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This has now appeared on the RSOE alert map as a biological hazard

Wildlife officials say they have no idea what is killing thousands of ducks and geese along Lake Erie and the Maumee River. When they first discovered the trend a few weeks ago, only a few birds were infected. As of Friday, around 200 birds have been linked to the mystery illness. Infected birds simply throw their heads back and lose their motor skills before they die. No one knows how far it could spread. "This may be something that's not at all going to affect people, but it may be, and we need to figure it out to know what's going on," said Nature's Nursery's Laura Zitzelberger. So far, labs tests confirm that the birds did not die of the avian flu. State wildlife officials say they may never know what is causing the deaths, but that it could be a natural occurrence.

First they say killing thousands then 200 so take the information for what it's worth. Avian flu has been eliminated as a cause.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Sounds like what I think killed my rooster, Mareks disease, also known as range paralysis. He seemed sick for a couple weeks, but could get around well enough, then he started having trouble with his legs. After paralysis set in he was dead within 48 hours.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
Sounds like what I think killed my rooster, Mareks disease, also known as range paralysis. He seemed sick for a couple weeks, but could get around well enough, then he started having trouble with his legs. After paralysis set in he was dead within 48 hours.
bir

can different birds get that disease...

kx

top topics

<<   2 >>

join