It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does it bother you that government paid disinfo agents post in this forum?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What bothers me is that ATS has a whole bunch of fussy rules that dictate everything from minimum/maximum length of posts, linking, all-caps, profanity, etiquette, prohibited topics like drug use (which is silly when alcohol and Big Pharma drugs cause far more death and destruction), ad infinitum, yet they've got absolutely no problem with any new "member" who plants themselves in a particular forum (say, 9/11) and spends every waking moment trying to debunk every topic, day after day, month after month, never leaving that forum, until one day they suddenly vanish and a replacement shows up.

They even gave a well-known debunker his own pinned "research" thread.

Not exactly what I'd call support for "Denying Ignorance."

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I know that you know , that she knows, that i know that she knows that i know

That is the physco babble that is all this disinfo type talk means

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Originally posted by loagun
I wonder if I or someone created a thread where we could mention which users we believed to be 'disinfo' agents based on evidence we collected from their post history would be allowed? I know of one user I believe without a doubt is a 'disinfo' agent. In fact it's almost completely obvious now.

Oh, please do. Great idea. Then, you could join the ranks with the fool in this link who did the same thing and garnered quite the bit of attention. Mostly, laughed at and ridiculed, if I remember correctly.

are you trying to discredit my post!?!?! disinfo!!! lol jk. good reply

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

Was I subtle enough?

Lol...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Can you give me an example or two of questions like this? From what I understand any untrue info is deleted off the site, and from my experience so far it takes time and energy to get accepted into the site. Not to mention that would be a silly big waste of time on the disinfo's side because most people one here have the common sense to sort through anything like that, which btw I have not ever come across.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Originally posted by Daughter2

I used to post on another blog about a "regional" issue. It wasn't anything like 9/11 that but it was something which upset many people. There was one poster who attacked other posters and post all sorts of inside info. I just thought this person was crazy. Well, it turned out this person worked for the government.

It was interesting how and why this person was posting about this topic. Right now, there is legal stuff going on so I really can't talk about it in detail.

Regardless, I don't think this is a isolated incident - it probably happens more than people think.

When you say that this person is a government employee... Are you saying that this person possessed the job of paid internet poster? Or was this person an employee of Government in some other capacity? This is an important distinction.

If, for example, a County Commissioner just happened to be highly emotionally charged on an issue, and went nuts in a chatroom or message board where a discussion of that issue is taking place. Then this person is not a paid poster. They are simply a public servant who isn't taking the term "conflict of interest" as seriously as they should.

~Heff

They were not directly paid - posting wasn't part of their job duties. But the key word is "direct". I wish I could tell you the story, but there was an obvious connection with a benefit to this person and posting.

I would think this would be the case with most people who are called paid posters. I would guess there are very few if any people with this in their job description. It's more likely they are benefiting for putting out specific info.

Public servants shouldn't be pretending they are non-gov people in order to sway opinions. The obvious reason is tax dollars aren't supposed to be used for political purposes.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Unity_99

Surely anyone who is paid to spread disinfo will be trained in a way that they aren't so apparent.

Just because some people have more common sense and understanding than to believe in such fairytales like chemtrails or (some) 9/11 theorys doesn't mean they are spreading disinfo, they are trying to make people see reason and truth. Not everything is a conspiracy.

If there are disinfo agents on here, your average poster won't spot them.

They think so, and I have found some who don't notice. But I'll give a few telltale signs.
1. Someone who is very rational, reasonable, even likable, but then if you're posting experiences puts you down, subtley or not so subtely makes you sound as if you're not relaxed and criticizes you, its done in a way to not look like they're doing the typical smear job or put down, but in a subtle way. Immediately recognize them by their fruits.

2. The ones most often being a little ruder are the bad cops. Its like good cop bad cop scenario.

3. Those trying to control others. For example, those excerting pressure to hoax threads or to shut down threads, or to control what people should view.

4. Some of the unusual trhreads are also in the is cateogry surprisingly enough, there are those on assignment, and they are in two categories. Counter intelligence to poke fun and even test the ground of different fields. Also, some release of info.

5. Some will befriend you.
edit on 15-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Not as long as they are minorities. Affirmative action must be upheld at all costs!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Every single time this subject comes up (And, dear God does it come up a lot) I answer with the same exact query...

Why would the government, or any other entity, pay to muddy waters that are already utterly muddied without any help at all.

