It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Seeking Persona Management Software (Fake Web Users) to manufacture concent

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I got that one earlier in the thread. Here it is. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

I would have done that if I knew how to lol. I still haven't figured out how to link specific posts in a thread yet.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Since the mods closed that breaking news thread. I will repost the Guardian article link on this thread since it is relevant still. www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Right click and copy the link where it says "this post" in blue.

link   

Yeah they closed it and provided a link to Dimensional Dectective's thread .

A mod also closed a Loughner thread I was in entitled "Loughner is innocent til proven guilty "
The mod claimed we now have proof beyond doubt that he did it . He provided a link edited to say "surveillance video catches Loughner "
I clicked the link expecting to see this footage , all it was , was a sherrif speaking about the surveillance footage , so we have to assume the video exsists and assume hes telling the truth about what it shows .
Im sorry but that is not evidence beyond doubt . So I find it suspicious that the thread was closed .

Another thread with a Dr Lenny Thyme talking about chemtrails/geoengineering was closed with no reason given .

link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Thanks! The Guardian article spells it out as well. Unsettling to say the least, the ever adapting domain of propaganda.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomzilla

The crappy part of this is that we will now never know if we are being misdirected by an army of sock puppets but of course we should expect every type of manipulation from government. They are in the business of manufacturing consent with the MSM so why not the new media right.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
if people do not think they can be spied upon on the internet, then they are foolish. i always go by the notion that whatever i say on, or do on, the internet, someone can find out what it is. advanced data mining has been around for years, and to assume you have anonimity is a falsehood.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Ah thanks, I missed that totally, I guess it is because it is dark blue on gray, not so easy to see.

Yeah doomzilla, I participated in that thread I am pretty sure. That really sucks it was closed, it was a great thread while I was there. Absolute proof my ass, I even have doubts if Jared even exists....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I agree, I look at the net as belonging to everyone. Once you post it on the net, it don't belong to you anymore, it belongs to everyone. I don't care if people are spying on the net TBH.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Ah thanks, I missed that totally, I guess it is because it is dark blue on gray, not so easy to see.

Yeah doomzilla, I participated in that thread I am pretty sure. That really sucks it was closed, it was a great thread while I was there. Absolute proof my ass, I even have doubts if Jared even exists....

Lol so do some of us .
Did you hear about one of Loughner 's teachers getting arrested on feb 25 th at the location of the shooting ?
read my 2nd post on this page www.abovetopsecret.com...

Me and Kroms researched this guy and let me just say , he is strange . Id love to know what you think .
We found out a LOT about him in my thread .

Peace

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
reply to post by Doomzilla

The crappy part of this is that we will now never know if we are being misdirected by an army of sock puppets but of course we should expect every type of manipulation from government. They are in the business of manufacturing consent with the MSM so why not the new media right.

Ats should be used for networking purposes . Build up a list of friends you can rely on if shtf .
I speak to a few guys from ats on yahoo messenger . Its nice to talk without debunkers and mods harassing us .
Peace

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I have not seen anyone in this thread mentioning that the internet should provide privacy. I think the point is and most will agree is that this software can be used by government agents as a force multiplier online. They can redirect and reframe the debate on a forum with it. The fact is that they have controlled the conversation by spoon feeding the MSM for decades now. Now they are doing it in what was the most free medium of ideas ever. The internet is the last bastion of freedom of speech and thought. Now the governments are moving in to take over this space.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Not to be detoured The Revenant has reposted his thread under the ATS Board Business & Questions. I am now wondering why since this is clearly a different article then the Raw Story or the PC world article why the mod shut it down? The article on Guardian stands on its own as a unique piece of news does it not?

Enter that discussion here. A Clear & Present Danger to ATS

I think in order to get this story on the front page we all who are participating in this thread and the other related threads should enter and participate in each of these discussions. Which ever one makes it to the front page does not matter so long as it contains the core information we would like to bring to the front.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
Which ever one makes it to the front page does not matter so long as it contains the core information we would like to bring to the front.

