It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uploading Pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ok,my brain is going to explode.
I just took some pics of something ,trying to figure out this high end camera,trying to upload and I get a white screen.
How do I upload from a device I just recorded on?
Thank you.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I captured something orbiting the moon,but it's not that clear,it's my wife's high end camera and I will get her to instruct me on how to use it,

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Are you trying to upload it directly to ATS from the camera VIA your computer? from the camera to computer, or from the computer to ATS? Just trying to keep it simple. Oh and the camera model could be useful. By the time I post this, you may have this issue solved...good luck and enjoy

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Most likely the photo's were taken with the file type .raw. This format is hard to upload and requires conversion to JPEG most of the time. That is assuming that this "high end" camera is an SLR (one that can change lenses). I am an expert in these camera's so if you reply with the model I can instruct you accordingly.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It's a canon eos rebel xsi at 3.3 mb jpg
Downloaded it to desktop and trying to uploaded it,maybe to big a file
not to good at doing this
edit on 15-2-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I was taking a picture of the moon with this interesting halo when I looked at the pics,there was this blue orb next to it.I look at it with binocolurs and saw nothing.Strange so I want to share this photo and I need to learn how to use this camera

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If the size of the image is too large, it will still display on ATS but it will be truncated and have scroll bars - no biggie, but I prefer to resize images to a small amount with a link to the high res image if needed.

Save the jpeg image to your desktop.

Go to media.abovetopsecret.com... and login using your credentials you use to log into the forums.

There, you will see a list up the top saying "Personal Upload · My Home · View Profile · Edit Profile Information · My Account " - Click on Personal Upload.

There you will be presented with a screen to Name, describe, and Browse to your image - should be easy to follow.

Click Add Photo.

Then when the image is uploaded, click on the image and it will appear in the page, I then prefer to right click on that and "Show Image" to get the direct link - there may be another way, but Im laze..

The image should now show in a screen of it's own - copy the URL in the address bar, and in your post, click the "IMAGE" button above your post.

Insert the URL you copied into the text field and then when you submit the image will appear.

That's how I do it, using firefox..

edit on 15/2/2011 by badw0lf because: button names edit

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the help.Still trying to up load,will try again tomorrow,going to bed damn it.
someone take a picture of the moon and see if they get the same thing cause it's awesome.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Badw0lf has it right, the XSI can shoot raw and JPEG so it's good it was taken in JPEG. Just an fyi, blue orbs are fairly common when photographing the moon at night if the aperture or focus is set wrong, which if you used auto to take the sky it probably was. If you saw the orb with your eye too than there might be something to it, but most likely if it only appeared on the camera it is a "moon flare" cause by mis-operation or by the camera's auto getting confused by the lack of light/focus data that the sensors collect. Can't wait to see em man.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Not true for me. ATS disabled my picture upload screen. I tried my info and it
doesn't work. I tried the signup and got this message.

Signups Disabled
Sorry, Signups have been disabled. Please check back later!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D
reply to post by badw0lf

Not true for me. ATS disabled my picture upload screen. I tried my info and it
doesn't work. I tried the signup and got this message.

Signups Disabled
Sorry, Signups have been disabled. Please check back later!

Thats mad because so many people say that, I'd pop a msg off to a Mod for help, as I have no idea why media regos would be disabled when you are a registered member

Saying that, I have yet to work out how to upload a video, where I'd much prefer that than relying on crappy youtube - and I saw Chadwickus with some vids earlier..

I'm sure there is a caste system here..

or

Oo

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Tried uploading several times.Both in internet explorer and google chrome.I see it uplouding,but when its done the web screen goes blank,or white and nothing happens.I have waited an hour just in case it might still be uploading.I have a cable modem connection and always very fast.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Oh well,nevermind ,wasn't important anyways.As was said before just a camera malfunction.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I am having trouble uploading pictures....all I can get to paste over is the .jpg file but not the picture per se.
Any ideas, hints, secrets???

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Tried uploading several times.Both in internet explorer and google chrome.I see it uplouding,but when its done the web screen goes blank,or white and nothing happens.I have waited an hour just in case it might still be uploading.I have a cable modem connection and always very fast.
did you get the issue resolved ? i'm having the same problem ..it shows that it is uploading then screen goes white ,,never had this problem before ..

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin

Originally posted by kdog1982
did you get the issue resolved ? i'm having the same problem ..it shows that it is uploading then screen goes white ,,never had this problem before ..

Yes,but can't remember what I did.
I think I copied it to the desktop,uploaded to personal media.
Might been something with using internet explorer and ended up using google.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

kk have sorted now ,was a problem on my side

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
there has been so many ppl asked this kind of questiones.why not make the uploading easier or obviouser.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Thanks for heads up on the problem.

top topics

join