Everyone knows that the government is in the business of controlling public opinion and I think that they would be very interested in a site such as this. I'm sure you and most here have heard of Cass Sunstein and his views on conspiracy theories.

Having said that, two caveats...

1) If there are super secret agent men here. Hire me. I need a job.
2) If you can't hire me, at least pick a debate with me as I enjoy a challenge and believe I'd best you at your own game.

So correct me if I'm wrong but basically you are saying that your opinion is for sale and if offered a job, you would have no problem coming here and spreading disinfo for the government...
thanks for the incite.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Does it bother you that government paid disinfo agents post in this forum?

Not as much as it would bother me if I was being manipulated into being a disinfo agent without even knowing it. Hey, what can I say - I'm paranoid.

I guess some of yall cannot believe that there are people out there that think different than you and have different opinions. God forbid someone does, they are called a government paid disinfo agent.

That's a rather simplistic and condescending attitude to take towards people who may hold such a belief. Did it ever occur to you that someone may hold such an opinion about another person because of something a bit more profound than just a simple difference of opinion? See below.

If you've trained yourself properly and are not taken in by all the lies, you will know instinctively whether someone intentionally spreads 'disinformation' for pay by the government. These agents betray themselves by arguing illogically, changing the subject, being one trick ponies, or display any number of other "tells" that a really, really smart and aware person can recognize.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

I can't agree more. If you disagree with something, you're automatically considered a disinfo agent. I was called a disinfo agent because I didn't agree about a possible polar shift.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

The best disinfo agent are the ones who don't even know they are one, that aside its not so easy online but face to face all is revealed. Again I have a method of knowing also, but I wouldn't like to give that one away. It is something that you polish through out your life, mistakes will be made again and again but I find it bothers me less now than ever. The main reason for this is that in the end they are dis-informing their own selves and that's a big price to pay for no benefit.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

no i do not... of the three I suspect, only one I have mentioned...

I hope they do come here.. it gives me a chance to communicate information to them... it also allows avenues for truth to reach out... and if by some small chance, we might know something that they dont, it might save my country...

I hope they do come here a lot and there bosses to... They might find some of it illuminating themselves...

ATS always acts as a clearing house for information...

and they might get infected with a certain meme...

deny ignorance...

Also their is nothing in T and C that says they cant post that I know of as long as they obey the rules... I gaurantee you that if we ever got the FBI's or DoHS agents list you would be surprised who the agents are...

My visions and instincts bat 90%..... my guess so far has been three I am sure of..

I suspect about six or seven more... all post on a regular basis... they just match the profile i guess from the ones I met while I was in the Navy...

Well thank you for your time

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Well I don't believe anything that anyone says anymore anyway. Talk is cheap. Sociopaths are chronic liars.
All I know for sure, is that we are getting ripped off Every Day. The rest of it is just a space aged version of
The National Enquirer. The Real Conspiracy is that the cost of living is going up, and the standard of living is
going down. Every conspiracy is just another profit driven get rich quick scheme at the expense of your fellow
man (or woman) or their own country for that matter. Nothing is sacred to some except personal gain.
That my friends will be the downfall of it all. It is just a matter of time.

By the way, seen the price of gas lately? It seems every time the wind blows the wrong way, speculation
drives it through the roof. Just more Bull and Horse manure every day from traitors.

This is the conspiracy::: Screw 'em all out of every penny so we can go shopping every day. Monogrammed.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

The people who are worried about chemtrails have good reason . In 1977 the Military told the Congressional Committee that they had sprayed 239 populated centers . Testing on Americans has been well known by anyone interested . Testing of all sorts have done on us for some time and supposedly with many intentional fatalities . Our soldiers were marched into ground zero just after nuclear blast knowing they would die slowly . That's not including the ones staged too close and with out cover . All you could hear was about flocks of farmers sheep and cattle found dead with their organs removed . It was blamed on UFOs . BS . They had to know how the sheep died and how fast it was absorbed and how to improve their WMD . The military has been unchecked for a long time and everybody is a perspective enemy to them , most assuredly you who might help cut their purse strings .
Cheney was running war games at the very time of 911 that mirrored the actual attack and circumstances . Then he lied about it . I have seen many emplosions of buildings but Architects and Structural Engineers called for an inquiry into building 7 of the WTC accusing it to have been a demolition . They should know !
We wouldn't believe all of the down right criminal ruthless things our military has and will do . After all there sole business is to kill people and who ever they are told to kill , even you .

