It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ode to the douchey poster...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Define douche.....oh I kid I kid. Good rant and I agree to a point constant bashing does get old. But hey a mutual joke is not insulting dang it!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

LOL. Jokes are all good, as long as everyone is in on them, ya know? Its no good, however, if you dont know what everyone is laughing at you about. Thank you for your reply. And a non douchey one at that!

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
NAMES

dang it I want NAMES!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yes, I totally agree with you. There's this one douchebag who just wont leave me alone. Everything this 'it' posts is negative and 'it' is becoming a stalker. Like some kind of ex or something. Biggest douche I've encountered. Wish there was an ignore button, seriously.

good rant and I completely agree with you

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

LOL I wish i could give you names bro. Unfortunately i appreciate my membership here.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnuraOne

I know exactly what you mean. Now you have a place to redirect this 'it'. Maybe he/she will get the hint.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I've never come across any douches on ats. Have no idea what you guys are talking about.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

I just spit out a little bit of my coffee on that one.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hey bro

I was on a thread last nite and there was a poster on there who definately fits the bill of your rant. This person implyed that the only reason they visit this site is to be a douche, as you call it, to genuine posters. He/she had nothing constructive to say.

If not him/her then they are definately a contender.

I'm not familiar with the term "douche", is there a term that we in the UK would use that has a similar meaning?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 1mabeliever

Its truly sad that some people are that spiteful. As i have said before, its pointless. Ill send you a U2U about the douche!

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
And kids, when you come across these posters who just exude a general trollish scent and remind you of Massengil products... Please use the "alert" function provided...

Mods get bored... we get so bored....

~Heff

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Thanks for that MOTF! Gave me a great laugh! Now I can use the word in my dealings with others. Where appropriate of course!

Used douches or douchebag is even funnier! There was a line in the movie "Revenge of the nerds" that I didn't get cos I didn't know the meaning. Makes that bit even funnier now

Think I'll watch the movie again tonite.

Thanks again!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Im deffinately not trying to steal any of your thunder Heff.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 1mabeliever

Knowledge is power my friend.
Now your aresenal is almost complete.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Wow, you are really letting the meathead get to you. There are a lot of douche-bags who post. Most people can easily tell who they are, for if nothing else for the lack of tact, and knowledge they express. Don't let the small minds get you down man, and watch out for that bird. Oops too late.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
O by the way thank you very much for reaffirming my OP.

This is becoming like some weird star trek-esque causality loop! You have reaffirmed my point (with your offensive insinuations) that everyone - including yourself, oh master of the keyboards, is capable of douchebaggery toward other posters if the circumstances are correct. What did I say about throwing stones in glass houses?

Try this advice on for size sunshine:

Grow a thicker skin, stop taking yourself so seriously and realize that (although the idea may be abhorrent to you) people will, at some point, dare to disagree with a poster and throw a spanner into the works of a thread - if only to knock the arrogant OP down a peg or two.

edit on Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:00:33 -0600 by Silver Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If it becomes evident that someone is trolling, or arguing along the lines of ''I'm right, you're wrong'', without offering anything to support their case, or are just looking for an argument, then I just stop replying to them in that thread.

If you stop feeding them scraps of food, then they invariably trot on looking for more abundant food sources.

In fact, I've encountered a couple of these recently, although I wouldn't necessarily call them ''douches''.
I think ''MWAIWLAIS'' may be a more ''pc'' euphemism: ''Members With Apparent Issues Which Lead to an Alternative Interaction Style''.
ie. douches.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star

O by the way thank you very much for reaffirming my OP.

This is becoming like some weird star trek-esque causality loop! You have reaffirmed my point (with your offensive insinuations) that everyone - including yourself, oh master of the keyboards, is capable of douchebaggery toward other posters if the circumstances are correct. What did I say about throwing stones in glass houses?

Try this advice on for size sunshine:

Grow a thicker skin, stop taking yourself so seriously and realize that (although the idea may be abhorrent to you) people will, at some point, dare to disagree with a poster and throw a spanner into the works of a thread - if only to knock the arrogant OP down a peg or two.

edit on Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:00:33 -0600 by Silver Star because: (no reason given)

You must have missed the my post where I said that noone has wronged me. My skin is very thick thank you. You wonder why you hardly ever see me commenting about someones bouchbaggery? Becuse I don't. Also, if you even knew me in the slightest you would know that I really don't take anything too seriously, especially the things I cannot change. Disagreements are fine, but when you see someone posting nothing but 'douchbaggery' type posts time and again without even the first honest post, its a little pointless.

You must have been offended by my OP. Sorry you felt that it was geared toward you. Or was it? Possibly, I don't know. That would be your call. But thanks for the reply none the less Sunshine.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

You must have missed the my post where I said that noone has wronged me. My skin is very thick thank you. You wonder why you hardly ever see me commenting about someones bouchbaggery? Becuse I don't. Also, if you even knew me in the slightest you would know that I really don't take anything too seriously, especially the things I cannot change. Disagreements are fine, but when you see someone posting nothing but 'douchbaggery' type posts time and again without even the first honest post, its a little pointless.

heres a little douchbaggery that I had the good fortune to recieve:

Originally posted by dude69
reply to post by tribewilder

Nice bootlicking there you douche

This is what I believe that you are referring to in this thread.

I find it rather amusing myself, but then again, I just look at where it`s coming from...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

LOL Exactly the reason I made thus post. Nice example.

MOTF!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join