This Topic has to be visible!
While Reading the differents articles, words came to my mind..we got: Social Media-Army-Fake virtual people-Virtual gosht...

about cyberclones
quick research How to brand yourself on social media www.softwareorg.com...
edit on 17-3-2011 by ArZak because: post not finished

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ArZak

I read the article and I can not relate it to the content of this thread or to the specific threat of sock puppet online personas. Can you put this together with some connection to its relevance to the thread? Thanks.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

mmmm...I was just thinking that Basically "Fake web users" are that social media call Cyberclones...
"sock puppet online personas" can be the evolution of an alpha or beta socialmedia cyberclones...

ok I know Im not focusing on the danger of an attack by this fake-id-cyberarmy.
whatever...information about sock puppets is:
-each fake online persona must have a convincing background, able to operate false identities from their workstations
-software would require licenses for 50 users with 10 personas each, for a total of 500

persona management requires providing the human actors technology that takes the decision process out of the loop when using a specific persona. For this purpose we custom developed either virtual machines or thumb drives for each persona. This allowed the human actor to open a virtual machine or thumb drive with an associated persona and have all the appropriate email accounts, associations, web pages, social media accounts, etc. pre-established and configured with visual cues to remind the actor which persona he/she is using so as not to accidentally cross-contaminate personas during use
source: www.dailykos.com...

so sock puppets are not a kind of bot that spam the same information...
Artifical Intelligence have to be more "upgraded""?? more clever? or more human?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This story is making the rounds. NOw the Huffingtonpost has picked up on it. See this article

U.S. Military Launches Spy Operations Using Fake Online Identities

Well lets see now. First it was PC World, then Raw Story, Then Washington Times, then Daily KOS, and then The Guardian, and now HuffPo. I wonder when it will hit the idiot box talking heads circuit?

edit on 18-3-2011 by wayouttheredude because: added Daily KOS

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Sorry to just post the links without detailed comment. I really don't have the time this week to read through and highlight the relevant parts.

Basically these documents are relevant because they show that intelligence strategists were planning to use blogs (and almost certainly other important media like large forums) for operations. Remember that intelligence operations are not solely conducted abroad in war theatres.

In one of the documents a program called Megaphone was mentioned as a cyber op tool. Have you ever wondered how certain subject matter is posted and then teams literally show up almost unbelievably quickly to blast you or destroy your thread. This program or one like it could be the reason. Among other things, it alerts the user when a post is made containing user defined keywords.

it has been criticized by Independent Television News, and others for stuffing the ballot of online polls, generating excessive comments and 'spam' on internet message boards, and stifling online discussion.
en.wikipedia.org...

That tool coupled with a sock puppet manager would allow an organisation to stifle lots of debate with very few staff.

Here are the documents. There are more but I can't find them now. Hopefully they are still out there and I will retrieve them.

Blogs and Military Information Strategy by James B. Kinniburgh, Major, USAF, and Dr. Dorothy E. Denning

MILITARY DECEPTION OPERATIONS IN THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE by William R. Cunningham, Lieutenant Colonel, USMC

CYBERSPACE AND THE NEW AGE OF INFLUENCE BY MAJOR LELAND BOHANNON

Influence Operations and the Internet: A 21st Century Issue Legal, Doctrinal and Policy Challenges in the Cyber World Rebecca A. Keller, Lt Col, USAF

Finally there is this conclusion made by the author of this article on a formerly secret now declassified document. There is a link to the document in the article.

Conclusion
Does the Pentagon define any real limits to information warfare? Information operations can be used on both domestic and foreign audiences, in non-permissive or semi-permissive environments, on adversary and non-adversary, during peace, crisis and war, and in denied areas. Should we really expect anything less? They did tell us that their goal was full spectrum dominance. (emphasis mine)
Information Operatiions Roadmap by Brent Jessop

Should we expect any less from any other powerful organisations? Probably not.
edit on 24/3/11 by Pimander because: typos

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I have added some video tips for dealing with some of the activity discussed in this thread.]

Video Tips for Spotting and Side-Stepping Web Goons

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join