It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gypsies: The Last Acceptable Form of Racism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Ok, I wanted to let this go, but it turns out that I just can't do that.

So what are you trying to prove with those pictures? That there are Gypsy children in Romania that have to search through garbage bins? That puts Romania in a bad light more than it puts the Gypsy community in a bad light, you know. Children that have to go through garbage in order to survive is a sad picture, no matter their ethnicity.

Same thing goes for the improvised shelters.

As for the horrible houses, yes, some Gypsies that have enough money build such houses. You have to thank the (non-existing) Romanian spacial and urban planning for that. For every illegal building you'll have to thank the authorities, who turn a blind eye to constructions that are not authorised, or who illegally give construction authorisations.

As for the last picture, no, actually it's not funny. Burning people (or vaguely threatening /instigating to do so) is not funny. Not to mention I'm pretty sure it's against ats t&c.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

Here is what I would do if I was the authorities: I would find a problem group that is clearly of a majority population ethnicity and persecute them to the ends of the earth until they are locked up and dispersed. Charge them with every imaginable crime and harass them non stop. Once the precedent is set that it is not a racist activity it would be a lot easier to clear out the problem groups that are of a minority ethnicity.

The problem is, as I and many others have already said on this thread, they have gained the status of an ethnic group, it's called Gypsy Traveller! As such, they counter any moves to prevent them moving into areas by throwing out the race card. Furthermore, there are large numbers of them spread about the UK, and the various police forces simply do not have the resources to go chasing groups of people, by whom their very definition, is that they travel around. By the time the police force in one county are trying to deal with crimes committed by the group, the group simply moves on into another county, and of course if the police force of the county they move into, attempt to move them on or try to question them about previous crimes in other areas, yet again they scream harrassment of an ethnic minority and the police have to back down, until more crimes are committed, and then the cycle repeats itself.

It is a complex problem, and I think the only solution is more official sites, if they have official places to go, then they cannot claim they are being disadvantaged by having no where to pitch and using that as an excuse to just camp anywhere. There should be enforced rules within the official sites in much the same way as rules are enforced throughout society, and that they have to adhere to them or face the consequences. Sadly though, I don't think it will make much difference, because the ones who are a problem, will doubtless always be a problem no matter what is done for them.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join