It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Observation 16-02-2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Finaly some good weather so here is a new video from the Moon, Equipment Celestron Nexstar 11" 40mm Eyepiece and 2x Barlow.

Have fun

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Ok, so when are you going to upload the raw video? It's obvious you've edited out the Soul Catcher, towers, ufos, and of course the aliens.

Seriously though, nice video...thanks for sharing it with us!
It makes me want to go out and buy a telescope, so I can see all the cool things in the sky for myself..

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
How do you record video from your telescope?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamTGonzalez
How do you record video from your telescope?

Same question. The quality is ASTOUNDING.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
S+F

Great video as usual, thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Pause at 1:34 and somebody please tell me what is in the middle of that crater in the bottom right???????

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hybridkate

That crater has a central peak. They're fairly common. They can be found in Tycho, Copernicus, Theopholous and many others.

They're caused when the meteor hits and melts the crust. As the ejecta walls collapse, the lava splashes back to the center just like the water does in this video:

edit on 17-2-2011 by Saint Exupery because: I added the video link.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

wow, thanks!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I hope people notice that the perimeter of the moon clearly shows it's curvature with noticeable peeks and valleys, ie. a very rocky uneven altitude differentiation that you will not see on the earth even if the Himalaya mountains are on the horizon.

It puts into perspective just how rough the terrain is on the moon from celestial strikes compared to its size, compared to a living planet like the Earth, and just how much larger the Earth is than the moon, our solar system's closest companions in size, locked together in orbit.

I believe I heard somewhere that we are yet incapable of creating a man-made sphere, (or facsimile of) comparatively as smooth as the surface of our very own Earth, should the physical size be the same. And to think it looks pretty hilly if you live in the Colorado mountains, he ha.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IllustronicI believe I heard somewhere that we are yet incapable of creating a man-made sphere, (or facsimile of) comparatively as smooth as the surface of our very own Earth, should the physical size be the same.

This is not correct. The heart of the Gravity Probe-B satellite are gyroscopes made from pure quartz spheres that have been machined so precisely that, if they were the size of the Earth, the highest imperfection would be less than 1.5 meters tall. They even got in the Guinness Database of World Records.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrithr

Haha yes i am sorry i am not allowed to let you see more

Thanks for the comment Astrithr
yes to own a telescope thats magic for your eyes

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the nice comments I really appreciate that

For the people who don't know how i go to work, here is a video

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

I would stand corrected. The information I was reciting must be decades old, in fact a lot of things I heard in the 70's kind of stick in my head, I should have done a bit of research before making such a statement.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Sweet video, thanks! Please film crescent or quarter moon, it's the best phase for craters and ridges

new topics

top topics

join