It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Brown Dwarf Star Explains So Many Unanswered Questions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
First of all, there is very little chance that a brown dwarf exists that comes into the inner solar system to wreak havoc on the earth or that sends comets our way every 3600 years. In fact, within that timeframe, it's a physical impossibility.

In the rabbit hole video wasnt the 24000 cycle linked to the sun/brown dwarf cycle??? This would make a lot more sense in terms of timeframe??

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
... (CLPrime has his PhD in dead end logic) ...

Actually, I'm working towards a PhD in Physics, but anyway... my logic wouldn't have been dead-end if I hadn't been dealing with so many questions, If you can wait 'til next month sometime, I can answer each question in a very satisfactory, clear, and logical manner.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spolvil

First of all, there is very little chance that a brown dwarf exists that comes into the inner solar system to wreak havoc on the earth or that sends comets our way every 3600 years. In fact, within that timeframe, it's a physical impossibility.

In the rabbit hole video wasnt the 24000 cycle linked to the sun/brown dwarf cycle??? This would make a lot more sense in terms of timeframe??

No, it's still physically impossible. Let's see how far away a brown dwarf with an orbital period of 24,000 years would have to be.
Here it goes yet again...

T = 2*pi*sqrt(a^3/GM)

where T = orbital period (s)
a = semi-major axis (m)
G = gravitational constant (6.67428 x 10^-11 m^3 kg^-1 s^-2)
M = mass of the sun (1.9891 x 10^30 kg)

Given T = 24,000 years = 757,395,538,330 seconds, and solving for "a" (the distance from the sun, for a roughly circular orbit) gives 124,484,590,768,936 metres = 832 AU.
Now, granted, a brown dwarf that enters the inner solar system needs a *highly* elliptical orbit, but this doesn't affect the semi-major axis. So, how could we not know of a brown dwarf at an average distance of 832 AU?
And it's worse for an orbital period of 3600 years.

Like I said, it's not physically possible.

edit on 17-2-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Dude even Aristotle agreed that Physics is subservient to Math. And last time I checked 1 + 1 = 2.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

This guy is a god at debunking anything on any thread! Pure genius or just has too much spare time to google it

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by daveyboy1991

It is truely sad that there are people who are so logical they can't see past the nose on their face.
We need logic don't get me wrong.
But, Logic will only get you so far.
As someone already mentioned, According to logic, at one time, The Earth was the center of the universe.
This was the best logic from the best scientific minds of the day.
It was also physically impossible for lighter than air flight.
Anybody using "Logic" could come to that conclusion.

None are so handicapped as those who use logic as a crutch.

I am very sorry for the effect these people have. They have truely been the ones holding us back for centuries.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

WHY ARE GOVERNMENTS AND ELITES BUILDING UNDERGROUND BUNKERS?

Is there proof of this? And, if there is, is there proof that this is because a brown dwarf is about to threaten mankind's existence?

See this link about the huge one the Russian's are building to be self sufficient.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by daveyboy1991

It is truely sad that there are people who are so logical they can't see past the nose on their face.
We need logic don't get me wrong.
But, Logic will only get you so far.
As someone already mentioned, According to logic, at one time, The Earth was the center of the universe.
This was the best logic from the best scientific minds of the day.
It was also physically impossible for lighter than air flight.
Anybody using "Logic" could come to that conclusion.

None are so handicapped as those who use logic as a crutch.

I am very sorry for the effect these people have. They have truely been the ones holding us back for centuries.

Logic isn't the problem...a lack of logic is. It wasn't logic that said that the earth was at the centre of the universe. Rather, it was a conclusion based on the Roman Catholic interpretation of the Bible, which, it turns out, was illogical. Progress is made by people who think logically, because what's logical has a greater chance of being true. Following logic, then, has a greater chance of leading to the truth. To deny this is to suggest that the universe we live in is illogical, and how can that be?

As for me, I tend to put logic second to established physical laws, like that of orbital mechanics, which makes the existence of anything Nibiru-related a physical impossibility. And, you may say, if I put logic second to these laws, then that leaves open the possibility that those laws will lead to an illogical conclusion. However, it seems obvious to me that we live in a logical universe, and, that being the case, no physical law will ever be illogical...unexpected perhaps, but never illogical, once we truly understand it.

