It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone tell me what happened???? Did I walk into a different dimenision of time for a few minu

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I wanted to a share an experience I had and get some input. It was one of the STRANGEST experiences I have ever had. Please bare with me I need to lay the ground work of where I was and why......and I must also add, I am a retired professional (CEO and Board memeber of Direct Lender/ under 47 years of age, female.) and I do not drink excessively or do mind altering substances. Not that I need to qualify my experience but I feel it important that those elements are factored in.
Okay...here goes

I had a girl that was a friend of mine who was having serious problems with her live-in boyfriend. He was starting to show signs of abusive behavior towards her and their "10 month of child". She called me one night in tears and said the police were on their way could I come and get the baby. I rushed over and got the child and took him to my house and they both were booked on domestic violence. Her for defending herself. She did not have a car at the time. So she moved out and I drove her to her parents house about 40 miles from where she had been living with the bad guy. I stayed with her for the weekend at her parents house. I was angry at my husband at the time for reasons that don't really matter. So it worked out pretty well.

On Sunday evening about 6pm her parents left the house to go do something and I was packed up and left shortly behind them. I drove to the end of the street (about the length of a football field) and decided I was going to stay another night. So I did a U-turn and went back to the same house I'd just left from. I never even got off the street. However as I was doing this U turn, something felt VERY STRANGE. I couldn't put my finger on it but I had like willys running up and down my spine. Anyway, I pulled back into the driveway got out of my car and went to the front door and knocked. And this voice that sounded like a little old lady said "GO AWAY!"

I said, "Shelly? Open the door it's me."
She said, "Theres no Shelly that lives here."

I stepped back and "LOOKED" at the house to make sure I was at the right house...AND I WAS.... AT THE SAME HOUSE I JUST LEFT FROM. So I knocked again....and said, "Come on Shelly this isn't funny, open the door".
And the same voice of the old lady said, "This this is not Shelly, go away!"

So I thought to myself....I was crazy, what's going on here? I backed up again looked at the houses on both sides next door. I even went to car and checked the address, JUST in case maybe I was wrong....but nope, same house same address! So all I could figure was the bad guy must have arrived as soon as I left (had been stalking her and baby)...he was making her say these things to get rid of me. So I ran to my car took off like a bat out of hell and went to the nearest pulic establishment, which was a grocery store and went up to the security guard in the parking lot and told him what had just happened and asked him to call the police for me. turns out I had inadvertantly left my cell phone at her house so couldn't call myself. I then went to the nearest payphone and called "my" cell phone and she answered it. I and in a panick I said...."What's going on are our you and the baby alright? I was just at your house why wouldn't you open the door?"

She said, "What are you talking about?"

I explained I what I had just experienced and then asked again "Why wouldn't ou open the door?"

She said, "I have no idea what your are talking about. The baby and I have been sitting right here on the couch in front of the TV and the door being in the same room, since you left." WHAT are you talking about?"

I said, "Listen, I'm on my way back....I decided to spend the night again, and besides I need to come back and get my phone."
So when I arrived back at the SAME HOUSE...she opened the door and swore on her life that there's no way I or anyone else had been knocking at the door the entire evening except this last time when she opened the door for me just then. When I told everything that happened she said that there is not an old lady that even lives in that neighborhood, at least on her streeet. She further told me that the lady they bought the house from was old and died there several years ago. I just started shaking crying. It scared the crap out of me.

You may or may not believe me....but the thing is...I drove straight back to the SAME house each time. The only other thing I can come up with is...I must have entered into a different dimension of time for just a frew minutes. I can not come up with any other explanation. And I am totally of sound mind as well...with a 152 IQ. So I am NOT crazy. It was very strange. I never had anything like that happen again, so far...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Did you take a picture or get the name of the person from the other timeline ? a diffrent name tag, anything ?
Did you try calling her while in the "other" place ?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I believe you and I can tell you want your character to be seen as one with credibility. This is the third or fourth thread about anomalies in time. I have also had one. I am not sure what is going on and if perhaps they're just coincidence but it is strange that different people have been having similar stories of anomalies in time.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
I believe you and I can tell you want your character to be seen as one with credibility. This is the third or fourth thread about anomalies in time. I have also had one. I am not sure what is going on and if perhaps they're just coincidence but it is strange that different people have been having similar stories of anomalies in time.

