It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams of the New Madrid Fault?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have been fighting with myself for the past few weeks on whether to post this or not since I have never posted anything in this forum. I dont hold much credence to predictions and we all know the numerous predictions that have failed on this site. So, this is in NO WAY any kind of prediction. I just need help with these dreams I've been having.

First off, I mow Ky State Highways from April to October each year with a tractor and bush-hog. For the past couple of months I have been having these dreams and all of them take place while I am on the tractor mowing the Right-Of-Ways for the state. At first, they all started off with me working and something serious happens in each dream, something catastrophic. But each time, I was so scared that I would wake up before I had any idea what it was that had happened, until last week.

Last week I was on the tractor in my dream and was on the side of this really steep hill. The earth started shaking violently and caused the tractor to flip over on its top, pinning me beneath it, which then I woke up again, without knowing anything farther about the circumstances.

In all of these dreams, two things were always there. I was on the tractor and something was going on that made me have a severe sense of dread. In each dream, I knew that I had to get to safety or I would die.

Like I said, I struggled with posting this until the dream I had a couple of days ago. A couple of us were standing on the side of the highway by our tractors talking when the ground started shaking and as we looked down the road south of us, this brown soupy mud like substance started flowing out onto the road towards us. We turned and looked north, behind us, and there was the same molasses like mud flowing out onto the road behind us. We were trapped by whatever it was. I woke up before it got to us.

Then today, I found Robin Marks' thread titled Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

After reading Robins thread, and since I am in the "quake zone" I thought I would finally post this and get your thoughts on it. I am 50 years young and I have never had reoccurring dreams like this in my life. These dreams have been every night for two months or more. I never believed that dreams were anything other than just that, dreams. But now I am questioning everything I have believed.

I appreciate all your thoughts and insight into helping me decide if these are just dreams and nothing more, or is there something more to it.....

edit on 16-2-2011 by kennylee because: to add a question mark to the title

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Personally I have always felt the need or heed the warnings given to me in dreams. We have or will all be scared in this bizarre time we seem to be living in. The next time you have this dream, or one similar, try to pay attention to one detail you want to know more about. Like for instance you said you were on a tractor talking, what were you talking about? This answer could be very meaningful. Say you were talking about harvesting crops. It could be that your dreams were giving you a rough idea of when this could happen, etc. you get the idea, Really interested in what others have to say....

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I don't usually post dreams either...but since you started here is mine from about 5 days ago..

(btw, I live in the NMadrid EQzone too.)

I had a dream I was at my parents house..they live on 21 acres of land, most of which is to the back of the house. The back of their home has huge windows that solar heat in the winter..I was in the back of the house when I hear what sounds to be hail hitting the house. I look out the windows and then step out on the back deck to see a gigantic dark cloud low to the ground and coming our way. It's not a tornado but the earth actually coming up in waves..the sound I hear is rocks and dust hitting the house and people running across the field..I run in the house and clearly remember yelling at my husband to get down..the house began to shake and I realize it's too late to run..that we are going to be dead in a matter of seconds..I then wake up in a panic.

I don't know what this is all about but as I read more and more posts about the NMEQZ i get more worried..

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hope4better

Like I said, these dreams have been occurring nightly and I have tried to remember what we were talking about when the river of mud started coming at us from each side, but I just cant remember. My feeling as to what time of year all these dreams take place is either springtime or the end of summer, since I remember that the weather was pleasant and not hot like it is in the summertime around here. My next dream I will try and do what you suggested. Thanks for your reply.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Now that you mention it, in the dream where I was on the tractor and it flipped, I remember the ground rolling like a wave also. That is how I knew it was an earthquake as I was flipping over.

Thanks for bringing this back to my memory.

Also, I didn't mention that in the first few dreams when they started, it seemed like there were a lot of fires here and there. In one dream, a co-worker wanted to go into a burning building and get a couple of people out that were trapped on the top floor which was the third story. I begged him not to go inside because I knew Id never see him again. The people made it out but he didn't.

In all the dreams there is a severe urgency to get away to safety. To where I have no clue, because if it was the New Madrid going off, then there would be no place safe to run.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Mine too was in either the spring or early summer..the trees were full of leaves and the grass was lush. It was warm and windy in my dream but not hot or humid..I remember I had on a pink tshirt and a skirt. My dream was so vivid it was like I was watching a movie..I remember every detail.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
In Robins thread (link in op) he talks about liquidation where the soft ground will liquefy. Could this possibly be the mud like molasses substance that I saw? This stuff appeared out of nowhere and was even flowing uphill towards us in my dream. Is that even possible?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
www.greatdreams.com...

good link to several maps regarding the earth changes if your home is underwater i would move, but that is just me. no fear mongering here, i am just saying. i know depending on what map you look at I am very close to a water line, I have "go" bag always ready, just in case. Not trying to scare or whatever. At one point i was considering moving to southern IL for work, but just too much going on.... I would love to talk more...

good luck

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hope4better

Thanks for the link. There is a lot of good information there. I wish that some of ATS's dream predictors would come on here and tell me about all these dreams I've been having...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I haven't read all of the posts. I had to stop and reply after I opening. I have suffered with bad dreams all my life. I can remember my first nightmares from when I was two. During highschool I explored every possible meaning. Finally I decided I was not going to try and remember my dreams. When I awake now I pull myself out of my sleep and start thinking about the first thing, other than any remnants from the dream, and focus on that. I have some bad ones last week that were especially harsh. They were due to stress and I knew there exact origin. It's our subconscious. In our sleep we are trying to sort out our problems while we sleep. I obviously hit a nerve and you were already thinking about the things that I've been writing about.

