It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playboy Mansion illness, a Hugh Hefner nightmare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
In posting a thread just now involving RSOE issuing a "heat wave" in Minnesota
I noticed California had a epidemic warning for the Playboy Mansion.

Seeing ATS is really my only source for current affairs, I hadn't heard of this yesterday and just did a search on here and still didn't find a thread.

What I find interesting, if not a bit confusing is: What the hell is a 'fog machine"? And who uses it to 'create an atmosphere"?
Is this an indoor machine?

When are people going to just leave the air alone? It's bad enough we have chemtrails and cloud seeding!!!

Yesterday, something was up at the Playboy Mansion where illness struck when glam guests turned green during a big event.

Now Hugh Hefner's place is under inspection by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. Shades of Legionnaires' disease, as one source so aptly alluded to when writing about the sad scene at Tinseltown's most hyped address.

Symptoms included upper respiratory distress, exhaustion, and back spasm. Some reports blame the cause of this curse on a fog machine that was used to create atmosphere at the big gathering.
www.examiner.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
fog machine

I read an interview from a former playboy bunny and she described how incredibly dirty, old and musty that place is..I guess they let all the pets poop and pee all over the house..so between the fog machine(that smells funny anyway) and all the pets, dust, dirt and leftover sex..the place has to be disgusting..I mean some rooms still have carpets from the 60's and 70's...I can only imagine what has taken place on those filthy carpets!
)))

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

It could very well be the fog machine. If I recall, Legionnaire's disease was caused by bacteria forming in the air conditioners of the hotel. It could be the fog machine was never cleaned out and bacteria laid dormant until they used if for the party. All that bacteria could have been inhaled by the guests at the party.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
In answer to your question, Fog machines are essentially vaporizing units that take a "fog liquid" typically made up of a variety of mineral oils and heats it up dramatically by pumping it through a heater. There are other variations on the fog juice, but that is irrelevant.

Typically these machine are used in movies, stage, concerts, and dance clubs. In the United States, it is common (these days) to pick up fog machines at party supply stores during halloween.

Using fog at a "sexy party" is just a way to make the atmosphere more exotic and sensual.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Yeah, thanks. I am just reading up on it now.

Not that I want anyone sick. Please know it because what I am about to say might sound heartless but, it serves them right.
They live this artificial life-style that has NOTHING to do with Human growth or our experience here on Earth (but I do realize that is THEIR path in this incarnation)
So when I read news like this and realize it was no ones fault but the greedy-plastic people then, my sympathies cease.

I feel the same about all Hollywood 'stars'! Which is another thing. I just don't understand how: We pay to watch people ....who are pretending to be other people.....while other people..... film it!!
And that's considered a good thing and entertaining?
Wow! No wonder aliens stay away from us!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

If I might add. I am in the industry, I paint sets. Fog machines can be pretty toxic if used for long periods of time. Especially older ones using older products. Most places I know of use water bases solutions as opposed to the oil based ones. What you are breathing is essentially oil vapor which can make you sick. Most actors and especially opera singers all but refuse to work around them. And from what I know of the product, I would refuse as well. Maybe they haven't heard the updated info. Maybe it was just some old crap they had around that should have been trashed years ago.

www.uic.edu...
edit on 14-2-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: Insert link

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wetpaint72

I worked in the industry for a number of years as well. I agree with you 100%. The newer fog juice is pretty safe, although not meant for constant breathing day in and day out. The old stuff was just nasty. I would vote for the likelyhood of Legioneers on this one.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

So is the speculation of this being blamed on a 'fog machine' not boding too well with you?

I would think, Huge Hefner would have the state-of-the-art EVERYTHING. Why would he be using an older 'fog machine' (which for the life of me, can't even imagine, needing!!)?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Here is the wiki article for the bacteria that causes legionnaires disease:

Legionella

Legionella are found in generally warm water such as found in the cooling towers that dump heat to the atmosphere in large air conditioning systems. I have heard that they can be found in domestic hot waters systems now, but I do not have confirmation of this.

I will look further.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

So is the speculation of this being blamed on a 'fog machine' not boding too well with you?

I would think, Huge Hefner would have the state-of-the-art EVERYTHING. Why would he be using an older 'fog machine' (which for the life of me, can't even imagine, needing!!)?

Fog machines are annoying. I work where one was used but it was always bothering everyone so they stopped using it.

I dont' think anything happened at the mansion that is of real concern.

Also just because Heff has the dough it doesn't mean he will have everything state of the art. Look at Donald Trump he's got plenty of money and yet he still has the worst tupe's out there

If he had a fog machine already he probably didn't think anything of it and didn't realize it could make people sick. He is up there in age

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Okay. I found confirmation in an OSHA website page:
OSHA

Legionella has been found in water heaters in domestic hot water systems, and has been the source of outbreaks.

Legionella bacteria can breed in un-treated pools and fountains also. If it is in the domestic HW system, the most likely place to be infected is in the shower.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

That was funny about Trump's toupee.

Yeah but doesn't Huge and The Donald have people who literally wipe the food from their chin when they eat?

I'm quite certain Huge is not in charge of his 'fog machine'. I would think his staff would be the ones to (probably) suggest using it and pluggin' it in.

Huge has enough to just remember who he's married to.......let alone that he has a 'fog machine' in the closet!

edit on 14-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by mblahnikluver

That was funny about Trump's toupee.

Yeah but doesn't Huge and The Donald have people who literally wipe the food from their chin when they eat?

LOL Yeah Heff has his blonde herrum (sp?) for that lol

I'm quite certain Huge is not in charge of his 'fog machine'. I would think his staff would be the ones to (probably) suggest using it and pluggin' it in.

Huge has enough to just remember by just remembering who he's married to.......let alone that he has a 'fog machine' in the closet!

LOL He probably doesn't have to think about much but then again you never know. Not all celebs are divas and he just seems like a more down to earth type..but yea I think he needs to replace his fog machine if this is what caused the illnesses.

I saw on the news that people didn't get sick until shortly after they left.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
When I first saw the outbreak mentioned at the Playboy Mansion, I immediately thought of a sexually transmitted disease.

Am I the only one that thought that?

Maybe my mind is in the gutter. (of course it is, I am a guy)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What? Herpes goes airborne??
The nightmare in Holmby Hills.

no rumors here....move along.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Interesting read...

Are they just now figuring this out???

The playboy mansion has been a *epidemic zone* since
Pamela Anderson and Anna Nicole Smith visited...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I was thinking sexually transmitted disease also i can just imagine whats gone on in that mansion for years ..you would think with all his money that place would be spotless i imagine since this has come down he was probably told to clean it up or close the doors till it is (just my guess)

top topics

join