It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Reporter Greeted With 'Fox Lies' Chants In Madison

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Fox news can't lie

They're on channel 45
edit on 19-2-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Wasn't Fox News favored in a Supreme Court ruling that stated something along the lines that it didn't have to adhere to reporting actual news, and that it's considered an entertainment network and therefore not subject to the same guidlines as an actual news station? ie........it's ok to lie

Basically Fox News is The Onion except middle America isn't aware of this.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Yes, that was over the firing of two reporters who did a piece on the dangers of bovine growth hormones in milk.

Monsanto and fox sitting in a tree....
link

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
fantastic......we need people like that guy!!!

and yes......FOX LIES!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
That was awesome! While my first instinct would be to yell, "BaBaBooey BaBaBooey, Howard Sterns Penis", this was still well deserved and accurate.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
You gotta love idiot liberals. Was that guy too stupid to say anything else?

I mean all of the lame stream media lies, not just fox. If you have the chance to present your viewpoint on live tv, you should does something besides act like a dumba$$.

Not really if you believe the outlet showing your remarks on live tv will manipulate it whenever they feel like it. This has nothing to do with being left, right, or center...but defending or downplaying FOX's most recent actions make you looks silly. Let me guess, you still watch that garbage channel, right?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I don't watch MSM media at all, because ALL of them spin, twist and distort reality~ But what's really sad, is the guy screaming " fox lies " had an opportunity to speak his mind, and exercise the 1st Amendment, and if instead of taking that chance, to speak his opinion, the only thing he can conjure up is " fox lies"? Really goes to show that the US citizenry didn't perform very well in school. Sadly, the only constructive thought he was able to comprehend was " Fox Lies"? I think re-runs of Sesame Street are in his future~

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
lol. this has happened before, but they we'rnt chanting fox lies back then, they we're chanting ""£% fox news" and would not speak to any reporter.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
reply to post by spinalremain

Yes, that was over the firing of two reporters who did a piece on the dangers of bovine growth hormones in milk.

Monsanto and fox sitting in a tree....
link

Wow thank you. It's completely normal to falsify scientific findings in regards to THINGS THAT CAUSE TUMORS!

The mighty dollar at work. Truly evil.

edit on 19-2-2011 by spinalremain because: spelt sumtin rong

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Maybe if they don't want to be called liars, they should stop lying? Would be a good place to start.

Fox Falsely Blames Public Unions For WI Budget Shortfall*

Killmeade: Walker "Can't Balance The Budget Unless He Gets These Contracts In Line." Later on Fox & Friends, Kilmeade asserted that Walker "can't balance the budget unless he gets these contracts in line." [Fox & Friends, 2/18/11]

O'Reilly: "Wisconsin Has A $3.6 Billion Shortfall Through 2013 And Simply Cannot Afford To Pay Its Bills ... And Public Workers Are The First Ones To Take The Hit." On the February 17 edition of Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor, host Bill O'Reilly stated:

Hannity Says That "Wisconsin Taxpayers" Are "Picking Up The Slack" For State Workers. On the February 17 edition of his Fox News show, Sean Hannity stated that "Walker is asking that members of the unions do the following, put 5.8 percent of their wages towards their pensions. Most contribute almost nothing as things stand right now." He then stated, "Its Wisconsin taxpayers, they're the ones picking up the slack." [Fox News' Hannity, 2/17/11, accessed via Nexis]

Rove Notes Budget Shortfall And Calls Walker's Proposal "Fair" -- But Fails To Note That Walker's Tax Policies Helped Cause Shortfall. On the February 17 edition of Hannity, Fox News contributor Karl Rove stated that Wisconsin faces a "$137 million shortfall in this budget. They have a 3.6 billion shortfall in the coming -- they need to make tough decisions." [Hannity, 2/17/11, accessed via Nexis]

Way more information on the linked page.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
But what's really sad, is the guy screaming " fox lies " had an opportunity to speak his mind, and exercise the 1st Amendment, and if instead of taking that chance, to speak his opinion, the only thing he can conjure up is " fox lies"?

Hmmmm. My take is quite the opposite:

#1 He DID exercise his 1st Amendment right.
#2 He employed known FOX technique of repetition.
#3 He disrupted and deprived the smearmongers in action by creating a ruckus Tea Party style.
#4 He effectively "controlled" the situation and diminished the live shot.
#5 He got the larger message across.
#6 He parroted the famous Joe Wilson "You lie" line.
#7 His rational testimony would have fallen on deaf ears to the FOX audience of mental midgets.

In short, his passive and simple yet effective technique trumped an entire global network.

edit on 20-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Just more distraction.....funny any of the protestors would complin what with doctors there handing out notes for teachers to say they were sick while they were really at the protest. Hypocrasy? Of course Fox lies, so do all of the other American msm........thanks for pointing out one of them.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

And so we can see that the FOX apologists are out in force - "it's OK for FOX to lie about absolutely everything because other networks lie almost as much."

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

One person hardly constitutes out in force. I'm not apologizing for Fox at all, just notijgn that all of our msm has it's own agenda thaat they push.......just as the union members are. Not that hard to figure out. Care to comment on the Dr.s notes? Or is that o.k. too due to partisanship thoughts on the lefts part on ATS?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

There are other apologists on this thread, and throughout the board, defending FOX at any opportunity because it suits their partisan needs. Where are the defenders of MSNBC, CNN, ABC? I have not seen them.

As for the doctor's note nonsense, I replied in the thread that you made about it. I am not going to derail this thread because you can't be bothered to read your own.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

I have never seen MSNBC place a doctored photo of Sarah Palin with bright yellow teeth, or a low frontal lobe, on any of their programs for there to be a parade of people apologizing for them. Maybe that's why? One cannot apologize for their opinion. They can and dam well better, for airing complete lies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join