It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does it bother you that government paid disinfo agents post in this forum?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
So we are up to 7 or 8 pages and so far no one has been identified or called out as a Dis info agent, even by those that claim to be able to detect them.
I understand that it might be against the TOU to accuse them without proof, but would it be a violation of the rules to identify those you merely "suspect" to be dis info agents and let the members decide for themselves if there is any merit to the claims?

This whole thread seems to me to be pointless unless there are some specific examples to examine.
I personally feel that the government wouldn't waste their time and effort on this. They could go right to the mainstream media and count on them to parrot any thing the government wants to get out to the masses.

I think that dis info agents are just figments of some members imaginations. But I have an open mind on this. I am waiting for someone to prove me wrong.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Disinformation all depends on where you are situated in life or metaphorically speaking on the map.Once you have traveled a certain amount you learn not to rely on the maps to much, as the idea of disinformation is to mislead you away from the treasure and to sink your boat.It was a common practice not to long ago to produce a false nautical map to protect your assets from others. In fact the biggest one was to say that on the other side of the ocean was the end of the world and thus removing the Americas from the map. But to those who didn't believe the hype or even hear it, a new land was available to discover. This nowadays is known as having an open mind, much better than having a gullible mind or the other grim alternative called the closed one. So with an open mind, I step forward with confidence in my inner ability to travel,explore and enjoy the perils of the ocean known as the milky way.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Ok, you got me, I am a "paid" (although not monetary) dis-info "agent." There, I said it. I'm kidding of course. Even if I was serious, no one would take me seriously, but if I say something out of the norm, then I must be a dis-info agent. Where does it end?

No, I gotta be honest, it doesn't bother me that dis-info agents post on this website. I'm very good at what I do -research analyst and I have a knack for seeing through The Fog when there's people on the sidelines saying "Look over my way!" or, "Look over here!", or "Would ya look at this, I'm juggling! Ohh, it's so pretty!"

Most people give up upon seeing "pretty" to partake in the false beauty that is meant to stop you in that stage, Some will cease after the 1st or 2nd layer of research. It is only those who dig to the Real bottom that will uncover The Truth, but most give up LONG before that, and sadly, the only thing they're digging is a bigger hole for themselves to spend more time with Confusion.

Just like when setting up a business, the most important thing when digging for the Truth is Location Location Location.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I think that I have discovered a disinfo agent here on ATS.

Seriously, just pay attention too some of the posts by some of the members. Even long standing members of a couple of years or more. Look for patterns in the way they reply to some of the threads.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by MindSpin

There is certainly a way. They're often transparent.

So in other words....you have no idea...but you are going to cover yourself with a secretive posts that implies you have some super secret process in sniffing out disinfo agents.

Why not share? Then everyone can so easily spot them just like you.

Many do spot them and those that don't - I'm sorry but they're blind to what is going on in this world - They have worked through generations! There are many who have worked for generations to expose them so my concern is; how can the current genration know - they don't listen, don't want to hear and above all moch their elders, many of whom if they had the strength left would warn them. But it is such an in depth subject that it can never be answered here nor even in one book.
The sheeple will never wake up and will be forever used as worthless pawns on the global chessboard - disheartening I know but unfortunately true!
Wake Up don't trust, find out for yourselves like many before you - hopefully it won't be to late but History says it will be.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
It appears to me that ATS is going away from a site that is for conspiracies theorists to debate conspiracies, and moving towards a politics driven opinionated site.
The political forums have taken over the site and thus, everything is about politics. It is a known fact that politics are corrupt, so there is no real conspiracy there

I also agree with several others who have replied to the OP saying that anyone who disagrees with you is a disinfo agent. This is ridiculous. So, damned if we agree and damned if we disagree.

I propose we get rid of the political forums. Any 'new' news regarding politics, put it into the Breaking News forum. Also, how about having an Opinion Only forum for threads such as this.

Hej.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
F them. Our country is so far beyond messed up, it will take sane/rational people like who are on this site to bring this nation back to it's roots.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_Awesome

Everyone knows that the government is in the business of controlling public opinion and I think that they would be very interested in a site such as this. I'm sure you and most here have heard of Cass Sunstein and his views on conspiracy theories.

Non Sequitur and unsourced opinion.

All businesses and corporate entities spend fortunes, annually "controlling public opinion". This is called advertising, branding, spin, etc. But this fact implies nothing regarding secret "disinfo" agents being employed. Public opinion can be swayed in many ways - especially by a Government.

If we were discussing the possibility that the government covertly creates websites that masquerade as blogs or news sites... That subject makes sense. That is a very effective way to infiltrate the meme based information stream of the Internet. That would be much more effective than hoping that small groups of posters might make a dent in public opinion.

