It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-CIA Analyst Ray McGovern Beaten, Arrested for Silent Protest at Clinton Speech (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Ex-CIA Analyst Ray McGovern Beaten, Arrested for Silent Protest at Clinton Speech (Video)

www.democracynow.org

This week, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton gave a major address calling for Internet freedom around the world. As Clinton condemned the Egyptian and Iranian governments for arresting and beating protesters, former U.S. Army and CIA officer Ray McGovern was violently ejected from the audience and arrested after he stood up and turned his back in a silent protest of America’s foreign policy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
For anyone who doesn't know the definition of 'irony'...

While Clinton condemns governments in Egypt and Iran for harsh treatment of people 'standing up in protest' a 71 year-old man is pulled from the audience at her speech, arrested, and beaten by police...for standing up in protest.

McGovern is a former CIA advisor who now speaks out against U.S. foreign policy. He stood during the speech, turned his back to Clinton, and said nothing while displaying a 'Veterans for Peace' logo on his t-shirt.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury.

www.democracynow.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-2-2011 by fnulnu because: spelling

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
That is what a real patriotism looks like. Integrity is rare these days. Ray McGovern has been a ray of light for years now, and I always hold is opinion in high regard. God bless real patriots. Men like this are the only hope this country has.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Someone beat ya to it yesterday,,, sorry www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
oh the Irony! And is it me, or is that atrocity of a woman getting fatter....God she is so repulsive!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

My bad...two searches turned up nothing. Mods?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnulnu
reply to post by rogerstigers

My bad...two searches turned up nothing. Mods?

No problem.. there's another rogue on in the Breaking News forum that has yet to be closed as well.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
There couldnt be enough threads about the courageous satement which this man made......
The ball is in all peoples court to follow the lead of this hero.
Only by forcing the country to look at what it has become, will the silent majority be brought to its feet.
It will take a hundred acts such as this, by thousands of people together, but we could end this anytime we decide to unify and stand as one ,
Its time for someone with more authority than i, somebody who many will listen to...to stand up and be the leader we need.Someone to call for the first real demonstration that includes everyone....
A day of silent protest continent wide.
Nobody works but essential services....
We get out in the street and be seen to be for freedom and peace....a totally non violent stand for the welfare of all humanity everywhere.
Then from the continent,we could maybe shut down alf the world for a day.....
Maybe the whole world....
It will have to happen sooner or later.......................................s

new topics

top topics

join