There is a conflict. On one hand you hear about television programs like Mega Disasters and hear about historical records about the events. So you know it's true and there is an obvious danger ever. Yet, we sleepwalk our way through our days and ignore all the dangers. You have a dangerous job. But you clearly understand those dangers and this only stress you mildly. But when it comes to the earthquakes, all you're hearing is denial. The truth isn't obvious. People are going about their daily lives without even think about the threat of an earthquake. Governments are in denial because they won't retrofit buildings. You're being told to relax and told not to worry about it. Like Yellowstone. Many of the visitors are oblivious to the fact they're walking on a volcano.

You are keenly aware of the possibility of an earthquake and you realize the threat. You are wondering why everyone is acting as if nothing will happen. They want you to talk about the weather and not about what's moving under the ground. The conflict in message is being played out in your mind while you sleep because you are still looking to resolve the mixed signals.

You've already taken a step to working out the problem and you are looking for a way to deal with the stress. Expression is the best thing. Speak out. Prepare. Settle up with yourself and when you've done enough you will start to relax and sleep better. Sleep is very important. Remember anything can happen anywhere to anyone.
You need to feel in control.

I'd tell you to stop reading what I write. But I need all the support I can get.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
man... the number of dreams about this is starting to worry me. people coming foward who don't even have dreams very often have similar dreams of the quake zone? this is so worrysome.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Now, I don't want to fear monger but this is what I'm getting from your post.

This may or may not be a prophetic dream, but I believe it may be, and I do know they exist from personal experience. The other poster having a similar dream and living in the same area lends credence to the idea, perhaps we'll have more people join in with more dreams.

Your subconscious is trying to tell you something, and you keep shrugging it off, more or less, I think this is why the dreams are becoming more and more blatant since you aren't acting on the information in them.

Your subconscious is talking to you, LISTEN! It's basically shouting at you with all these dreams, it won't stop for a reason.

If I was you, I would seriously consider moving. Or prepare to meet my maker if I was into that.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee

edit on 16-2-2011 by kennylee because: to add a question mark to the title

My posts here revolve mostly around the subject of the Fatima prophecies and events. My "obsession" with the subject began 17 years ago. I state this only to reveal that for the sake of the possible divine messenge and duty to God, I am morally bound at the risk of God's wrath/punishment to not even dare think about let alone tell grandiose lies about signs that would destroy my credibility when it comes to writing about Fatima.
In this case, my credibility would be destroyed in a single day latter this year.

The situation I am faced with is that yes a definite sign occurred to my sorry arse. What I know about this sign is that if the spiritual world exists it cannot be a coincidence. I also know without a doubt what this extremely meaningful sign would mean for the United States if it came from God and the sign was intended to be informative. A very unpleasant day that will have unpleasant long term consequences.

What I DON'T know is if this "sign" comes from God in order for people to take notice of the information I reveal about Fatima, OR if I was pushed into the sign by Satanic forces or God in order to COMPLETELY DESCREDIT my Fatima writings...OR if divine forces want people to NOT take my writings seriously(a temporary descreditting) until the Fatima events transpire.

That probably sounds crazy, but oh well I don't care how it sounds.

As of now I am not willing to push the sign in the public eye of the internet where It could cause impressionable people to do irresponsible things only for the sign to show it's a failed prophecy that undermines my credibility completely.

However, to KennyLee, since you have had so many(how many?) dreams that if you truly believe your dreams, and a 1 or 2 day notice matters to you, I can privately inform you a day or two in advance, of the single day (quarter 2 / 2011) it would happen if the sign I received was indeed from God and intended to support my cause -- but the sign could have just as easily been to make a fool out of me : ( - the sign itself occured in November 2010.

Regardless with what happens: once the sign probably fails, afterwards, I will, compelled in the name of truth, provide disclaimers about the false sign that occurred to me whenever I write about those other Fatima prophecies whichever forums I post to. My appetite for writting such information would probably lessen severly after such things anyway.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Phantomfire707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Robin,
Thanks for your very in depth reply. First off, I will never stop reading your posts, because like you, I am always searching for the truth, and besides, these dreams started happening before your fracking theory in your robinesque ruminations thread. Of course I have been keeping up with the Yellowstone thread for three years now, but never had any dreams about it.

I have been fighting within myself, within my sub-conscience, about the New Madrid Fault. Mostly about when it might happen. I have come to the realization that Yes, it will happen, especially after all these dreams. These dreams really are beginning to seem like some kind of a warning to me.

You told me to prepare and I have been preparing, but it all depends on where I am at the time it happens, to how much being prepared will matter. I really believe now that I will be mowing the highways when it happens. Of course I think that because of all the numerous dreams over the past two months.

