It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot hummingbird passes flight tests (w/ Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Robot hummingbird passes flight tests (w/ Video)

www.physorg.com

(PhysOrg.com) -- A prototype robot spy "ornithopter," the Nano-Hummingbird, has successfully completed flight trials in California. Developed by the company AeroVironment Inc., the miniature spybot looks like a hummingbird complete with flapping wings, and is only slightly larger and heavier than most hummingbirds, but smaller than the largest species.

The spybot was developed for the US military's research arm, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). The hummingbird appearance is intended to disguise the bot, although it would look decidedly out of place and would attrac
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I somehow always knew this sort of thing was around.
I'll bet they have them even smaller than that too.

This would be a cool Christmas present for the kids in 20 yrs but I don't know if I am comfortable with MY Government having access to these things. That's the last friggin thing we need isn't it?

Look out the window in the morning, sit down with your cup o joe, watch the Hummingbird feeder. You see one of the humming birds staring at you!
It follows you into the house!
Watches you bathe.
You're swatting at it the whole time.
You try to explain to your husband when he gets home from work but he looks at you like you're nuts!

www.physorg.com

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Aww fiddlesticks, I saw this in the paper this morning and was going to post on it but completely forgot!!!!

Good post!

I don't think we're in the realm of Charlie Jade yet (flying beetles that the people in control of the water use to spy on suspects) so I think it's a bit far to be worried about it, I mean you can buy a tiny remote controlled shopper now, and fix a small camera to it, and this can be done by your neighbour to spy on you already.

The gimmick here is the disguise..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

I somehow always knew this sort of thing was around.
I'll bet they have them even smaller than that too.

This would be a cool Christmas present for the kids in 20 yrs but I don't know if I am comfortable with MY Government having access to these things. That's the last friggin thing we need isn't it?

Look out the window in the morning, sit down with your cup o joe, watch the Hummingbird feeder. You see one of the humming birds staring at you!
It follows you into the house!
Watches you bathe.
You're swatting at it the whole time.
You try to explain to your husband when he gets home from work but he looks at you like you're nuts!

www.physorg.com

Really, it does all that? It's also ok for the kids but not for the government?

I'm not sure what kind of drugs you are on...

BUT I WANT SOME.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I'll say the same thing I left on Mark Dice's fb when he posted this. What a waste of money! This is what we pay 15% for, for friggin remote control hummingbirds?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brad Jones
I'll say the same thing I left on Mark Dice's fb when he posted this. What a waste of money! This is what we pay 15% for, for friggin remote control hummingbirds?

you paid for it?

Crikey, I hope you get to fly it once in a while!! oO

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brad Jones

One day soon birds will spy on you, house flies will film you, mosquitoes will inject you with heart stopping nano bots.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Yea genetically modified mosquitoes is what Bill Gates wants, sick eugenicist bastard. All these rich pricks think they can do whatever they want with us.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

come oooon ...
THAT'S A BIG ONE...
nano means SMALL!

new topics

top topics

join