Wow, really. I've never heard of anyone saying something similar. Do you have any reference for me to go to?
And thank you...I was concerned about posting this...I'm expecting neg feedback. You know how people can be sometimes......lol

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
without being there who can tell what exactly happened, however I have heard this, moreso recently of people being thrown out of their 'dimension' and ending up here...welcome to the party? xD

but quite seriously, the only way to know in a situation like that if it is infact 'real' is to trust your instinct. also follow the hitchhikers guide and 'don't panic'. applys to any situation.

it is also possible that the lady in question has...lost some memory, through alzimers or what have you. could be that she was wrong.

there are many possibilities, one cannot entirely rule out the 'impossible' the same as one can't rule out some psychological anomoly from whoevers side of the story.

thats my 2 cents, has anything else radically changed or was that the only uh, relative change?

ed: I agree with 'cib' this is not the first thread on this topic, and as much as I um...need, to be sure of my stance on any given topic, I think this is muchly worth exploring. there is a possibility that the time distortion technologys discussed on such programmes as 'coast to coast am' are real, and this could be a possible cause...
edit on 17-2-2011 by madscientistintraining because: (no reason given)

ed2: I didn't mean that to sound cold, I simply cannot trust on word anymore. too many past mistakes. and youtube 'debates' -_-
edit on 17-2-2011 by madscientistintraining because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelicdefender2012

As a point of reference:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

also remember that this man is an average family man using no strange or mind altering substances and he also experienced a strange event. very similar to you and very recent.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Fascinating.. I wonder if our universe is going through some kind of time/reality shift.., As this is nothing new as of recently on the boards..There has been many..many members claiming similar phenomena's.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by madscientistintraining

thats my 2 cents, has anything else radically changed or was that the only uh, relative change?

No there has not been any other radical change.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelicdefender2012

Originally posted by 9Cib27

Wow, really. I've never heard of anyone saying something similar. Do you have any reference for me to go to?
And thank you...I was concerned about posting this...I'm expecting neg feedback. You know how people can be sometimes......lol

Maybe it was the lady's ghost? I have heard of hauntings where someone would not hear someone at the door, etc because of a paranormal charge in the air. See the ghost may have used the energy (sound is energy) to manifest and project a "voice". Just an idea, a theory, it could be wrong, it could be right. Maybe try to get some EVPs from the house!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Anyone watch fringe?

Sounds like a similar experience.

I remember a news segment about how they were going to start putting current events subtly into primetime TV shows, they said it was to garner interest and keep tv shows current and relevent.

So, does this apply to Fringe also? If there are any fans of the show here you may know that alot of things in the show are parrallels to real life, like bizzarro. For example, Massive Dynamic, the company that is the main focus of the show has a real-life sister "General Dynamic", they do military contracts, especially aviation. Then there is William Bell, another important character on the show, again we have a real life military contracter, Bell industries. Walter Bishop is synominous with Amy Bishop, the proffessor who went crazy and shot at her fellow faculty memebers a year or two ago.

I know it sounds crazy to mix entertainment and real life, but I often wonder about the show Fringe and the similarities to real life instances.

I feel like I have experienced moments like this, but cannot really remember them, I can feel the feeling that you are talking about but have no point of reference for this feeling. Strange.

Perhaps there is a non-paranormal explaination for it though, maybe your friend is schitzophrenic and it was one of her other personalities that spoke to you at the door, maybe she was playing a trick on you, maybe she didn't want you to stay another night and tried to trick you. Maybe you didn't go to the right house after all and you are mistaken. Who knows? Thankyou for sharing your experience, it is interesting to me.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Its happens all the time Mate, Reality is converging in on itself with Parralel universes colliding all the time, Steven Hawking even belives its possible that everystep we take we could be walking through different yet Completely similar realities where chance is Endless and can By chance occur just like that *snaps Fingers* Every action has a complete and opposite reaction where the possible choices we make are limitless but the problem starts when we rethink decisions and Question our decisions by turning back on ourselves at that point we create even more possibilites, sometimes these decisions collide with our reality to create an equal and Opposite reality yet is Normally not questiond because its either similar or the same, but i like to think even relative reality goes hoof's up at times

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I believe you have analyzed your experience well.

However, you have been wronged as this was done without your agreement or permission. I cannot begin to express how egregious and unacceptable what has been done to you is.

You are in California and there are fine Native American practitioners who can walk this area with you to find this culprit. The reason I recommend the Native American is they have experience with both on worlders and off worlders. You never know, it could be a combination of circumstances. Also, they will know why "Shelly" tormented you and Shelley can be resolved at the same time.

I am so sorry you were put through this. However, something good will come from it and after you see yourself through this you will be able to help others.

