It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone tell me what happened???? Did I walk into a different dimenision of time for a few minu

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelicdefender2012
I wanted to a share an experience I had and get some input.

I once, more than two decades ago, saw the moon rise all the way, to a point high in the sky, in a short time (ten minutes or so). Before it was all the way above the horizon, I considered the possibility that it was an atomic explosion, a rising mushroom cloud. Someone was with me too, and they saw it also. Neither of us were intoxicated. I have read that there is some kind of reasonable explanation for this, that it is an illusion, but I'm not so sure. I didn't notice if the stars did the same thing.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
First off, I am very skeptical when a person starts off their post by giving a laundry list of why they should not be deemed to be lying. Almost every fake post starts off in this fashion: I never do drugs and I wasn't drunk at the time. I am a professional. This never happened to me before. I've never shared this with anyone. I have an IQ of 152, etc. These are what I call "Fake Qualifiers." They are meant to suck you into the post and make it seem more plausible. They also occur at the end of a post. I stopped taking the post seriously after about the 4th line in.

Secondly, a more authentic, or believable intro would go like this:

I recently had an experience that I nor my friends can explain. I have a passing interest in strange topics, paranormal, etc and decided to share my experience on here because it seems to be a place where others communciate about these types of things. My friends and family are not so much into these topics so I felt somewhat "brushed" off by their opinions. Anyway this is what happened to me.

Here is the entire "Fake Qualifying" ending to original post:

You may or may not believe me....but the thing is...I drove straight back to the SAME house each time. The only other thing I can come up with is...I must have entered into a different dimension of time for just a frew minutes. I can not come up with any other explanation. And I am totally of sound mind as well...with a 152 IQ. So I am NOT crazy. It was very strange. I never had anything like that happen again, so far...

edit on 18-2-2011 by mercurythewise because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I have writers block so I cant answer your story..

Sorry..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I have had more than one time slip. The first occurred at night. I woke up at exactly 3 am for a few nights in a row, and the third night I awoke at 2:30 am I got kind of spooked and went outside to see if anyone was there. My garage door was open and the house wasn't locked. I walked onto the driveway through the garage and got hit by 1 rain drop. Looked up but there were no clouds. walked back inside and it was 5:00 am. Another time I was outside putting my bike in my car when I witnessed the sun skip across the sky. from around a 1 pm position to a 7pm position. when this happened I realized i had to go to the bathroom really bad, as if I had been holding it for hours. I felt like I lost time on both of these occasions, but I was the only one that noticed it. I still don't have an explanation for what happened, but after having a close encounter with a ufo while driving, it's probably likely I'm some kinda of alien experiment. On the other hand could be a time slip related to the nature of our existence in a quantum universe.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mercurythewise
First off, I am very skeptical when a person starts off their post by giving a laundry list of why they should not be deemed to be lying. Almost every fake post starts off in this fashion: I never do drugs and I wasn't drunk at the time. I am a professional. This never happened to me before. I've never shared this with anyone. I have an IQ of 152, etc. These are what I call "Fake Qualifiers." They are meant to suck you into the post and make it seem more plausible. They also occur at the end of a post. I stopped taking the post seriously after about the 4th line

How do you know this? What's the control in a study of this principle? It reminds me of a scientist who sits on the board of the False Memory Syndrome Foundation saying that false memories of sexual abuse are much more common in women than men. really?
It's entirely reasonable to expect that someone posting something of this nature would know that they would be met with scepticism. It's called defensiveness, and it occurs often and justifiably in anticipation of ridicule. In addition, consider that most speeches and professional papers begin with an introduction that includes the speaker's / writer's credentials, the singular purpose being to lend credence to what they are about to say. By your logic, most speakers and writers on all subjects are fraudulent.
edit on 18-2-2011 by grizzle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mercurythewise
First off, I am very skeptical when a person starts off their post by giving a laundry list of why they should not be deemed to be lying. Almost every fake post starts off in this fashion: I never do drugs and I wasn't drunk at the time. I am a professional. This never happened to me before. I've never shared this with anyone. I have an IQ of 152, etc. These are what I call "Fake Qualifiers." They are meant to suck you into the post and make it seem more plausible. They also occur at the end of a post. I stopped taking the post seriously after about the 4th line in.

Secondly, a more authentic, or believable intro would go like this:

I recently had an experience that I nor my friends can explain. I have a passing interest in strange topics, paranormal, etc and decided to share my experience on here because it seems to be a place where others communciate about these types of things. My friends and family are not so much into these topics so I felt somewhat "brushed" off by their opinions. Anyway this is what happened to me.

