It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Victory For Terrorists in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoaringFalcon
It shows that if you comply no more innocent lives will be lost...The media coverage alone encourages the terrorists. Maybe if the US complied we wouldn't be mourning such atrocities. It's sad when a foreign country has higher regard for its civilians abroad than the US.

Soaring falcon.....you obviously have not read some of the demands terrorists have made.... They want all Hindu people out of Kashmir, they want everyone that is not muslim out of Jerusalem and all of the middle east (even when the middle east was not theirs in the first place, they invaded most of the middle east...) Osama once said that he wanted Andalucia (that's the proper Spanish spelling for it) back, Andalucia is part of Spain, and always was. Just for a little while it was invaded by Muslims......

You cannot give in to terrorist demands.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yes, we can't give in to terrorist demands. We must ultimately kill them all.

We will make them give in to our demands by bombing their houses, their families, and their friends. And we can do it all because we have a bigger military and because our way is "legal." After all, it is us who are more important than them.

Wait a minute, I just confused myself here. Maybe our only justification is that we are who we are and they are who they are. None of this complicated mess, just two kids fighting in the playground.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Df1 even you know that this is going to lead to more kidnappings and beheadings its one of those situations 1 Vs. 100 the extremist wont get nice or kind if you do what they want you too they will only stab you in the back.

df1

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Df1 even you know that this is going to lead to more kidnappings and beheadings its one of those situations 1 Vs. 100 the extremist wont get nice or kind if you do what they want you too they will only stab you in the back.

WestPoint23: I just found your comments to be rather crass and have seen them repeated multiple times. If it was your life, you would be praying that someone would do something to have your life spared. And your family would be praying also. It is one thing to think in the terms you suggested as a government leader, but quite another to think in those terms as a human being. I would suggest that you try being more human instead of a good soldier. This my only point.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
I think that maybe the Filipinos realized that they no longer wanted to take part in Iraq. This threat of a beheading gives them the out they need to head home.

I think this is absolutely true. The President of the phillipines is in pretty dire straits herself. This was a good out for her government.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
all this says for me is that instead of blowing the crap out of them and invading their homelands, maybe just listening to the 'terrorists' demands when they arent all that unreasonable is a better option. This just proves to me that the war on terror is being handled the wrong way (which i like to call the Republican/Bush way), which is bomb now talk later... doesnt work. This theory has destablised the world and made every western country/person a possible target.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This is not true negotiation. This is concession. This is giving in to their demands, whatever they may be.

True negotiation is not threatening beheading of hostages if you do not give them what they want.

True negotiation begins with sitting across a table from each other and BOTH parties giving and taking.

So, who can we expect from the terrorists side to sit down with us and truly negotiate?

What if the terrorists holed up in the Sears Tower with hostages and a nuclear suitcase, threatening to detonate it unless President Bush were publicly beheaded? Is this negotiation?

Forget that, what if they demanded that your wife or children were publicly beheaded?

The players may change, but the scenario is not too far fetched.

There is no way you can fool yourself into believing that what is happening now is true negotiation, unless you are a fool.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone remembered Fallujah?

"We're going to bomb the crap out of Fallujah unless you villagers give up al-Zarqawi"

What kind of negotiation is that? Please spare me the, 'they only bombed terrorist safehouses thing' You ever been there?

We are guilty of the same thing.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Exactly Jamuhn.
Some people on this board think that as long as you kill people for the right reasons that makes it ok.

In the name of God.
In the name of security.
In the name of democracy.
In the name of corporate interests.

It's not how we should be 'leading'.

[edit on 16-7-2004 by shanti23]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDog
The most dangerous precedent has already been set - pre-emptive strikes on countries with lack of overwhelming evidence to support the action. There was no imminent threat.

The cost of striking once a threat is present would be much much higher. No amount of evidence would have convinced some people (esp the French). So what do you term "overwhelming"? While the inteligence failures are quite disturbing, can you really say the world would have been better off with Saddam in place? That is one of the problems inherit to todays society. We have become so risk adverse that we lack the patients to resolve issus of this magnatude. The people of the Phillipines will have to deal with the fallout from thier actions. You do not negotiate with terrorists Period!

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDog

The most dangerous precedent has already been set - pre-emptive strikes on countries with lack of overwhelming evidence to support the action. There was no imminent threat.

Perhaps you shoud read the update on the Butler report.
Here is a link.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I was wondering if anyone remembered Fallujah?

"We're going to bomb the crap out of Fallujah unless you villagers give up al-Zarqawi"

What kind of negotiation is that? Please spare me the, 'they only bombed terrorist safehouses thing' You ever been there?

Yeah and because we didn't bomb falluja now zarqawi is able to roam free and plan more deadly attacks and we let a lot of insurgents get away because we didn't go in to falluja.

[edit on 16-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

df1

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
can you really say the world would have been better off with Saddam in place?

The troops now in Iraq could have been used to inspect sea and air cargo, as well as, for protection of nuclear and other at risk facilities from would be terrorists. This would make all America better off and safer.

The US economy would be better off by not having the massive drain of dollars going to build bombs and military weapons. The billions being wasted could have been used to stimulate the US economy in a variety of ways including research into alternatives to oil.

And without a doubt the families of dead and maimed US soldiers would be better off.

Your asking if the world would be better off is nothing more than a canard to cover the weakness of your position, as the presidents job is to work in the interest of America. Take up your issues concerning the world at the UN.

[edit on 16-7-2004 by df1]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
All i can say is Never go quilty into the Night fight fight the dieing of the light.
what this means weather or not I agree with the fight I will stand untill the last in honer . I have faced death and found it over rated . Dieing is easy how you die is what matters . Difiant or on your nees thats the choice we all make.
I have aloways been defient and if it was my head on the block as long as i know my wife a children would be cared for i would have no fear or regrets. And yes I would say kill me if you will but rember my sons will come and then there sons will come as well.
there was a time only a year agaio that we stood toghter saying this .Not just the U.S but the world so why is it now that more and more are giving into fear?
If we do not fight they will kill us anyway . The question is if they stoped fighting what would happen then? Do you think we would still be fighting?
Our views may not be perfict but we DONT through the First punch.
And once the first punch is thrown the fight must be fought it doesent matter if you totaly aggre with the fight.Who ever does? After all someone is trying to hit you .And you have two choices stand and let them or hit back.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The pull-out by the Phillipines is under way

Philippine troops have begun leaving Iraq, despite calls by the US and other allies not to give in to the demands of kidnappers holding a Filipino hostage. Foreign Secretary Delia Albert said 10 soldiers had already left their Iraq base for neighbouring Kuwait. She said the remainder of the Philippine contingent would be withdrawn "shortly".

John Howard made his comment about this -

"I don't want to be harsh on a friend, but it is a mistake and it won't buy them immunity," Australian Prime Minister John Howard said on Friday.

"It's a wretched state of affairs, but if you give in it won't stop it happening again," he said.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
shanti23,

Amen, to your post, you just hit the right spot

I understand some wants to be patriotic and it will go to great measures to justify Iraq, but the truth is simple Terrorist in Iraq are winning and they have Iraq in the palm of their hands thanks to US, we opened the doors to terrorism in Iraq.

The greed of bush and company did not paid well after all.

[edit on 16-7-2004 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join