It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Battle of Bahrain

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I can't see how any of this could be orchestrated by elites/nwo/tptb

Its a wonderful example of people power, and from here on in any government in the west is going to have to take the peoples wishes into account because I think even western populaces patience is wearing a bit thin and it wont take much to get them out on the streets now.

Here we have all our leaders saying how they back peaceful protest. Thats a change because they werent saying that at the last G20 meeting when somebody got killed in London thanks to police brutallity. Even today the UK government has revoked licenecs to supply Bahrain with weapons for fear of being associated with the attrociteis being committed.

So these brave souls are doing us all a favour.

I wouldn't want to be living in any illegal west bank settlement right now. I wonder if any of them have started moving out yet

edit on 18-2-2011 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Interesting insight. Thank you. I can totally someone orchestrated or influenced all this somehow. What I'm having a bit of trouble with is how they did it. And if they did, did it get away from them or go as planned. I'd love to believe this was truly a movement of the people. Egypt went relatively smoothly. There was much restraint there. Lets hope that trend continues, though it certainly isn't looking like it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is indeed a battle

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Thank you. I hope the people stay safe there. So brave, no matter what.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Update: Heartbreaking thread just posted here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Story: Protesters step in to help at Bahrain hospital

Move video...

And another story: In Bahrain, the Bullets Fly

edit on 2/18/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I personally think its about time for these people to start returning fire. The Egypt style of protest isn't going to work in these other countries.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

You're probably right. How are the gun laws in Bahrain as compared to Egypt? Just as strict, I'd guess.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
To be honest, this just highlights how much integrity and justification the protestors actually have in the face of their government. The whole point of a government is that they're supposed to figure out how to best serve the people. Obviously, there are no governments in the world that specifically and exclusively focus on improving the quality of their subjects' lives (due to the nature of the characters who suffer from power-lust) but in cases like these, where the military are instructed to shoot peaceful protestors simply for questioning the status quo, it is clear that their government is a terrible one.

I saw this on Al Jazeera earlier, that doctor (dunno if any videos been posted here) was saying it looks like they've been instructed to aim for the head, straight up shoot to kill - utterly disgusting. How about actually listening? Or at least a little restraint - tear gas and rubber bullets. Those who have been shot are left to die in the street, out of reach of ambulances and medical care. It seems they're trying to take the 'a little warning early on - you know you're gonna get pwnd btw ya?' stance, but I reckon it'll be a huge backfire - it'll only bring more people to realise how unsuitable they are to run the country - the protestors will probably even step up their demands!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

Obviously is right. I saw where the doctor had said that. (that video is here now...english.aljazeera.net...) Seriously messed up. And of course their crown prince is talking out of the other side of his mouth.

edit on 2/18/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Obama urges the king of Bahrain to stop violence

"The president reiterated his condemnation of the violence used against peaceful protesters, and strongly urged the government of Bahrain to show restraint, and to hold those responsible for the violence accountable." said a White House statement.

The conversation came just a few hours after Obama issued a written statement saying his administration "condemns the use of violence by governments against peaceful protesters in those countries and wherever else it may occur." The president expressed condolences to victims in Bahrain as well as Libya and Yemen, two other Middle East countries facing unrest in light of the recent uprising in Egypt..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
bless the people there, what is happening is sick. where is the international outrage and sanctions. i hope those accountable are held to justice.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d91e9e782485.png[/atsimg]

anonops.ru...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I found this via one of the other threads on this..

www.gunpolicy.org...

Number of Privately Owned Firearms
The estimated total number of guns held by civilians in Bahrain is 180,0001
Rate of Civilian Firearm Possession
The rate of private gun ownership in Bahrain is 24.82 firearms per 100 people

Thanks to HoldTheBeans for the link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-2-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Whoa. Thanks for posting this.

reply to post by GAOTU789

Thank you. Much higher than I thought.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Bahrain opposition rejects talks offer

The Bahraini opposition on Saturday rejected an offer of dialogue from the authorities saying it would join talks only after the Cabinet quits and troops behind a bloody crackdown leave the streets.

The Islamic National Accord Association, which is boycotting Parliament in protest at the army's iron-fisted response to the wave of protests sweeping the small but strategic Gulf kingdom, said 95 people were wounded on Friday, of whom three were "clinically dead".

Oh, and here we go...
WikiLeaks: Bahrain king claims opposition trained by Hezbollah

King Hamad bin Isa al-Khalifa of Bahrain warned a highly-ranked U.S. official that opposition groups in his country were being trained in Lebanon by Hezbollah, according to a American diplomatic cable exposed by WikiLeaks, The Daily Telegraph reported on Friday.