What denying logic's place in our reasoning does is it opens the doors to some of the strangest things to ever come from the minds of men. Take, for instance, the Hollow Earth. This is both physically/geologically impossible and logically absurd, but there are people who believe it because they would rather live in a fantasy world of their own making than accept the natural, logical wonders of our immense universe.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

reply to post by InfaRedMan

Nice to see the kids are out of school today.
Pwned, really?
I'm guessing you're 12?
Tell ya what Jr.,
Why don't you run along and let the grown ups talk K?
Maybe a game of World of Warcraft will settle your ass down.

LOL

If you had been a member of this site for more than the 10 minutes or so that you have been, you would know that InfaRedMan is a respected member of this website and is absolutely NOTHING like what you have described.

But keep up the good work eh, getting the long-term respected members of this website offside

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Pwned, really?
I'm guessing you're 12?
Tell ya what Jr.,

LOL

If you had been a member of this site for more than the 10 minutes or so that you have been, you would know that InfaRedMan is a respected member of this website and is absolutely NOTHING like what you have described.

But keep up the good work eh, getting the long-term respected members of this website offside

The bar isn't set too terribly high here as far as decorum so we're left to respect those who earn it. Not because of time-earned.
So I highly doubt, two professionals debating a topic would use the word (or is it a grunt?) PNWED and be taken seriously.
What is that and what does it even mean and furthermore, was it necessary?

This thread is about opinions. Not necessarily facts because this is all about unknown circumstances, conjecture and possible reasoning.

No one is right or wrong. It's all opinions.
If you open Lucus' page, all those 'unanswered questions' go onto more links where he further explains his OPINION.

rabbithole2.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
So I highly doubt, two professionals debating a topic would use the word (or is it a grunt?) PNWED and be taken seriously.
What is that and what does it even mean and furthermore, was it necessary?

"Pwned" is "owned" intentionally misspelled with a "p". I don't know if I would call it unnecessary in this instance...it was just a rather excited colloquial expression to show that InfaRedMan agreed with the way I refuted the questions.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
CLPrime you are wrong, we should never follow logic 100%, we need to curve away from logic as far as possible to reach the unanswered questions. Especially when it comes to mystery as universe and time space dimensions, we need to throw away logic. Physics is only good here on Earth or our solar system, and yet you ask proof for the claims and offer no disproof of the listed events being caused by Brown Dwarf. Laws of physics and other BS laws that crazy scientists put in is what keeps us back from discovering and following wild theories, who knows maybe we would be switching dimensions by now if there was no such thing as "laws of physics" and how many of those laws being broken by natural and unnatural causes everyday

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I've seen IRM make too many intelligent, polite and respectful posts to say that his use of the word Pwned here is anything other than a light-hearted quip that the other poster took far too seriously.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Pwned, really?
I'm guessing you're 12?
Tell ya what Jr.,

LOL

Last time I checked, A Dbag is still a Dbag. There is no need to put down someones thread or to be so childish when doing it.I wasn't aware of the T&C rule that stated members who have gained enough seniority have the right to be unquestioned Dbags. When you show your true colors, expect to be called out for what you are. Take the seniority trip and .....well.....you know what to do with it now don't you?

I have been a member of this site for alot longer than that ________ and that still doesn't give me the right to put down someones ideas. If I do, I would expect to be called out on it.