In my prayers, -aw

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Fascinating story, thank you for sharing it.

Did you by chance notice any differences at all during your trips to the house? I'm talking smaller details about the house or property. Did the gardens have the same flowers/plants in them? Was the paint on the window trim the same colour? Did the front door maybe have a different style handle, or maybe the door itself was a different style altogether? Did the mailbox have a different name on it? I know you probably weren't actually looking at those sorts of things given how freaked out you must have felt, but it'd be interesting to know if any of those smaller differences were present and noticed.

Mind you, I'm not doubting your story or anything like that. Given the situation, I doubt your friend would have been in the mood to mess with you. Unfortunately I've never experienced anything like this myself though, so I'm not really sure what happened.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

I can think of some details to a *specific* story that would have strange implications on anomalies in space-time

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing. I don't think you're crazy and have experience in this realm of things.

A little about me and why I'm qualified to answer you

I have sensed ghosts and paranormal things my whole life so I know how things like this can make you feel and how most people can't handle that something like this could have actually happened and tend to disbelieve you, razz you, or call you crazy or drugged. I have a Master's degree in Transpersonal Psychology, one aspect of which deals with consciousness studies,paranormal, etc.

In my opinion there are two things that can explain what happened to you: an "imprint" or an actual spirit. Given your emotional state and the quick decision to change your mind, the associated anxiety, etc your increased energy could have either allowed you to see the imprint, or your energy may have given the spirit enough energy to come through in conscious, visible form.

An imprint is basically an emotional vision from a different time period that is somehow associated or linked with a location. Your emotional state may have just kicked you up a notch to be able to sense the imprint, which is always there until removed by someone with energy clearing abilities.
Concerning the spirit making a presence - the woman may have always been able to sense the house, just slightly beyond our normal everyday material-world level of consciousness. A person's energy can cause a ghost to show up, this is how mediums (myself included) are able to interact with spirits. You likely have this ability if you choose to train yourself in it, AND since it's happened once don't be surprised if you sense other beings here and there.

I imagine this is scary and bizarre but try not to be scared, there is basically no way for spirits to harm or interact with you. Pretty much the worst you could experience, and unlikely, is bad dreams, or odd dreams. If this happens feel free to message me or contact someone in the paranormal field.

Because I KNOW some people will say it's dangerous and I'm giving bad advice, please just watch for any signs or negative emotions. If something seems out of whack talk to someone (qualified someone) about it. There have been a very small number of things like spirits harming/scratching people but it is almost entirely a Hollywood embelished story. Try to relax about it and I'm happy to talk in-depth as much as you like, free of charge and confidentially. [for the record I am not a licensed therapist but am qualified to give counseling and spiritual advice in this area.]

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think we will witness more and more strange events like this as we approach 2012. Time as we know it is ending.

I've got a theory...
Think of time as a bouncing ball, and how the hight and tempo of each bounce shortens and quickens as it gets closer to it's inevitable fate that is running out of energy and stopping. Or ending.
In the early days of our Universe, time was slow and boring. It took millions of years for something important and progressive to happen. i.e formation of molecules, formation of materials, stars, planets, systems, galaxies etc etc. That is when the ball was bouncing high and the deflections, or tempo, were slower and less frequent.

Now we are approaching the opposite singularity. The consequence or fate. The tempo is quickening to the point where you could hardly tell if the ball was on it's way up or on it's way down. This is where the time overlaps and distortions happen. Characters seem to briefly switch dimensions. Objects disappear into thin air as though they never existed, only to replace themselves a few minutes later (I've actually had that happen to me on a few occasions).

Time is running out of energy, as everything that has ever existed eventually does. The ball is stopping. What will happen?

Just a guess

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I couldn't tell you what happened but I can say things like this seem to be happening more and more you could have very well had some kind of time slip,we are living in strange times.........keep a camera with you from now on!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Sounds like you did experience a time slip or something of the like... could also have been the ghost of the old lady who died there. While either is likely, I tend to lean toward the ghost scenario, because of all the negative emotions at the time. Some spirits feed on negative energy and use it to manifest in some way. If this was a grouchy old lady, it seems more likely that she would have been able to feed off the emotions of your friend who left an abusive boyfriend and you, being mad at your husband at the time. It's hard to say for sure though.

The fact that you had an odd feeling before going back to the house could mean that it actually was a time slip, however. There have been many posts about such things lately! It's strange how all of this seems to be happening more and more often!

