It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ode to the douchey poster...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This is my ode to the ATS poster who, for lack of a better word, is a complete douche.

Is it difficult waking up every morning and pissing excellence? You would figure after a few years it would start to sting. We all see the sarcasm and anger flowing out of your posts. Are you still living in your parents basement at 38? Do you wake up and think to yourself, "man o man, I can't wait to get on the internet and spread my viral repugnence"? Tell me, o lord of the keyboard, with your infinite god like wisdom, we all know that you are perfectly able to come with an amazing post, yet you are negative in every aspect of your posting style. We all know who you are and I won't call any names for fear of your 'groupies' flaming me. Try something new. Nex time just reply with "I'm a douche, nothing to see here". That would, at least, make me less likely to spend 2 or 3 minutes of my time on your self righteous, arrogant post. Just so you are aware, when people reply to your posts and show you your doucheyness, I'm the guy that stars that post.

Its amazing how someone can actually be fairly smart when it comes to obscure things, but lack any kind of reguard for other people. I believe there is a special place for you types, in the moldy, damp darkness that is your parents basement. Maybe you should come out for air and ask a random stranger for a hug. Hell, if I live close enough I would drive to your house to give you said hug. Thats all you really need.

In closing. I appreciate EVERYONES thoughts here at ATS. Even you, but give it a rest. Take it easy on the noobies, maybe they arent aware of your venom like posts, or the fact that, given a chance, you could probably be one of the best posters on this site, but I am. Do us all a favor, firmly grasp your buttocks, pull with all of your might, and maybe you can see a new light. Maybe we all can.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Wow, someone really pissed you off didn't they? You must feel better now that's out

I find taking breaks from ATS periodically recharges the batteries and gives one a fresher outlook.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Not me directly. I just see a talent gone to waste.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Ha Ha well said, especially this

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
Just so you are aware, when people reply to your posts and show you your doucheyness, I'm the guy that stars that post.

I KNEW I added you as a friend for a reason MOTF!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean. Start looking at these peoples post more closely. I think you will start to see a few patterns.

I was just thinking about making a thread on the same topic.

These people make for a bad ATS experience some times. I think it is their mission objective.

S&F
edit on 17-2-2011 by liejunkie01 because: some

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Are you not allowed to name who you are ranting about?

As a paranoid, narcissistic, sarcasm junky I feel I might fit that mold on occassion.

Although I am always willing to kiss and make up if I have offended someone!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

As long as it is not your MAIN GOAL on ATS. Im all good with it. It just seems that some people get their rocks off on being a complete a-hole to someone they don't even know. It is pointless.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Fair enough, I admit though I did quickly search your recent posts in your profile looking for the poor bugger who drew your ire lol.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Fair enough, I admit though I did quickly search your recent posts in your profile looking for the poor bugger who drew your ire lol.

LOL. No one I have posted to reciently or at all for that matter. I just call em' like I see em' man. Thats all.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

for fear of your 'groupies' flaming me

This was the giveaway that it wasn't me.

In all seriousness though I can't stand bullies either, whether online or not. Good rant sir!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have on occasion shown some negativity but when I come here I realise that patience and restraint are required.

Many times I would love to post *this thread sucks and you have no brain*
However,I realize that being civil is a must on these boards which is where the restraint part comes in.
If you are posting from a negative mindset then just try not to post is how I see it.
I have been guilty of it though because we all have our bad days.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Well thank you good sir!

Im considering becoming the new ATS rant master. Weekly installments!

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I do enjoy your posts DRF. You seem to be well grounded. There have been a few 'iffy' instances but I'm sure we all have our times.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Thanks the feeling is mutual.
I am annoyed by the posters you are describing as well.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
We shouldn't let this thread die. I'm pretty sure the people who really need to see it, heven't yet. Or, either they are too ashamed to post in here.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Any opposing views? No one wants to tell me why its ok to be a complete douche to someone they don't even know? Please, at least someone play devils advocate here. Where are the people who should be telling me that my post is the dumbest thing that they have seen all day? Where are you? Bashing someone else? This thread would be a very good place to tell me how you feel about others.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
O yea people I almost forgot. If you see a poster who would fit the criteria of this thread. Feel free to re-direct them here if they are being a douche.

MOTF!
edit on 17-2-2011 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
It just seems that some people get their rocks off on being a complete a-hole to someone they don't even know. It is pointless.

What? Just like what you are doing now? You are right - it is pointless.

Please refer yourself to this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...and refrain from throwing stones in glass houses.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

Being a complete a-hole to a theoretical person and being a complete douche to a actual poster is two completely different things. Look at the top of the page. Do you see the 'rant forum' there? Im simply using the forum for what it was designed to be used for. O by the way thank you very much for reaffirming my OP.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

O and one more thing. Where is this 'glass house' that everyone keeps talking about? Mine is made of brick and wood.

MOTF!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join