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Oh Yeah,,,,let them dis info this: Did you notice how much smaller a snickers bar or peanut butter cup
is now,,,but the price has gone up. Did you notice that when you buy a pint size of Haagen Daas ice cream now
that the pint is only 15 ounces, instead of 16 ounces but the price is the same or higher. Yeah,,,check it out
go through the grocery store and have a close look. The packages contain less but the prices are the same.
Whats the dis info on that? Just another rip off while trying to hide inflation. Well no matter how you slice it
the numbers don't lie.

How much do the 'Dis info agents " get paid anyway,,,,I need a job.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
I'm just interested in how you guys identify these "government paid disinfo agents"???

I have a feeling that it is anyone that disagrees with you. Even more so if they are passionate about their own view point.

How dare some people not swallow all the crazy that is on this site...they must be disinfo.

This is coming from a person that hasnt been on but less than 2 months?

Really?
Might you be one of "them"?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

There would be no way to prove such a thing. Unless you were the dis info agent yourself. Even then no one would believe that, if you just came out and said it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

How do you know they post on here, because they tell you? I have had people tell me they are an alien on here...
Do you have any kind of proof they exist on here? While the average ATS member may think they exist- this doesnt make it so, just like some people believe 9/11 was an inside job... but at least that theory has evidence to back it.

Respectfully I ask this because I actually believe they do, but I have never seen any evidence to support my theory - so why should I trust yours?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
Does it bother you that possible government paid disinfo agents post in this forum? How does that make you feel that in a "free" society the management bureaucracy wants people to think in a predictable "approved" way. Then the opinion police come in and start calling anyone that questions the government's policies a " domestic terrorist", "radical", "extremist",or "fringe"? This is sad.

Let me guess. We are too retarded to run our own lives so we need "help" from the enlightened elite oligarchy.
Why can't we just live free without being told how to think or what is illegal to believe or say? Can we just cut out our own living and support our families without globalists and corporate managing it for us?

5 months ago all the conservative shills came parroting racist disinfo at obama supporters. Same thing different objective.Now the objective is to demonize, villianize,FUD and censor any conspiracy factist voice. They are so afraid that the Official story sheeple will wake up. We live in a representative republic NOT a democracy.
We are allowed to scrutinize a bureaucracy that we are paying for(tax money).

The amount of corruption,greed,fraud,theft,lying, and ruthless assassinations of innocent civilians made me a anarchist. I just don't think a central bureaucracy can have such a monopolistic control on a group of sentient,feeling,thinking, human beings.Unchecked power can corrupt any central management bureaucracy.
Its a fundamental flaw that is not fixable. These authoritarian systems are inherently unstable because of greed and selfishness.

What happens when there are competing clans in the NWO "utopia"? Do they try to kill each other to live like gods or princes? When will there be enough? When do you say "I had my fill"?

It would bother me if you could prove it. There are no government "disinfo" agents here and I'll tell you why. Why would the government waste money and manpower on convincing what more or less constitutes the very fringe of this country? We are the 5% of people that a vast majority of this country would believe are nutso conspiracy theorists. It doesn't matter if your pet subject and reason why you came here is the NWO, FEMA Death Camps, 2012/Niburu/Pole Shift, UFOs, or a mixture of all of the above.

95% of Americans will never accept anything that's not broad-casted and accepted by the MSM and the US Government. The 95% is where they need the disinfo agents, they need them on iVillage.com, or sports message boards, or Daily Kos and Red State and Free Republic.

I am NOT saying that being a nutso conspiracy theorist is bad because I'm actually a fairly normal guy and I just love the stuff on here because (true or not) it sure makes life a hell of alot more exciting than jerking off and going to see a terrible movie with the kids every weekend like most people do.

And I think that on some of the more popular stuff on here that alot of ATS's top subjects have quite a bit of truth in them. UFOs, a 10th "X" Planet, Ancient Aliens, and evidence of past civilization on Mars and the Moon have made for VERY convincing threads.

But no matter how much sense it all makes to us, the government doesn't need to win over the 5% of people, even if that 5% knows the truth. Because unless someone from CNN tells the rest of the country, the 95% of people will continue to be sheeple.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join