It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secrets of Schröteri Crater

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Thank you again Zorgon, I remember having seen this picture before - no doubt while "frying my brain on youtube" - Very cool.

I don't know if this has been asked yet, as I am kind of in a hurry - but what are the possibilities of this being a crashed satellite?

I am not an expert on crashed satellites - but I wonder that if one happened to do so on the moon, wouldn't it be a bit more broken up?

Just two wooden nickels to add to the mix - look forward to hearing your consensus bud.

S+F

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Thats mess up, man.....someone forgot to erase that odd thing

S&F....good find, Zorgon.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I'm thinking something like this, where the boulders eroded in various sizes as a result of heating and cooling by the Sun, then bounced/rolled downhill (blue arrows). The pink rocks are those which could have come from the boulder cluster, depending on how much they broke or bounced, etc.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89c0048c07fe.png[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Boulders, what will they think of next? there are right angles and artificial geometry within that object. They tell me this is a rock formation on mars, from 3.5 miles up. There is a theory that the US went to the moon before the official apollo programme began. They found some technology, Kennedy went to the russians to share the news, however, the powers that be killed kennedy, because they wanted the technology for the US. Could this be the first US mission before apollo?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Too bad the picture doesn't have any more resolution. The way that one "object" is clustered with tracks behind it, it looks to me like some kind of open-wheeled vehicle rather than a random assortment of boulders. Picture a rover with two wheels turned and a chassis in the middle and some more wheels behind. Might even be some kind of dish antenna, but that's hard to make out if it's heavily angled from a top-down view.

If you have varying density in the regolith, you're also going to have areas with tracks (soft and dusty) and no tracks (hard and rocky) behind a vehicle. Think of a Jeep off-roading on some rocky trail and the areas where it digs in and leave ruts as compared to areas that are almost like riding on pavement.

I'd say they got lucky and got a picture of something that we put up there before. (So maybe it's a question of American or Russian origin.)

Also there's not much in the way of weather or erosion happening on the moon, short of some noticeable seismic event, why would boulders suddenly roll on their own? Then there's not much in the way of obvious surface water for sun and shade to cause some freeze-thaw that would weather the terrain either.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

for years I get grief from skeptics when I colorize the anomalies..

How ironic to see a skeptic attempt the same methods

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

The big question? why are there skeptics on a forum that requires imagination, a leap of faith, and a keen interest in anomolies? very interesting

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

wow.

don't know what to say.

temp fractured rocks and meteors made something that looks donald trumps house and then! 1 rolls down the "hill" to make a trail.

eta, don't forget the road signs.

ya, ok, i can dig it.

edit on 16-2-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
weird pictures. is that a rover in the pictures?!? it sure leaves a weird trail behind.
Zorgon.

Well if it is, it's not one of ours that are listed

Exuberant1 did a sketch... I am sure he will be here shortly

I'm here now.

Here is an image I was using to try to describe what we might be seeing. The shadowsketch on the right is just a rough paint sketch done for speculative purposes. I think I got the 'dish' portion wrong:

For those who don't know about scrollable images, here is the shadow sketch:

edit on 16-2-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

You know damn well there are two kinds of acceptable proof..

One type needed by posters and a completly different type needed by skeptics..
Hell, they don't even need pics to debunk..

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

An artist you are not..

But we don't know where this buggy came from right??
That pic to me looks to be a buggy, not rocks...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

We don't know if it is a buggy yet.

Right now it is the lunar version of the Schrodinger cat; the anomaly is both simultaneously rocks and a rover.

When we get better data, we will know which one it ultimately is.

edit on 16-2-2011 by Exuberant1 because: I am an artiste!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Well the pic you posted looks too symetrical to be a rock IMO..

Certainly looks more like equipment than the pics of the Apollo landing sites I've seen so far and no one argues them..

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
yes.

how do u explain that much stuff there?

what rover?

bib, what motivates you?

i feel sorry for people who won't/can't give a brain cell to whf if?

real or not it's just way cool and no one will know the truth for a long time.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

bib, what motivates you?

Motivates me to what?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Certainly looks more like equipment than the pics of the Apollo landing sites I've seen so far and no one argues them..

I agree.

Those Apollo lander images were lackluster.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Cheers Zorgon star and flag for you, yes this is a formation of rocks, similar to the pile I have in the garden
I think that this is evidence of mining and debunkers using the colouring in method is priceless

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

It might be boulder, but it looks gun shaped and smoking at first glance.

Sheer genius my neon blue brain-shaped friend...

Could I have found my new ATS post signature? I think so... I'm going to assume you won't mind, Pimander...

Zorgon/ Exuberant1 - star and flag. A good find. Since seeing these most recent photo data I had been wondering what excuses would be dished out for all the little black boxes (obfuscation) all over them. Do we have the beginnings of an answer in this thread? I think so...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Love the thread..

It may sound silly but that object looks like some sort of mech (as in walking robot).

Are there any other scans of this area from different times to see time scale of movement?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Now I remember where I parked it...!

But seriously, perhaps it could be a bolide or micro comet impact, with the object having been broken up by the lunar gravity & rolling on impact.
edit on 16/2/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join