It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Brown Dwarf Star Explains So Many Unanswered Questions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

there's no proof a planets swings into our inner solar system?
Sometimes proof isn't found, it's realized!

In the case of an unknown planet it is demonstrable that there is no missing mass in the part of the solar system where the known planets orbit. Therefore, no unknown planet can have an orbit that enters the orbits of the known planets.

There was NO proof the Sun was the center of our system back in the days. It was assumed due to critical thinking.
Same with our tenth planet. Nibiru. Or Nemesis. Or Tyche. Or whatever.

You're quite mistaken here. The geocentric universe was early on seen as a problematic system. There were many problems with the system and heliocentric systems had been proposed early on.

In 1610 Galileo made 3 important observations that made the case, quite clearly in fact, that the geocentric system was dead. It was known to be a bad idea for well over 1500 years. Galileo observe a comet, Venus had phases, and the Galilean moons showed that the Earth was not at the center of the universe.

Is there an undiscovered planet? There might be. But what do we know about it. The evidence is very clear that any undiscovered planet is going to be very far out from the sun and it will have an orbit that never enters the orbits of the known planets.

Nibiru is a fantasy of a crank that sold hoaxes to fools.
Nemesis was a prediction based on a perceived periodicity to extinction events.
Tyche is a prediction based on comets believed to originate from the Oort cloud.

There might be a brown dwarf, but the likelihood is rather small now. The possibility of a new planet is not that good either, but if it exists it must be really far, far away.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by stereologist

Stereo your posts are so repetative and therefore so predictable, how can someone be so dedicated to come on to every Nibiru/2012/doomsday related thread to so quickly and arrogantly deny all possibilities?
Have you ever had anything positive to add to a discussion? Most people dont bother going onto threads they dont believe or have no interest in, you are obviously a paid disinfo warrior.
So it begs the question, what government department pays your wage?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

There is this odd idea that brown dwarfs are somehow hard to see. Not true at all. A brown dwarf is a good reflector of light. Jupiter has a composition similar to a brown dwarf. Go outside and forget about the computer and check it out. It's a beautiful sight that can be seen with the naked eye. While you enjoy its brilliance remember that brown dwarfs reflect light just like Jupiter reflects light.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
You dont have to be a scientist to know that a gas is not going to reflect light anywhere near the amount reflected by a solid mass, Disinfologist!

Hello!!!
edit on 21-2-2011 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

It is truely sad that there are people who are so logical they can't see past the nose on their face.
We need logic don't get me wrong.
But, Logic will only get you so far.
As someone already mentioned, According to logic, at one time, The Earth was the center of the universe.
This was the best logic from the best scientific minds of the day.
It was also physically impossible for lighter than air flight.
Anybody using "Logic" could come to that conclusion.

None are so handicapped as those who use logic as a crutch.

I am very sorry for the effect these people have. They have truely been the ones holding us back for centuries.

These examples are really quite inaccurate. The geocentric system is still in use today. Look in your local newspaper and you can find sun rise and sun set. The sun does not rise and set. That is a fall back to the geocentric model. On the other hand to assume that the Earth is fixed and the sun moves is easy to understand and is useful. It is easier than the newspaper reporting the time at which the Earth's rotation exposes the sun.

It is funny when people point out that ancients were goofy because they used a geocentric model and also claim they were so smart and had knowledge lost today. It makes me smile. Anyways, the geocentric model was realized to have many problems. Retrograde motions of planets were known for thousands of years. A geocentric model could not explain these odd motions.

It was also physically impossible for lighter than air flight.

I think you have this confused. Was It heavier than air flight that was not possible? That makes no sense either. People saw birds fly. They saw bats fly.

Logic is not a crutch as you claim. You see you have these ideas a bit mixed up. Logic does not allow for some your claims.

Is the Earth at the center of the universe? Logic says no. On the other hand it is useful such as in posting sun rise and sun set. Do not confuse logic with utilitarian issues.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

This thread is about opinions. Not necessarily facts because this is all about unknown circumstances, conjecture and possible reasoning.

I take it your opinion is that it is okay to promote a well known fraud that was banned from ATS. Lucus knowingly and wantingly posted a large number of hoaxes here at ATS including:
1. Fireball events were increasing
2. A fireball destroyed a town center in Venezuela
3. A new planet was discovered in 1983
4. President Obama was in Norway when the spiral from the Russian launch was seen in that country

I can't recall all of the other hoaxes he perpetrated in his short stay here at ATS.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ruffagii

Your post is based on ignorance of how science works. That's okay. You can certainly learn the laws of science and understand how they work. Here are some examples of nitwit ideas that people fall for all of the time:

1. If you jump up and down in a falling elevator you have a chance of surviving because you might not be on the floor of the elevator when it crashes.
2. Don't wear a seat belt and you'll be thrown clear of an accident.