Here is the entire "Fake Qualifying" ending to original post:

You may or may not believe me....but the thing is...I drove straight back to the SAME house each time. The only other thing I can come up with is...I must have entered into a different dimension of time for just a frew minutes. I can not come up with any other explanation. And I am totally of sound mind as well...with a 152 IQ. So I am NOT crazy. It was very strange. I never had anything like that happen again, so far...

Next time I'll look you up so "YOU" can

Excuse me for not consulting with you first before I posted my experience. As to the believablity.......the truth is always stranger than fiction and you have every right in the world to believe or not believe. I for one....am a believer!

And next time I'll make sure you write my experience for me.....so others will believe it as well. Doesn't seem like people really took very seriously, what do you think?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Very odd indeed but i'm not surprised, I remember waking up as a child and looking out of my bedroom window, I was greeted by a Tudor Village as opposed to the suburban sprall I lived in at the time. Seems to be a more common happenstance than we realise. I'd say dimensional...like being in your home going to your slightly different front door and greeting a neighbour, who just happens to be someone completely different and speaking in a foreign language in this case German, in a German Officers Uniform......Something is definitely strange and on the increase..........

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
interesting story but am afraid you cant just say you experienced traveling into another dimension just because you heard a voice .Anyway i think angelwrangler is right and maybe your friend was the one talking (her split personality) which is just as scary .using the Occam razor thingy the simplest answer is usually correct ,so she was alone in the house you went to the door she never replied then you heard a voice from behind the door telling you it wasnt your friend and to go away .its more likely to have been a ghost than some sort of slip into another dimension of time why you came to that conclusion only you know ? is it possible your friend is suffering from post natal depression and the voice was her ? did you think of that ? And just because your IQ is high dont mean your not crazy

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
You totally swapped over temporarily. I am not insane either and I can surely tell you that it has happened to me as well. I am convinced that many people experience this, but they chalk it up to mundane explanations and misunderstandings.

I believe that there are many dimensions and that depending on the choices you make is directly related to where you end up. You go through life experiencing different things on many dimensions. When you decided to go back to your friend's house, something somehow broke down or got mixed up and you experienced that same house 5 years prior??

Whatever the explanation is, I fully believe you and fully believe that we as a species have not even begun to scratch the surface in subjects dealing with spirituality, exsistence etc.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Very strange story, unique in my eyes as I have never heard anything like this at all...Honestly I am kind of jealous of you. This is an experience I would love to have had,

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bertapearl

There is definitely something going on with space-time. As I wrote earlier as well as in another thread, I had a space-time rift on Feb 11-12. The details aren't important. What is important is that my son had one the other day too. How often does that happen? Twice in 1 month among family members. Weird. My ear has also started aching - and aside from a typical ear infection, I am wondering if anyone else is suffering from "ear aches" or throbbing in the inner ear canal.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Maybe it wasn't you that went through a different dimension, but the old lady. Although that doesn't explain why shelly wouldn't have seen her it is still a possibility; when discussing things like this anything is possible.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelicdefender2012

I've heard from a friend that this is a relatively frequent occurrence in Japan.
I mean, supposedly it has been reported frequently for decades or even centuries. It's part of their folklore.

Here's one such story,but there's another link there that may interest you.
It is somewhat similar to yours, but not quite.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I believe these are ‘timefolds’. I too, had an experience like yours. Many years ago, I traveled with a friend up to Virginia City, Nevada. She was going to a rock and gem shop… to pick up a large crystal rock she was buying. We parked and walked down the main ‘tourist’ street of old buildings; holding gift shops, candy shops, and restaurants. As we passed one of the restaurants, I looked in and noticed several people sitting at tables and eating breakfast fare. We arrived at the rock shop and were told that the man selling the crystals wasn’t there yet… and would be coming in late. So, we decided to grab a meal while we were waiting. I suggested the restaurant that we passed earlier and we headed out to that building. When we got there, the building was vacant, dusty, and closed up. I explained in a confusing manner that I just saw several people eating inside a few minutes ago. Thank goodness, my friend believed in unexplained things and affirmed her belief in my sighting. At the time, neither of us had a clue as to what happened.

