It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Official tells whites to go to hell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yeah, lets take a walk outside to the parking lot and we settle this like real men

Just kidding.

But come on. This happens more often than you think. Blacks make racial statements and never get held responsible for it. Thought it was all about racial equality and breaking down the barriers that's been dividing us.

When people like these makes statements like that it doesn't help much. Just builds more barriers as they incite anger amongst other races. Don't think the OP is trying cause trouble here.

He actually brought up a social issue that doesn't get a lot of attention because people fear being called racist or whatever.

As for the official. I'm sure he could have used a thousand different words to point out who he is referring to ,but instead he pointed them out on their skin colour. Big No-No.

U can't expect the public to not to lash out at something like that. Obviously race is still a big issue on both sides of the fence.

As the OP pointed out this isn't the first time the man said something racist.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

Regardless of his racial motivations people still vote him in, there may be some werit there.
And yes if it were a white guy that said that there would be a witch hunt.
I defend the man as i believe no matter what his motivations may be, this was a directed attack, and would defend a yellow, purple, blue, or red man for their freedom of beliefs.
That said we are getting off topic, but divide and conquer is the way of the man and i see racial divides as a dead issue.
As long as he has got a rifle and is firing in the same direction that i am firing, i welcome any color.
We have bigger fish to fry you and i.
So i am asking "Can't we all just get along"?
This is my last post in this article, last word to you.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

That means i win as you had nothing fruitful to add other than calling me a childish name.
Bravo

Lmao. Really? You're calling him childish? Dude... grow up.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

Promoting hate in an effort to combat hate will never work.

What this guy said was wrong but calling for the same ignorant hatred won't make it right.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Na, just tired of it. Live in a country where racial issues are a big problem. So excuse me if I got a little carried away there.

See where I live it's like a volcano waiting to burst. Racist statements get thrown around a lot and nothing ever gets done. Like a vicious circle that has no ending. They incite anger amongst whites, white people get angry, start calling names back and... Boom... the wheel just keeps spinning. So yeah, I understand what your saying. Can't fight hate with hate, but I'm getting tired of race card. It's a issue that should have be buried a long time ago.

Unfortunately it hasn't. Sure that makes me a hypocrit for saying black people should go to hell, I suppose.

People who make racist remarks shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. Else, like I said, the wheel just keeps spinning and the problem never gets solved. Though, I've seen it a lot where some people just ignore it. Or tell others to turn a blind eye to it. Don't think problems get solved by ignoring them.
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

ahh but, should you hold your head up and be the first to avoid firing back with more of the same, you, possibly, could be the first step towards destroying the cycle.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

As the OP pointed out this isn't the first time the man said something racist.

What he said in the past was not only racist, (calling for blacks to shoot white cops if a black chief isnt chosen) it couldve been interpreted as attempting to incite a riot and was definitely used to sway the selection process of the Police Chief.
The tactic probably worked too, since they did chose a black chief.

The whole point of the thread is to point out the HUGE double standards that exist in racial attitudes in this country.
Minority races in the US are able to say and do things about other races that would get a white man prosecuted for a hate crime. (that statement alone will cause someone on here to claim that im a racist)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I have had my disagreements with John Price for a long time, but to be honest in this case he was attacked personally by the man who caused the disturbance. Noting that he is a public official and should learn to keep his cool, but if someone insistently continued to attack me personally I would so hey BLANK YOU AND BLANK YOUR DOG, AND BLANK YOUR FAMILY! To me telling that dunderhead to go to hell was mild to what the majority of us would have said.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I know there's double standards. That's what I'm saying. Even here where whites are a minority there's double standards. Think a lot of people are starting to notice that. There's been a number of threads made pointing out this exact issue a couple of times.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Unfortunately I'm only human. It's sometimes easier said than done. Not that I haven't stopped trying.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
'All of you are black. Go to hell!'

..just wondering what kind of reception such a statement would have got in the local, national..and international, press.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross Cross
'All of you are black. Go to hell!'

..just wondering what kind of reception such a statement would have got in the local, national..and international, press.

If that wouldve been a white official saying that, he wouldve been immediately impeached or whatever the process is for "firing" an elected official in Dallas County and possibly had charges brought against him.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animatrix

If that wouldve been a white official saying that, he wouldve been immediately impeached or whatever the process is for "firing" an elected official in Dallas County and possibly had charges brought against him.

No, not necessarily.

The white official would only get fired, if and only if:
A) he was a Republican, and
B) he said that about a Democrat.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
For those who are not familiar with this guy's craziness, here is an article that gives an overview of his shenanigans.

www.dallasobserver.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The (black) Commissioner (who probably benefited from "affirmative action" hiring policies so he had no ax to grind) should have been Fired asap. Can you image if a white commissioner made those statements about and to blacks? He would not only have been fired immediately but called a racist by the media and run out of town metaphorically on a rail with a fresh body suit of tar and feathers.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

John Price is a council man he is elected to the position.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animatrix
How this guy is able to keep his position is beyond me.

If I remember correctly he is from South Oak Cliff, and represents their interests, which would explain it. He's been a tool for decades, and he will always be a tool. One of the most racist [snip]nozzles in existence.

/TOA

top topics

<< 1   >>

join