The Bahraini king also implicated Syrian involvement in activities subversive to his autocratic rule, telling U.S. military officials in July 2008 that Syria had provided the aforementioned Bahrainis with fake passports.
[...]
The Telegraph also reported on another WikiLeaks cable which revealed that an Iranian official's reference to Bahrain as 'Iran's fourteenth province' was being blamed for discontent among the Shia masses by ruling Sunni minority officials.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Bahrain protests: US watches with one eye on Iran

If the popular uprising in Egypt gave Washington a real headache, the brutal crackdown on protesters in Bahrain involves even more complicated calculations for the Obama administration.

The US has condemned the use of violence against protesters in Manama but it has chosen its words very carefully so far.

On Thursday, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said: "Bahrain is a friend and an ally and has been for many years and while all governments have a responsibility to provide citizens with security and stability, we call [for] restraint.''

President Barack Obama on Friday again spoke of universal rights, including the right to freedom of assembly, but American national interests hang in the balance, perhaps even more so than with Egypt.

edit on 2/19/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Al Jazeera says signal jammed, website blocked

he Qatar-based news channel Al Jazeera said on Friday its signal was being jammed on several frequencies and its website had been blocked in Libya.

Al Jazeera, whose coverage of the political unrest in the Middle East and North Africa is widely watched in the Arab world, reported the jamming on its website where it offered alternative frequencies on the Arabsat, Nilesat and Hot Bird satellites.

Al Jazeera has closely followed events in Libya, Bahrain and Yemen, contacting protesters and government backers by telephone and often using footage of events sent via the Internet.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
A report from Britain...

And one from Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty: Unrest Continues In Bahrain And Libya, Fresh Protests To Take Place In Algeria

No Dialogue Deal In Bahrain

The kingdom of Bahrain is another Arab nation experiencing antigovernment protests following the ouster of Tunisian and Egyptian leaders by popular uprisings in recent weeks.

The main Shi'a opposition group has rejected a national dialogue "with all parties" offered by King Hamad Isa al-Khalifa to resolve a crisis. Six people have been killed during violence surrounding the protests in the Gulf nation, which is ruled by a Sunni royal family.

The Wefaq bloc said the government should resign before it will consider any dialogue.

Protesters in Bahrain are demanding greater political rights. At least 50 people were injured on February 18 when a rally was violently suppressed by government forces. The rally took place following the funeral of protesters killed the previous day.

And another from CNN: Some military leave center of protests in Bahrain

Manama, Bahrain (CNN) -- A convoy of about 40 armored personnel carriers and other military vehicles were seen heading away from Pearl Roundabout in Manama on Saturday --the third convoy seen leaving the focal point of recent protests in 12 hours.

The military redeployment came after an appeal from Bahrain's royal family for a dialogue. That appeal was met by oppositionist demand for the withdrawal of military from the roundabout.

The police and army maintained a diminished presence at the roundabout on Saturday. Earlier in the day, opposition activists said protests will continue on Saturday afternoon.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Protesters Retake Square in Bahrain While Libya and Yemen Try to Suppress Protests

Protesters in Bahrain fought past riot policemen who sprayed them with tear gas and shot at them with rubber bullets Saturday, retaking a central square and leading the country’s crown prince to say he had ordered the army out of the area. The announcement set off a wave of jubilation among the thousands of protesters in Pearl Square, the heart of the country’s uprising, and added new pressures for shaken governments in Libya and Yemen as they made new moves to stifle uprisings.

Bahrain opposition rejects talks until army stops shooting [Video]

MANAMA, Bahrain — Bahrain's Shiite opposition on Saturday rejected any dialogue with the Gulf kingdom's Sunni royal family until "tanks are off the streets" and the army stops "shooting at peaceful protesters."

Khalil al-Marzook, a senior member of Al Wifaq opposition bloc said the "atmosphere for dialogue," led by Bahrain's crown prince "is not right."

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Wow, tons of information!! GJ ~Lucidity
!!!

I'm still trying to catch up with you, and decipher all of this info into an entire theory. The best I can come up with is that of these Middle Eastern nations in turmoil are basically controlled by U.S. backed Kings, or at least U.S. friendly Kings. They have been in power for around three decades and have amassed huge sums of wealth from the money we give them for oil. We basically made them dictators and monarchs. What do supreme rulers of countries do? They hoard all the wealth by keeping it in the family.

Now to the point, is it possible that the plan all along was to give the Kings tons and tons of cash for their oil knowing that they would hoard it then when it’s about to run out, throw military coups and stage protests for democracy to remove the Kings and retrieve the wealth we invested in them? Basically, the plan was to get all of the oil out of the Middle East, while keep the rest of the planet's on reserve, even if that meant paying for all of it. And then figuring out a way to get most of the money back.

Egypt- The main point of the Egyptian protest was to get leverage over Israel. And to show the world and the other nation's militaries how they should deal with the protests without getting violent. The Egyptian protest was broadcasted 24/7 to set the standard on how they should behave.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your full theory on what you've been able to piece together so far. I’d really love to figure this whole thing out. It is eating away at me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join