It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw the Solar Flare and it was scary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Let me tell you I first hand saw the solar flare or whatever. I was in my attic and for some reason the window blind was really bright. brighter than usual lately, and then i looked at the sun and it appeared to be moving towards us. i thought it was gonna be nibiru like, that's how it looked like.

it looked like something was coming from the sun so close. i literally thought something was headed towards us. i could feel magnetic forces. it was kinda weird i have to say.

i looked in the front and the sky was purple..and then it set eerily normally.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

Where in the world are you situated?

vvv

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
buffalo, ny

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
You know that you can't see solar flares from earth without somekind of solar filter. You will become blind if you look sun without it, and you have to really focus on sun to see flares. Thats impossible.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel
You know that you can't see solar flares from earth without somekind of solar filter. You will become blind if you look sun without it, and you have to really focus on sun to see flares. Thats impossible.

yea you can't see solar flares without a solar telescope or a special set of filters. Try again, maybe it was some other anomaly like sun dogs or something like that.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
As mentioned.

Be careful of retinal burn, most of the time, short glimpses will cause a temporary burn but longer periods of focus can do semi permanent damage and if using magnification, could be permanent.

That is essentially what you got, retinal burn, when you state your sight saw purple, that's exactly what colour you get in your vision when looking directly at Sol with no magnification and you take your eyes from the star and look elsewhere, then it fades.

Don't know how old you are, but old 70's-80's, and of course earlier B&W, TV video cameras with Videcon then Saticon tubes and also early chip vid cam's, when passing past very bright lights in studio then had a purplish after image from the light like a streak of red into purple which faded in a couple of seconds to 10's of seconds depending on the speed the cameras panned across the arc lights in studio, same thing.

Those around my age will remember shows such as Top of The Pops, for instance, where studio light streaks accross the screen for a few seconds or longer were a common sight because of all the lights and cameras panning the studio, here in the UK in the 70's-80's.

But video cameras have replaceable tubes, bit more difficult to replace your retinas, do not stare directly at Sol, please.

Want to look at our star, use at least good polarising sunglasses, preferably arc welding glasses or similar, Sol can damage unprotected eyes looking directly at it and you only get one pair of eyes.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Your pupil must be adjusting to the light in the attic that you were sitting in, that made it appear that the sun behind the blinds was getting brighter. Don't forget there could be 2 suns that we could be seeing, from that Giant Sun that exploded.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Shrukin89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

Obviously trying to freak the imaginative OP out a bit, not very nice, is it.

And one would not see 2 "suns". If Sol imploded, up to 6-7 minutes we'd see just one, then we'd all be vapourised in an instant before we could see it blink out at the 8th minute.

But that isn't going to happen for a few more billion years yet and our star would have become so large by then life wouldn't be on this planet anymore by a good billion years because stellar expansion would have already engulfed Terra as our star ages.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I thought the CME hit our computer yesterday morning. But upon further examination of the problem, it was actually just that the monitor was turned off. I just pushed some buttons and hit the right one and it came back on. I rock!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
You would need to be viewing the sun using a Hydrogen alpha filter at the very least to be able to see anything like a flare. And these don't come cheap. You can get a solar film that will let you view the sun but only in white light and you don't see any of the prominences.

It would be safe to say that you did not see a solar flare.
edit on 19-2-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel

Here is my thread, www.abovetopsecret.com... concerning sungazing safely, at sunrise and sunset primarily when there is no UV. But one can look indeed at the sun during other times as well, though needing excercise far more care. Preferable from a 90 degree angle and letting it in the corners of your eye, but I've been sungazing for nearly 2 years now.

Its a wonderful metaphysical tool. The sun is gateway, the windows/door/projector for behind the veil.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join