It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Everybody (generally) Hate being alone?,... but also Love being the only one in Power?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Explanation: As usual OL is fishing for flags hopefully under a st*r filled sky as a background by asking pointedly sharp questions that are loaded with bait and come with a nasty hook!

Personal Disclosure: I have it really really good
and yet even OL feels alone at the center of my universal point of view [=pov] sometimes!

Regardless of how much I ignore, hate, block or negetively pigeonhole you from my human pov I ultimately do love you and in loving those I already love very much and loving you lot even if it's just a little is enuff for me to say I do love you all at some level ok!
and

But I do have a fetish for power and its very very thirsty!... for Stars and Flags!
[applause a well if mods can muster it!
]

P.S. Please feel to contribute what you can to this discussion and OL looks forward to also contributing more when and where I can so Cheers!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think it's because, as you alluded to, those who are powerful can only be a few. It's lonely at the top, but it's also a powertrip.

S+F for OL's thought provoking thread!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I actually like being alone...and I would prefer not to have direct power.

Or at least prefer for most to not know I have power.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I am a loner, but I wish I had power like 'Samantha' on Bewitched. (Or Genie, on I Dream Of Genie) Just snap my fingers and make reality do what I want. I'd zip into the US WhiteHouse and make all them know, that if they did not do right by the American people -immediately- (like eliminate Free Trade, Corporations as persons,) I would make them all find themselves in the stratosphere in a special balloon and I would only let them come back when they agreed to all my demands of doing right by the citizens.
edit on 18-2-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
well i gotta tell ya,when you stand back and feel the wind,the sound,and the ebb and tide of life itself,its always one group against another,thats all this bull# is,they try to complicate it by distorting info through the mainstream media, its all yin and yang,but yang has built a more heavy(for lack of the description) imposition.....you see...its all a farce,dont take a singularity seriously its just groups fighting over resources capitalizing for more resources to gather the energy as efficiently as a well advanced cancer, when you absolutely stand back from this grand inquisition it is like an ever replicating crystallization of the same thing over and over again like that of a spring dogwood in the northwest spreading copious amounts of seed, but in our reality, our seed is the mainstream media, it subsidized in our minds as a collective consciousness, we all went along with it and we are all equally responsible,the true way to escape this nightmare is to start with your minds(you know, that voice in your head) and think the deepest down truth at all times,its transforming like a lotus from a bath of mud to perfection depending on its program of destiny to its full capacity then dwindling down to its absolute simple form,fermentation,nirvana,an ever lasting cycle,like a 3 stage marijuana grow opp,a beautiful set of stages,a drama

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Prefer my solitude.. Choose to live far from "civilisation" .. Have neither a desire nor need for power.. Nor do I acknowledge of follow any leader as none of the so-called leaders care about the people they lead.. Maybe one day humanity will grow up and move beyond the primitive behaviour that keeps them from reaching their full potential..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Hey OL my friend!

There is a song, from the early nineties, by a band named Bush, called Glycerine...

... and in that song there is a single line that has resonated with me for a very long time...

I'm never alone. I'm alone all the time...

And this sums it up, doesn't it, for some of us? Some might say I've been blessed in this department. I've had way more love and opportunities for it than most people have. I've been twice married and I have had four other live-in relationships. This doesn't take into consideration dozens of other less serious relationships. And all that before I reached 40.

Personally I call it a curse, not a blessing. I'd have been much happier if the first woman would have stayed around - or the last one, for that matter (Though several, in the middle area, went and I was glad to see them go). But that's all about things that are better suited for another post, in another thread, on another day.

From the age of 16 forward, I was never alone. Not even for a week or two. If one woman bailed, I'd just find another. It really was that empty and that easy for a very long time. It was like a soap opera TV show, when, sometimes the announcer will come on, at the top of the show, and say "Today the role of Johns woman will be played by.....".

During those years I can count the times I did not feel utterly alone on one hand. My social life was insane I "me" time was nearly impossible to find. There were always people around, usually housesfull, and yet I never felt connected to any of them. They were static in the air. They were background noise. They were extras in a movie I wasn't thrilled about starring in. They were, mostly, just there for the sake of being there an served no other purpose.

Now, with that background filled in, to address the premise of your OP... namely "Do I hate being alone?". Well, the answer is very complicated and falls into a huge personal gray area. Ultimately I think the most honest thing I could say is this:

I only hate being alone when I am not in control of why I am alone.

When my life was as above - and I couldn't get five minutes to myself to save my life? I cherished being alone. I felt "alone" most of the time anyway, and I longed to actually have my reality match my impressions of it. I just wanted to be able to close a door, turn on a TV or some music, and be alone.

Now that I spend most of my days utterly by myself? My God do I miss having twenty people in my house. I miss them eating all my food. I miss them drinking all my liquor. I miss the static. I miss the noise.

I guess, OL, the answer to your question is that it is all about the power. The power to decide ones circumstances instead of being caught up in them... A skill I have yet to master.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Sometimes being at the top is a lonely road. You tend to lose yourself from the distractions that other people bring but without friends then whats the point of having that power for them to see? Can't always multitask but at least there are options. $&F!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

new topics

top topics

join