And yes, my job can be very dangerous at times. In the past five years, we have had one guy killed from an idiot that was in too much of a hurry, and we have had one guy crippled from a cement truck hitting him. Believe it or not, that is one thing that makes the job interesting. I have always been one that liked living on the edge, the adventurous type, and at times while working, I am definitely on the edge sometimes.

At first these I took these dreams as a warning that I need to be extra careful this year on the job, until the dream of the earthquake hitting and flipping the tractor over on me. Then came the river of thick mud flowing out into the road in the next dream. These two dreams made me realize that the previous dreams were also about the after effects of an earthquakes, since the previous dreams had to do with buildings on fire everywhere.

I have come to terms with myself that I will never know when the New Madrid will open up, but now it won't come as a surprise when it does since I am expecting it. There is nothing I can do about it. All I can do is keep a very close eye on your threads and hope that there is some kind of warning sign that comes along that you might catch, even if it is just a small time frame of a warning.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Your subconscious is trying to tell you something, and you keep shrugging it off, more or less, I think this is why the dreams are becoming more and more blatant since you aren't acting on the information in them.

Your subconscious is talking to you, LISTEN! It's basically shouting at you with all these dreams, it won't stop for a reason.

You are correct. I have been shrugging it off because like I said, I've never really been a believer in dreams and them meaning anything much. But since starting this thread, I am now starting to think that maybe my subconscience is trying to tell me something. In the OP I said that I have never had reoccurring dreams like these and thats what makes these dreams so troubling. They keep happening night after night, no matter what I do to try and stop them, like clearing my mind before going to sleep, or thinking about good thoughts while I am dozing off.

My dream last night was a little different from the rest, but it still had to do with the same subject line. We had to quit working early because we were warned that an impending earthquake was about to happen. ( I know that doesn't make sense because you don't get an advanced warning) Anyway, I got back to my truck and there were hundreds of people out on the streets. I went around trying to warn people what was about to happen but they wouldn't listen to me. Some laughed and some called me crazy of course. I finally gave up and started out of the parking lot when the earth started moving and scooting all the parked cars around, trapping me in the parking lot. I couldn't get out of harms way. Thats how the dream ended.

Thanks for your reply. I am listening now, but I have no clue on how to react or what to do with what I am hearing.......

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Thank you very much for sharing that, that was interesting.

Do you have any guesses/feelings from this dream where a Secure Location/Locations may be at?

Do you remember any other sounds, smells, temperature changes, colors, sky changes, etc?

Any guesses on the season, time of day, day of the week, etc?

Do you feel there is hope in any of those dreams?

And any other details you can think of, even the smallest.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDreamerCalledJohn

Thank you very much for sharing that, that was interesting.

Do you have any guesses/feelings from this dream where a Secure Location/Locations may be at?

Do you remember any other sounds, smells, temperature changes, colors, sky changes, etc?

Any guesses on the season, time of day, day of the week, etc?

Do you feel there is hope in any of those dreams?

And any other details you can think of, even the smallest.

I would guess the months to be either April or May, or maybe September, October, but I really dont feel it is September October because in all my dreams, the time of year was warm but not hot and everything was really green, which leads me to believe that it is April, May, or even possibly June.

I'm not sure about the day of the week, although we only work Monday through Friday. The time of day I feel is in the afternoon, since in a lot of the dreams I remember the sun being pretty high in the sky, anytime around noon or thereafter.

In the dream where the river of mud had us trapped, I remember that something startled us to make us aware of that something was happening. I dont remember if it was a sound or what it was. And no, there wasn't any temperature change that I can recall. The sky did seem to get brighter but that may have been because the sun was high in the sky.

The thing that was so disturbing about all of these dreams were the fact that there was no safe place to be or to go. And there was no hope at all in any of these dreams. We were doomed, no way out.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Thank you for answering my questions, every little detail helps.

I am curious about finding the Secure Location/Locations also, though there did not seem to be any in your case, but maybe there is hope.

I did have a dream/dream with in a dream, the other night I posted here that was the closest thing I can think of being a Secure Location in one of my dreams so far, but it did not seem to be a place that I know exists.

Oh well, it was a nice place, I would like to return there again if I can ever remember to try to find it in a lucid dream one day.

Anyway, please share any other dreams that you feel like sharing and details, I think the more people share; maybe the more of the puzzle we may learn.

I am not saying that many of our dreams are about possible future events or not, but I am curious, and I think that they are worth investigating and/or at least sharing because they are interesting.

edit on 17-2-2011 by TheDreamerCalledJohn because: Typo

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantomfire707
the single day (quarter 2 / 2011) it would happen if the sign I received was indeed from God and intended to support my cause -- but the sign could have just as easily been to make a fool out of me

Fourth week of April this year.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I keep seeing the date 11/26
see it in a dream and in that dream I was looking out over a field
and things started shaking of which was non stop, then I woke up,.
ther is more to it prior to seeing the date, but I am still stying to understand it,.
I see a very large firetruck and many fourwheel drive trucks,.

anyway,. that date I am assuming is this year as I dont remember the year..
edit on 17-2-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join