It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two TSA Agents Busted At JFK Airport For Stealing $160,000 From Checked Bags

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Two TSA Agents Busted At JFK Airport For Stealing $160,000 From Checked Bags

www.nypost.com

Port Authority police busted two Transportation Safety Administration employees for allegedly stealing tens of thousands of dollars from checked baggage at John F. Kennedy Airport
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
[url=http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/TSA-Workers-Busted-for-Stealing-Nearly-40K-From-Checked-Baggage-116326209.html]www.nbcnewyork.com[/ur l]

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well its not bad enough that people are groped, violated, and harrassed.
Now it seems that some TSA Agents are helping themselves to peoples money!

Prosecutors said Coumar allegedly X-rayed a piece of baggage on Jan. 30 and noticed money inside. He is then accused of phoning Webb, who was in a baggage belt area, to tell him about the discovery.

Have you ever had your baggage marked with tape?

The two were

were arrested after admitting they had regularly stolen from checked bags

Regularly stolen?!

Humm well keep an eye out, as how many times has this happened and no one reported it until it was too late?

Authorities said Webb showed up and marked the bag with tape.

Coumar is then accused of intercepting it in another handling area, and removing cash from the bag. The pair later met in the bathroom to divide the money and hide it in their clothing.

Read more:

www.nypost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-2-2011 by burntheships because: format

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
was it a sting operations?

if it was not, then that much currency coming through in a checked bag should raise the eyebrows of folks at IRS, DEA and customs.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

The actual bust amount for this one was 34,000 -

But the two have stolen an estimate of 160,000 together.

They are the crime ring - regularly stealing from other people - they admit to it.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

if it was not, then that much currency coming through in a checked bag should raise the eyebrows of folks at IRS, DEA and customs.

actually reading the story might help with your perception

Davon Webb, 30, and Couman Perad, who turned 36 today, were arrested after admitting they had regularly stolen from checked bags, sources said.

hint: this was an ongoing adventure for these two. nothing indicates the above amount was removed at one time ... hence, not being noticed by authorities you listed.

however, if 2 were caught ... one can only guess how many are still getting away with it.
No chance i'll voluntarily fly again, ever ... unless of course i'm skydiving but that doesn't involve TSA, yet.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Ah the TSA. Or, the "thug security agency" is at it again I see. Thanks for bringing this here and putting it out in a public forum. I flew to DC from Myrtle Beach SC for a get together of my old collegues recently and the TSA attempted to take my laptop!! I complained because I had just purchased it a wekk prior and to top it off, its an IBM. So they wasn"t about to get that. Finally one of the local county cops got me through with no problems after speaking to one of the TSA supervisors. But I pointed out that there is no requirement that forbids a laptop posted anywhere and I never saw on the TSA site where they are forbidden. I firmly believe these folks are just collecting loot they get from the typical citizen who is too scared to voice up.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

money shows up on X-RAY??

is that what the strip is for?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

what about checks/moneyorders????

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

i think you are missing my point...

if you bring in more than $10,000 US into the United States in the form of currency or other monetary instruments, it must be declared on several customs forms (#4790) and FinCin form #105.

This report is required by 31 U.S.C. 5316 and Treasury Department regulations (31 CFR 103). (1) Each person who physically transports, mails, or ships, or causes to be physically transported, mailed, or shipped currency or other monetary instruments in an aggregate amount exceeding $10,000 at one time from the United States to any place outside the United States or into the United States from any place outside the United States, and (2) Each person who receives in the United States currency or other monetary instruments In an aggregate amount exceeding $10,000 at one time which have been transported, mailed, or shipped to the person from any place outside the United States. A TRANSFER OF FUNDS THROUGH NORMAL BANKING PROCEDURES, WHICH DOES NOT INVOLVE THE PHYSICAL TRANSPORTATION OF CURRENCY OR MONETARY INSTRUMENTS, IS NOT REQUIRED TO BE REPORTED.

If someone is transporting that much cash into the US, they should have cleared it with Customs. It is HIGHLY irregular to stuff that much cash into a checked suitcase.

What it means is that there are two interesting stories here...

1) What were the "victims" doing transporting that much cash? and 2) What was going on with the TSA agents that stole it?

thus, the point of my post.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Humint1

Treason Support Agency, Traitor Syndicate Association, Totally Stupid Anusbags, The Sh-tface Asembly..

any other TSA meanings? I think each would accurately fit.. Welfare to TSA program.. not to be racist but there are alot of pookies with badges there, not the greatest idea.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm suprised they didn't say they did it for "national security" reasons.

We all know by now that only "terrorists" carry that sort of money.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

I see your angle there, thanks for sharing that...

Its not mentioned in this article, however it may be that the agents were actually
preying on those who dont declare the money, hoping that they would be afraid to
report the theft for the very reasons you mention.

edit on 16-2-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

So just imagine if a terrorist bribed them with 1million us dollars.
We will never be safe,never

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

Using money? Why should that be suspicious?

The only thing suspicious about that money, is that it was not made from gold or silver coin.

You wouldn't know freedom if it walked up and shined your, erm, shoes without a permit.

edit on 16-2-2011 by Chakotay because: True sentience will always foment rebellion.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

uck, I am not surprised.

A couple of summers ago my children flew to visit their grandparents. On my keychain I had one of those little led lights.

On the day I was dropping one child off, and then a couple hours later picking the other one up, one of the TSA agents took my light and with a grin played with it a moment then put it in his pocket saying "I have to confiscate that". I said "what gives you the right?" he said "are you trying to cause a problem?" Because I was trying to get to the right area to pick up my child, I said "no". He told me "you are free to go then".

I am not surprised that they would take more important items and more expensive items when I have had a TSA agent take something from me just because he knew he could, and he knew he would get away with it.

The TSA has been given enough power that they feel they can take things from us, and guess what? They can. When they are willing to take a little led flashlight on a woman's keychain, what else would they be willing to take?

If I had complained I knew that I would not get to my child in time, and that their was NO telling what all I would be put through under the guise of "causing problems".

We will never fly again if we have any say about it.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Terror Spreading A*******....

The only Terrorists in our country have government paychecks...

top topics

join