Years later, I heard of a similar situation being told by a Catholic Priest… no less. The encounter he witnessed shook him up so much, he began to pursue several outlets to understand. After he traveled to many universities, psychics, and alike… he came to the conclusion that sometimes we travel through tiny folds in time/energy. Mostly without any awareness of it happening. He also believed that this happens to most people, at least once, if not more in a lifetime. The only difference between someone like you and the rest… is the circumstance of the timefold.

The Priest told me that what he and I had experienced… weaved back into our current timeline of understanding… which brought up a ‘challenge’ to our perception. The Priest believed that most people witness a timefold… and may think it to be a bit odd... or not. Yet, the circumstance doesn’t have them going back for some reason... challenging the moment. If you didn’t hear a voice answer the door, you may have well thought your friend just didn’t hear you. And you would have perceived the experience differently… without challenge to what you saw and heard.

All in all, you're not alone. Be well.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I really don't believe the story, though in all honesty it would have been a lot more believable if you didn't claim to be a "high genius" after writing such a grammar ridden post. Also doesn't help that you were apparently CEO of "Direct Lender", which I'm almost positive isn't a company but rather something a company/person does. Then there were many other details that just made no sense and further led me to believe the story was false.

I could maybe entertain the idea that it was a spiritual voice like one commenter mentioned, but even that is a bit out there for me and there are still things I would question about the story. Don't worry about me though, I like to look at everything with extreme skepticism (even the things I would like to believe). As you said you expected negative feedback so hopefully you won't take my opinions too harsh, as you have already concluded that this is naturally an unbelievable story to some (though that applies to a good number of stories on this site).

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ericds

I really don't believe the story, though in all honesty it would have been a lot more believable if you didn't claim to be a "high genius" after writing such a grammar ridden post. Also doesn't help that you were apparently CEO of "Direct Lender", which I'm almost positive isn't a company but rather something a company/person does. Then there were many other details that just made no sense and further led me to believe the story was false.

I could maybe entertain the idea that it was a spiritual voice like one commenter mentioned, but even that is a bit out there for me and there are still things I would question about the story. Don't worry about me though, I like to look at everything with extreme skepticism (even the things I would like to believe). As you said you expected negative feedback so hopefully you won't take my opinions too harsh, as you have already concluded that this is naturally an unbelievable story to some (though that applies to a good number of stories on this site).

I'm pretty sure I did NOT say I was a "HIGH GENIUS". And I was CEO of a Company called "DIRECT ACCESS FINANCIAL CORP. and we were a "Direct Lender"....meaning, we were NOT Brokers. And if you knew anything abnout the Lending / Mortgage Industry, it would make perfect sense to you. And, of course, you are entitled to your "opinion" however the story is ABSOLUTELY NOT FALSE. It was a REAL experience I had. And no, I am not concerned with your opinion. And yes, I do think it is a little harsh, however I did expect some skepticism. So no worries.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
OP . Here is something for you to think about .

You left your reality for a short spell and entered an altenative reality . How do you know for sure that you have returned to your original reality ?

I just thought I would leave you this to ponder over

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I just have to ask...Had you been drinking or anything? Just wondering. If not, that is a strange thing to happen. Puzzling indeed.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This is something called retrocognition. There are many forms of it, such as psychometry and many others, but I believe you were experiencing a form of retrocognition. It seems as if you were experiencing something in the past. You were seeing, feeling, and hearing something that used to exist. This happens to people all of the time, for example, seeing a playground in an empty field that used to be there years ago. Perhaps you have a gift.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
My brother in law just brought me up a cup of coffee, after reading through the op's thread, I just had to look and make sure I still had a full cup lol. Sorry for the off topic post

I've had a few minor incidents like and also unlike this. One time I was laying in bed, and I couldn't find my lighter anywhere...So I just got on with things. About a half hour after, I went to grab my keyboard from the bottom of where my bed was, and I spotted my lighter midway down my bed (where I spent about 10 mins trying to locate it and puzzling myself)...Anyway so I remember thinking i'll grab it after I fetch my keyboard, but when I sat up to get it, it was no longer visible to me and it was under the sheet of the bed
If that makes any sense to you all. As if someone had deliberately placed it under the sheet to confuse me...I'm still puzzled by that. Rollies go missing on me from time to time as well after I know I made them. It seems to be a theme with me.

What's funny is I used to have an uncle who smoked, who is now deceased; and when he used to babysit us, we used to play pranks on him. I would creep downstairs and go to the kitchen and get my sis to knock the door (and run back upstairs) and when he would go to answer it, I would sneak into the living room area and hide, to try and scare him, maybe he is getting his own back? lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join