It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deficit is biggest as share of economy since 1945

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

OK, I can buy that.

Optimism in myself is bolstered by preparedness and I am, if nothing else, prepared on a personal level.

I really am not a defeatist. I know man will always seek Libertas and Feronia.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

OK, I can buy that.

Optimism in myself is bolstered by preparedness and I am, if nothing else, prepared on a personal level.

I really am not a defeatist. I know man will always seek Libertas and Feronia.

Of course and of course not, your a good Roman and know how these things go. Stoicism is required, and a hunger to sieze the day.

This is a reoccuring process on earth, people forget their history, abdicate their responsibility to a small cadre of governers, politicians and elites, who abuse them, the people suddenly remember history, rise up and dispose them, to repeat the process all over again.

Typically the next crop of elites, and heros comes from the undertaking of getting rid of the last crop.

I would like to say people will finally learn from it this time but it's not likely.

The first sometimes the second generation after these upheavals remembers and keeps gaurd and remains vigilant, but by the third or fourth generation all the lessons are forgotten and the cycle of endemnic corruption and greed starts all over again.

So too does the cycle of making excuses for it, blaming it on everyone but the responsible parties, and pretending the system will correct itself.

It's a song everyone on earth everyone should know backwards and forwards since it's pretty all we have sung and done for thousands of years.

edit on 15/2/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

My favorite Stoic, Marcus Aurelius would say concern yourself only with those things you can change...I concur

audaces fortuna iuvat or fortes fortuna iuvat
Fortune favours the brave

Be brave ProTrav!

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join