Now, back on topic.

to CLprime

For centuries the best scientists in the world said that lighter than air flight was impossible. It defied "Logic".
"Logic" was being used, or so they thought, but it was faulty logic. Surely you have heard of faulty logic.....haven't you?
If faulty logic exists, then what makes you so sure that you have not become victim to using it?
I know.
Because you are sure!!!!
Well, so were they!
and...................THEY WERE WRONG!
You may be wrong also.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ruffagii
CLPrime you are wrong, we should never follow logic 100%, we need to curve away from logic as far as possible to reach the unanswered questions. Especially when it comes to mystery as universe and time space dimensions, we need to throw away logic. Physics is only good here on Earth or our solar system, and yet you ask proof for the claims and offer no disproof of the listed events being caused by Brown Dwarf. Laws of physics and other BS laws that crazy scientists put in is what keeps us back from discovering and following wild theories, who knows maybe we would be switching dimensions by now if there was no such thing as "laws of physics" and how many of those laws being broken by natural and unnatural causes everyday

The burden of proof is not with me, it's with the person posing the questions for the purpose of "leading" to their theory. They need to show why these all point to the existence of a brown dwarf that established physics says is an impossibility.
The burden of proof is with the person suggesting the positive, not the negative.

But, okay, here's what happens when we throw away logic:

Considering the motion of the stars that one member claims to have seen a few nights ago, let's assume that the entire sky is a hologram projected by three (why three? I don't know...I just like the number 3, and, as long as logic is out the window, it shouldn't matter why) distinct species of extraterrestrials. The base from which these aliens operate is the moon, which is, in fact, a hollow sphere disguised as a chunk of rock in which these aliens hide the bases, ship docks, and provisions for a future invasion of our planet.
Now, why are they going to invade our planet? Because the antagonistic Chinese government is developing space technology at a rate that threatens the survival of these species. A couple hundred years ago, when the aliens first became aware that China was a threat, they established the American government in an attempt to bring down the East, but the American government is now failing and the aliens are once again feeling threatened. To eliminate the threat, they now have to invade and destroy the Chinese government.
However, in the numbers that they now have stationed at the moon, it would be impossible for them to take down the Chinese government. This is why they are steering their larger primary space base, Nibiru, in from the outer fringes of the solar system to bring in backup.
Once Nibiru gets here, the aliens will combine their forces and take down China.
Also, the American government knows this is happening (since, if you'll recall, they are a product of the alien plan to bring down China), and that's why they are now going into hiding and taking their foreign friends (Mubarak et al) with them.
To distract from this, they're feeding us false flag disasters, like volcanoes and the New Madrid earthquake. But, the real threat remains...once Nibiru gets here, we're all doomed.

Goodbye logic. Welcome to insanity.
Or, I should say, welcome to the future.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Well, if you believe he was being a douchebag then shouldn't you be the one who displays decorum and either ignore it or respond in a way that doesn't involve more insults and calling him a child? Hmmm?

I'm detecting the foul smell of hypocrisy in the air!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Human_Alien

I've seen IRM make too many intelligent, polite and respectful posts to say that his use of the word Pwned here is anything other than a light-hearted quip that the other poster took far too seriously.

Fair enough! Don't know him well enough to have any type of opinion on him.

I just know, I didn't even know what it meant (but I surmised, it wasn't flattering though
)

Carry on.....................

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

to CLprime

For centuries the best scientists in the world said that lighter than air flight was impossible. It defied "Logic".
"Logic" was being used, or so they thought, but it was faulty logic. Surely you have heard of faulty logic.....haven't you?
If faulty logic exists, then what makes you so sure that you have not become victim to using it?
I know.
Because you are sure!!!!
Well, so were they!
and...................THEY WERE WRONG!
You may be wrong also.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

I will freely admit that I may be wrong. I'm not afraid to be wrong. I do, however, have an aversion to conclusions based on faulty logic, not because they defy logic, but because that's what such theories rely on. Without faulty logic, they have nothing. And this goes for science as well as for conspiracy theories. For instance, I have an equal aversion to the belief held by many Quantum Physicists (ironically, QM is my focus within my study of Physics) that more than 4 dimensions exist. This, too, is a theory based solely on a lack of a better alternative, which is no basis at all.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Look dude, your boyfriend was being a Dbag and he got called out for it.
Stop running to his aid and trying to fight his fights.
He's a big boy, I'm sure he's capeable. Afterall, he IS a long time member.
You are now at risk of being a Dbag yourself.
So, come back at me with your clever one liner and then let's be done de-railing this thread.
I'll let you have the last word.
GO!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Thankyou for proving my point

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join