You're definitely not crazy. It's one of those things that happen that is almost impossible to explain... one of those things that "isn't supposed to happen" but it does anyway. Sometimes I even think that such things happen for a reason, although that reason may not be immediately obvious.

I wish you and your friend the best! If you think of anything else that happened during the experience, be sure to post.

I hope that you and your friend are in better situations now and that both of you are happier and that all problems are resolved.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Brrrrr, I just got the chills.
Fascinating story.
I wonder if, as we draw closer to the end of this age and the beginning of the next as the Mayans believe,
will we witness more and more of these events as our dimension phases out and a new one phases in.
A crossing or interferrance if you will.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelicdefender2012
I wanted to a share an experience I had and get some input. It was one of the STRANGEST experiences I have ever had. Please bare with me I need to lay the ground work of where I was and why......and I must also add, I am a retired professional (CEO and Board memeber of Direct Lender/ under 47 years of age, female.) and I do not drink excessively or do mind altering substances. Not that I need to qualify my experience but I feel it important that those elements are factored in.
Okay...here goes

I had a girl that was a friend of mine who was having serious problems with her live-in boyfriend. He was starting to show signs of abusive behavior towards her and their "10 month of child". She called me one night in tears and said the police were on their way could I come and get the baby. I rushed over and got the child and took him to my house and they both were booked on domestic violence. Her for defending herself. She did not have a car at the time. So she moved out and I drove her to her parents house about 40 miles from where she had been living with the bad guy. I stayed with her for the weekend at her parents house. I was angry at my husband at the time for reasons that don't really matter. So it worked out pretty well.

On Sunday evening about 6pm her parents left the house to go do something and I was packed up and left shortly behind them. I drove to the end of the street (about the length of a football field) and decided I was going to stay another night. So I did a U-turn and went back to the same house I'd just left from. I never even got off the street. However as I was doing this U turn, something felt VERY STRANGE. I couldn't put my finger on it but I had like willys running up and down my spine. Anyway, I pulled back into the driveway got out of my car and went to the front door and knocked. And this voice that sounded like a little old lady said "GO AWAY!"

I said, "Shelly? Open the door it's me."
She said, "Theres no Shelly that lives here."

I stepped back and "LOOKED" at the house to make sure I was at the right house...AND I WAS.... AT THE SAME HOUSE I JUST LEFT FROM. So I knocked again....and said, "Come on Shelly this isn't funny, open the door".
And the same voice of the old lady said, "This this is not Shelly, go away!"

So I thought to myself....I was crazy, what's going on here? I backed up again looked at the houses on both sides next door. I even went to car and checked the address, JUST in case maybe I was wrong....but nope, same house same address! So all I could figure was the bad guy must have arrived as soon as I left (had been stalking her and baby)...he was making her say these things to get rid of me. So I ran to my car took off like a bat out of hell and went to the nearest pulic establishment, which was a grocery store and went up to the security guard in the parking lot and told him what had just happened and asked him to call the police for me. turns out I had inadvertantly left my cell phone at her house so couldn't call myself. I then went to the nearest payphone and called "my" cell phone and she answered it. I and in a panick I said...."What's going on are our you and the baby alright? I was just at your house why wouldn't you open the door?"

She said, "What are you talking about?"

I explained I what I had just experienced and then asked again "Why wouldn't ou open the door?"

She said, "I have no idea what your are talking about. The baby and I have been sitting right here on the couch in front of the TV and the door being in the same room, since you left." WHAT are you talking about?"

I said, "Listen, I'm on my way back....I decided to spend the night again, and besides I need to come back and get my phone."
So when I arrived back at the SAME HOUSE...she opened the door and swore on her life that there's no way I or anyone else had been knocking at the door the entire evening except this last time when she opened the door for me just then. When I told everything that happened she said that there is not an old lady that even lives in that neighborhood, at least on her streeet. She further told me that the lady they bought the house from was old and died there several years ago. I just started shaking crying. It scared the crap out of me.

You may or may not believe me....but the thing is...I drove straight back to the SAME house each time. The only other thing I can come up with is...I must have entered into a different dimension of time for just a frew minutes. I can not come up with any other explanation. And I am totally of sound mind as well...with a 152 IQ. So I am NOT crazy. It was very strange. I never had anything like that happen again, so far...

You may well be crazy. Most overtly intelligent people, atleast in the usual accepted definition of intelligence, are loons. Infact there's been alot of studies to this.

Not that you're crazy, but having a 100 IQ would probably leave you statistically less vunerable to mental issues.

Very odd story. While that's all it is, I'm sure it's scientifically plausable depending on which genius you asked.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join