By the Sunstein model if I want to "disinfo" 911 I would not go out and hire someone to argue on ATS for months and months about it. I'd start a high dollar, flashy website which promoted my view. I'd get it to the top of Google, and I'd let all of YOU source it for me, over and over again.

Originally posted by Mr_Awesome

So correct me if I'm wrong but basically you are saying that your opinion is for sale and if offered a job, you would have no problem coming here and spreading disinfo for the government...
thanks for the incite.

Actually what I was saying was a bit tongue in cheek. You see it is basically a daily occurrence that I am accused of being a Federal agent on ATS. This stock sarcasm is my normal comeback. Look through my posting history and you'll see it pop up several times.

But to address that statement realistically. If I were asked, by anyone, to post based upon what I feel to be morally correct - paid or not, I would happily and proudly do so. I would not spread lies, however, for any amount of compensation.

So, there is your insight into Heff.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

By the Sunstein model if I want to "disinfo" 911 I would not go out and hire someone to argue on ATS for months and months about it. I'd start a high dollar, flashy website which promoted my view. I'd get it to the top of Google, and I'd let all of YOU source it for me, over and over again.

You just summed up ats in a nutshell .
And you are right this is how one would do it!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Actually what I was saying was a bit tongue in cheek. You see it is basically a daily occurrence that I am accused of being a Federal agent on ATS.

Heff, I have to laugh at this statement
I laugh not because you are accused of being an agent for the US government, but because if you were, you would have to be the most logical agent they have! And we all know that would be an oxymoron. Not to appear to be kissing any butt, I just thought it was funny

Hej

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

1) If there are super secret agent men here. Hire me. I need a job.
2) If you can't hire me, at least pick a debate with me as I enjoy a challenge and believe I'd best you at your own game.

~Heff

Excellent,

Some reading material that you might find interesting .

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Nice. The USDA?

How did you come about finding that, do tell?

WTH does the USDA need to have a page like that?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
What's the problem here?

Shills have to make a living too you know!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

I'm just interested in how you guys identify these "government paid disinfo agents"???

I have a feeling that it is anyone that disagrees with you. Even more so if they are passionate about their own view point.

How dare some people not swallow all the crazy that is on this site...they must be disinfo.

This is coming from a person that hasnt been on but less than 2 months?

Really?
Might you be one of "them"?

I'm sorry...I didn't know that the value of my opinion was based on how long I have been a member.

I like to judge the value of someones opinion based on the actual opinion...not on how long they have been a member.

But I guess you know best...you've been here since 2009

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by tristar

Nice. The USDA?

How did you come about finding that, do tell?

WTH does the USDA need to have a page like that?

If you work the url backwards then you will find far more interesting reading material.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I am looking now.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Not all the government agents posting on ATS are disinfo agents..

Some are very nice and more on our side than you might think...

Learn to tell the difference and you might be surprised.

Now to read the thread

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You honestly keep a list???
You may want to seek help.

I keep a list too
I need that list to know which ones to trust and which may be the bad guys

Funny thing is some of em even state it openly in the threads but people are blind. So be it. One even has photos in his profile. But no... you can't have my list... your on your own

But I will say that one of them came to visit... and trust me he had all the appropriate DoD AF Intel ID including the parking stickers in his windshield

What people need to realize is there are many 'agents' and other insiders working at jobs that, as the AF guy had on his profile "would make most people at ATS crap their pants" Many have clearances and are still here sharing what they can. Intelgurl is one... her avatar says "Operating within DoD protocal" I would think most regulars at ATS know her and that she works at Tonopah test site

So back to your bliss

PS The real disinfo agents you would never spot... but there is so much disifo spread by others that the government can save it's money

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

1) If there are super secret agent men here. Hire me. I need a job.

If your serious I can send you a name

Originally posted by tristar
Excellent,
Some reading material that you might find interesting

Awesome, never would have thought to look in their closet... Also learned never to read ATS before coffee

edit on 16-2-2011 by zorgon because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomzilla

There ya go
A true disinfo agent would NEVER get into a drawn out argument... They would drop the info in trusted areas and let it run

To show an example of how information is easy to corrupt... (and this one was just a stupid error in reading) Here is the process;

1) A Dr Bathal found a laser signal from space that might be ET. The signal came from Toucani.

2) This was first reported in an Australian online news report... but there was a second part of the article..The second part although it actually say This ALSO happened... was the discover of Gliese581D an exoplanet

3)Other news networks and all over the internet it now became "There was a signal received from Gliese581D. Even here at ATS it was reported as such

4) I wrote the Dr got the truth and posted it... ATS changed the title and fixed the error

5) Yet all over the internet even now you will see that this error has become the reality.. we even sent a message back

So this shows how easily a small 'fact' can be inserted and by repetition it becomes the new truth. But just a small effort on real research or writing a simple letter, will get the real facts.

Most people never dig beyond the surface. There will never be disclosure

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join