It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back To Vietnam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Low and serene the music floated out of the stereo...

Mama take this badge from me

Almost silently, as they floated up the Mekong River, up through Cambodia, into Laos, the music played.

I can't use it anymore

"Why, why are we here?" Sanchez asked himself, but the question was already answered by a voice in his head.

Getting dark, too dark to see

America had launched a nuke against "those North Vietnamese bastards" for ties to a terrorist organization. The year was 2006. Dubya had come out ahead, although the race was obviously fixed.

Feels like I'm knockin' on heaven's door!

"And now we're here to clean up the rest of 'em" Sanchez replied to himself.

"Sarge, do you think it's safe to be playin' that there music?" PFC Tex Richter asked.

"Hell yeah", Sarge replied, "We're still in the "safe" part of Cambodia.

"Cool"

The music abruptly changed.

Welcome to the Jungle! We got fun and games! We got everything you want, Honey, we know the names! We are the people that can find, whatever you may need. If you got the money, honey, we got your disease, in the jungle.

"Tex! Turn that #ing music off! I'm trying to sleep!" hollered PFC. Ricardo Vicente

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!!!

So, what do you guys think? More coming, if not tomorrow, then it'll have to be around the first of August, cause'a vacation!

I am in no way afilliated with GNR. I just like their music.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Great stuff, mig! I can't wait to read more!

I put on the songs while I was reading to get the full effect. Nice job

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I like where this is going
Lot's of potential here

If I could offer one bit of constructive criticism, take it or leave it, I would suggest maybe using less lyrics - I can obviously tell you enjoy your music...I love Guns'N Roses too - but sometimes just suggesting the song itself can have more of an impact on the reader than singing it out for them

But in contrast, I like the way you opened up with fluctuating lines of narration and lyrics

Regardless....looking forward to more

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Sanchez woke up early in the morning. They were still drifting slowly up the river, with Sarge at the wheel.

" 'Bout damn time son, everyone's already up"

"Where are we?"

"We've entered Laos. We're 200 miles west of the former DMZ."

"Why do you say former?"

"Them damn northern bastards took control of it. Claimed it in the name of Ho Chi Minh."

"So, uh, what's our mission, Sarge?"

"At the head of the river in Burma, we're gonna meet up with reinforcements and militia fighters and fly into N. Vietnam, and lead an assualt on Hanoi."

" So, what are the chances of success?"

" Second to none."

Sanchez went back down into his quarters. The boat was small, but it was big enough to accomadate all four of them comfortably, if comfort can be a word used in the middle of war. The time passed slowly, Sanchez used it to catch up on his reading. Tex was on the front turret, and Vicente was on the rear.

Two days passed. The river began to narrow. Then, on the morning of the fourth day, Sarge made an announcement.

"Gentlemen, welcome to Burma!"

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Again Mig, Great stuff
I hope you post more soon

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well it's cool. Short though, but cool. I feel so bad for them. They will come back home (if they ever come back home) with canver from the nuke attack. lol

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yea, they die, or get radiaiton...

It's a double edged sword....

Sorry, guys, I'll update this when I can get access to a comp....

*Mig12 begins packing*

EDIT: Also, if you have suggestions or critisim, send me a u2u, cause this might not be updated until the first....

[edit on 7-16-2004 by mig12]

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The days passed slowly. The hadn't really "entered" Burma, per se. They were merely straddling the border between Burma and Laos and they approached the area where they would have to disembark, deflate the boat and portage it 120 miles to the Da River, which would take them into Hanoi. Unfortunately, this route would also take them across a small section of China, though the Chinese wouldn't expect such a small clandestine force to be this close their territory so quickly.

On the morning of the fourth day after his announcement, Sarge received a radio message.

"Please be advised: Southern separatists have employed tactical dirty bombs along the former DMZ. Do not approach within a fifty mile radius without proper PPE. Alpha-2 restrictions are lifted on all qualified personnel"

Quite to Sarge's dismay, Sanchez happened to be in the boat's quarters when the message was received.

"Sarge, what are we going to do?"

"Well, son, we're going to continue up the river and meet up with our fixer and those rebels. Any of that stuff ain't matter to us."

"What was that "Alpha Two" stuff all about?"

"I may have to let you know about that in time. For now, need-to-know basis, you got me?"

"Yes, sir!"

Two more days passed before they reached the Burmese city of Ban Mau. Vicente, who was fluent in Burmese (and picked for the mission based solely on that fact alone) went into the city to procure dry rice and cured meat as they prepared for the overland trek into China.
edit on 11-3-2016 by mig12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2016 by mig12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join