The laws of physics are not broken all of the time. In fact really interesting and complicated efforts are made all of the time to attempt to break laws such as the conservation of energy. So far they hold even though scientists continue to challenge these laws.

As far as "switching dimensions" goes, I personally think this is the wish of lazy people that think they will be miraculously made better or richer without lifting a stinking lazy finger. It's the wish of the dregs of the barrel.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

It appears you have successfully killed another thread Disinfologist!
Mission accomplished.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

You claim something is wrong with the sun and yet you list a lot of things that might not be attributable to the sun.

1. Magnetic poles of the Earth are due to events inside of the Earth.
2. Earthquakes are not affected by the sun.
3. Current weather is not more extreme although the sun drives the weather.
4. Animal die offs are not atypical.

All I see here is apophenia.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

To those who refuted everything in this thread I laugh at the irony in you claiming logic as your source of "knowledge" when it is ILLOGICAL to claim KNOWLEDGE on anything in the first place...especially things with as many variables as ice-ages and elliptical orbiting brown dwarf stars and most especially the bible and the history of earth.

Did you realize you are arguing from ignorance. There are very few variables associated with "elliptical orbiting brown dwarf stars". It's easy to show that this cannot be the case if the orbit enters the orbits of the known planets. It is well known that the bible contains a number of demonstrably false stories such as exodus and Noah's flood.

The problem with using "logic" is that it doesn't take into account "unknowns" or variables...it is DEAD SET on making a conclusion based on very limited information...which is asinine. This is why I have very little respect for science in comparison to philosophy.

Obviously you don't understand logic if you think it does not account for unknowns. It is asinine to think that logic makes conclusions on limited information. It seems that you are not a philosophy major either. My guess is you haven't a clue about anything you posted. That's okay. You have 60 or 70 years to learn what logic is all about.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

It is only after new information comes to light that the pushers of logic/science realize that they had been using faulty logic.

Another common fallacy rears its ugly head. Any proper scientific work describes its limitations. You probably don't read scientific publications or you'd understand that. It's okay. Many people don't realize that.

Logic is logic. The rules are well worked out. They are independent of the nature of the material to which logic is applied. For example, woolly mammoths were found flash frozen showing brown dwarfs did it. Anyone with a vestigial brain can see that this is a stupid piece on logic. The antecedent and succedent are unrelated.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Really? I simply don't believe you. Show me that to be true. Please be sure to include conditions of the ambient conditions at cloud tops on Jupiter.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Lucus on C2C last night. Interesting, scary and informative

"Doomsday & Brown Dwarf Star Nibiru"

(why are my Nibiru threads being removed? Hmmmm)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Can you tell us the highlights of what you found to be informative? I really don't want to waste time watching a video when I can read the same information in a few seconds.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

As stereologist has requested, could you provide a brief summary of the video? Although, since Lucus is involved I expect it to be fearmongering to the highest degree based on faulty logic. Also, the reason your last topic was deleted is because it was an exact copy of a topic that had already been closed. That goes against the rules of this site. Stop trying to turn everything into a conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

IF PLANET X IS NOT A PLANET, THEN WHAT IS IT? -

My best guess is Nibiru is giant spaceship aka dead star as invisible to the naked eyes until the "time" is UP!

As below images stated:

Notice the great eagle and the man sharing the" sign" aka Zeus, greek god aka Lucifer Angel the fallen one

anywaz S n F for the OP.
Good workssss! keep it going............

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
MAY BE this is Nibiru giant spaceship aka Dead star "ALIKE"....

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by leeangqi

Why do you think any of this shows a spaceship? Nothing here shows what looks like a spaceship.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Is it fun to ignore someone who actually stuck up for you and asked you valid questions I think its so rude that you have not answered me yet. I would still like my answers please .?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungMind92

Is it fun to ignore someone who actually stuck up for you and asked you valid questions I think its so rude that you have not answered me yet. I would still like my answers please .?

Sorry. I am not ignoring you. Rather I am having internal issues with other threads I have/had started about Nibiru which have been closed and/or removed!

So until this gets squared away and settled, I am apprehensive to discuss this any further!

edit on 23-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join