It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA State Clamps Down on Gold Sellers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Interestingly, after starting this thread, I saw it posted on several other sites that I follow, in which they had presented it much in the same way I had, which was kind of - The Sky Is Falling. However, as I have stated, that doesn't seem to be the case. Nonetheless, I think there is a lot of merit to what you are saying, with respect to building a foundation of legislation in which to implement a tracking system of sorts. The reality is, while this bill has some clarity within it, with respect to gold/silver bullion, I have read other state's legislation that doesn't. So, if anything, it is a little complicated at the moment and I think the best thing is to just be aware of this and other legislation that comes through the system.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

The history of precious metals confiscation in this country shows us that when it happens, and I believe it will, nothing will be protected. Not your homes not your places of work and certainly not your bank deposit box. All will be searched. When Roosevelt confiscated it the first time, you literally had to bury it some place and hope no one found it. Very few records were kept then and those with deposit boxes that didn't have enough notice of the act got theirs confiscated. Collectors and numismatists also had theirs taken but a lot was left untouched because ownership was kept secret by most. With all the records kept on the citizenry in this country today it will make it darned near impossible to keep any of it and this type legislation makes it even harder. Those that just enter the market now will never be able to keep the ownership of precious metals away from the prying eyes of governmental officials!

Zindo

new topics

<< 1   >>

join