It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does it bother you that government paid disinfo agents post in this forum?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think that for every government employee trying to spin some untruth there are ten hoaxers and fifty uncritical responders to their posts.

That's why when someone posts there are so many who critically investigate the claim/s and want further evidence (even if they hold the same beliefs).

We should "deny ignorance" and I see acceptance of what someone else says without evaluation as being ignorant.
edit on 15/2/2011 by chr0naut because: left out a space

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

It bothers me immensely that I don't know how to get in on it! Does that count?

I would gladly taylor my opinions ever so slightly to get onto the payroll. If any recruiters are watching, please U2U me.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Interesting and informative, thank you.
Wouldn't suprise me if you even end up attracting one or two to this thread, thanks to their obvious psychological traits!

Shame there's no way to know for sure, eh!

I don't mind them so much and don't hate them for being sheeple in their own rights, although I loathe the principle of it all.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I wonder if I or someone created a thread where we could mention which users we believed to be 'disinfo' agents based on evidence we collected from their post history would be allowed? I know of one user I believe without a doubt is a 'disinfo' agent. In fact it's almost completely obvious now.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think there are government paid shills on Youtube as well. Posting on videos that draw criticism of the U.S. I had a reply from one of my comments that unnerved me a little bit:

"@ Why do you hate so many people? Why are you so ANTI America? Why do you hate President Obama? Are you trying to harm our president? Why do you want other governments to harm our president? Why do you hate our soldiers? You should not take your hatred out on so many people. I hope you don't. I hope you're not a danger."

The comment I had made did not warrant this ridiculous response! In the back of my mind I felt like this person was a paid government worker recording IP addresses of people who have alternative views on the news.
edit on 2/15/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
no

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Not really, I have my own opinions on things, and if it’s a subject that I know to be true, no one can change my mind.

And if someone has posted something that makes me go hmmm, then I start researching and pay closer attention to the members I know that will not BS to me.

That’s how i use my friends list. Not all of my friends have the same opinion’s as I do, but I’m sure most of them are truthful within themselves.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScotlandTheBrave
Do you have any proof that this is happening or isit an opinion?

Well, you don't need to know for sure if you can look at history and hold a vigilant suspicion. Cointelpro was very real as are other cultural sabotaging operations. Paid agents are not science fiction and neither are conspiracies in general. I always beware of people who say "you need help" e.c.t for entertaining a thought or champion interests that fall in line with the current powers interests (the federal government, big banks and business, big pharma e.c.t)
edit on 15-2-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Shouldreply to post by greeneyedleo

I wasn't complaining. Just stating facts that are pertinent to the discussion at hand. I needed to make the point that any evidence of what I saw is gone and why. I also alluded to the idea that the fact that the evidence is missing may say something more.
I am certainly am not complaining, the whole DocV affair taught me something, and to give credit where it is due, DocV was banned.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
From the moment you are born you are told what to think. Little changes till the moment you draw your last breath. Your parents, your teachers, your friends, your employer, the society around you, advertisers, the news, and of course, government. Your opinions are not your own and everyone has a stake in helping you form them. Should it bother you? No, not as long as you have the ability to think for yourself.

very, very correct...You are told 99% of what you know during your life here.Only 1% is the real truth, what "YOU" experience while your here....Dam ,what people have ever told you, and will ever tell you....You want the truth? Go out and experience it.....You R you. You only need you for the truth...Don't fall for this $hit they are trying to get you to fall for.....As far as the dis-info agents are concerned, anyone with just a little bit of self knowledge knows who they are. No matter what they are wearing, or saying or doing.....I have a flesh lolly pop for them to suck on after this is all over with....

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It seems to me this whole site is a disinfo agent...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
It bothers me that anyone gets paid for something I do for free. Well, the browsing/posting part. Not so much the disinfo.

yeah,, like where do i sign-up to get paid...lol

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Dude...youtube is crawling with disinfo agents...remember that Simpsons video everybody freaked out about?...What kinda struck me, was, that nobody bothered to look at the videoposter's channel. He just recently had joined youtube and not a single other video uploaded. I posted a couple of comments on the video and the same ppl would pop up, if I spoke about certain subjects. If you tried to go on their channel, they were nonexistant. That's how you usually spot the disinfo agents on youtube, they don't have any channel, or recently just joined. Then...I went to look at the video one more time, after the told date had passed and it was taken off, with the message: FOX has blablabla....Fox....
edit on 15-2-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Doesnt bother me at all, as a matter of fact its an opportunity to learn, both for them and myself,
opinions change in peoples lives constantly, so maybe they'll learn to break their silence and inform and maybe I'll pick up a piece of info that links something together,
there's a wonderful B.S. meter that sits directly behind my eyes that gets sharper with use.
Although I wouldnt jump ship to make cash like mentioned earlier in this thread, I do have my morals yet.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by loagun
I wonder if I or someone created a thread where we could mention which users we believed to be 'disinfo' agents based on evidence we collected from their post history would be allowed? I know of one user I believe without a doubt is a 'disinfo' agent. In fact it's almost completely obvious now.

Oh, please do. Great idea. Then, you could join the ranks with the fool in this link who did the same thing and garnered quite the bit of attention. Mostly, laughed at and ridiculed, if I remember correctly.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Some of them stick out like a sore thumb, I think.

Has anyone ever wondered if some of them do that to take the heat off of the other ones who lie low?

They are trying to write something they don’t agree with.

It’s like the friendly telemarketer who doesn’t like their job, but it’s a job that pays the bills. They have a quota to fill, they ring you up, wait for you to answer then hang up. That’s one ticked off their list, without the guilt of trying to make you buy something they know is crap.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
OK I'll play...
Does it make posters here feel more important or relevant to believe that disinfo agents post at ATS?
Does it make one feel as if part of a somewhat elite group of people that are more knowledgable than the average Joe?

Don't misunderstand me, its entirely possible that certain people employed by governments will visit, its even possible that say if some great footage of a government black ops ufo was posted that some disinfo posters would appear to muddy the waters.

But do I think it happens on a regular basis? No. Do I think its more exciting to think it does happen regularly - absolutely!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by loagun

A thread about disinfo agents...not sure but I doubt it.

But Mr.Mask had a thread up at one point about identifying Government Agent Provocateurs.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Was fun!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I read a post today that claimed the red cross had a special room in hospitals, where the elite could drink our blood. I also read a response to that post that reptillians live under hospitals.

You may be giving ATS a little to much credit. If you were a government agent that wanted to spread dis-info, why start here? We're doing quite fine without them.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Well, you don't need to know for sure

Since when is it ok to accuse people of something without having proof?

I dont understand people with this though process......in one area they scream that you cant just make accusations without having proof.....so when it fits a certain mindset , its ok?

B.S....Dont accuse people of things if you dont know the truth.........end of story

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join