It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Racial Divide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Firstly I live in a country that’s extremely racially divided. Any racial statement can send the country into an angry frenzy. Rumours of war is not new to us.

Just want to know what is I’m missing? What is that I can’t see that will break the barriers between race.

I’ll admit in some sense I could be considered a racist. I’m righteously pissed off at black people in this country. Mainly because I feel constantly threatened. My skin colour always seems to be the topic of discussion. When it’s not the so called ‘ democratic’ leaders of the A.N.C. trying to point out the differences between black & white , or blaming white people for things that happened years ago, it’s other white folks talking everything you say and twisting it into something racist.

Feel like I’m taking fire from all sides. American politics influences South Africa more than they know. Politicians here will take anything that’s said over there and run with it. Even if it has nothing to do with the political atmosphere here. As long is it can be twisted into a racial debate they’ll use it.

Now it’s very different here than it is over in the States. Firstly we aren’t a majority and secondly we actually had racial segregation that would make Adolf Hitler proud for a long time.

I understand why some black people will be angry at the whites in this country. We oppressed them for a long time. Our policies were that of solidarity and country they weren’t allowed to be part of unless it was doing manual labour jobs or some lower class occupation.

But I feel it’s unfair holding me personally responsible for Apartheid. I was never a part of it. I never supported it. I wasn’t even born back then. But I have to bare the guilt of it?

I know why it’s being kept alive, though. See the A.N.C. (African National Congress) found it power in the freedom struggle. It was built on racial divides and a black mans anger towards whites was used as ammunition to gain support. And it’s still being used today. See from what I can tell, as long as they portray white people as being evil people who’ll bring Apartheid back as soon as they gain power the black people in this country will always feel it’s safer to vote A.N.C. .

It’s cruel of you ask me. Lying to black people that way and keeping their hate/anger alive just so you can gain votes. They’ve portrayed themselves as being the saviors and protectors of their rights and the black people in this country foolishly fall for it.

News articles are ridden with racially inflammatory statements from black politicians. Dividing a nation is practically a pass time for these guys and they’ve perfected it down to an art.

My theory is this- These racist statements are merely a political tool. All these murders taking place, and the genocide of white farmers that make headlines are just political tools to be taken advantage of.

See if they can incite anger amongst whites and make them feel like their entire lively hood is under attack they can keep the circle turning. White people will eventually start adopting racist ideologies. In turn this will only reinforce the idea amongst blacks that all white people are racist.

However there are more white owned companies that give money to black charities. There are more white people volunteering to help homeless black kids than, I’m sure, there are black people. And these anger white people, like myself, are merely feeling threatened. With good reason. Anyone who takes the time research the crime in this country will know why.

Now you have guys like Julius Malema, Leader of the A.N.C. Youth League, who is probably on of the most controversial characters in South Africa. Why? Well, because he is know for royally pissing of whites. With songs like ’’ shoot the boer/farmer ’’ being sung at every A.N.C. rally and his blatant racism towards whites just makes him infamous amongst us.

However, most white people just see him as a complete idiot, I beg to differ. I think this guy shouldn’t be underestimated. He’s has a purpose for the A.N.C. and that’s to keep the country racially divided. He might not be smart but the role he has been chosen for he plays like an expert. Which also validates my theory and my answer to the question of so many white people have as to why a democratic government that supposedly wants to encourage equality would keep a guy like this around. He’s made a lot of threats towards other opposition parties and even members of his own. He’s embarrassed the country countless times and yet they still keep him around? Well now we know why.

Like I said. As long as the A.N.C. keeps the country divided they’ll stay in power. So, I’ve come to believe they’re the epitome of evil. Inciting hate amongst whites and misleading the foolish poorer class of blacks in this country just goes to show you their malice.

Their greatest opposition is know as the D.A. (Democratic Alliance). Their leader? Is a white women and you have to give her credit. She’s been kicking ass and gaining support ever since she came on to the stage. Everything counts against her. Firstly she’s a women( in country as moronic as my own that could still be considered as a weakness) and secondly she’s white. The A.N.C., particularly Julius Malema, has been throwing everything they’ve got at this lady yet she still stays strong.

I fear if she, by some miracle, should become president the A.N.C. might cause civil war. Or do something violent to gain back their thrown. Let’s hope it never comes to that.

Back to my question… what am I missing? Because I somehow feel I have a valid reason to hate these scum bags and my anger/hate towards blacks isn’t totally uncalled for in a country that encourages it, now is it?

I mean I feel guilty about it but at the same time I feel it’s justified. I know not all black are the same and we’re all the human race. There’s no real difference except for in our minds. Some of these black people are just mindless sheep being lead by wolves. Not all of them agree with A.N.C. but the majority of them do.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t mind the colour of my leader but I do mind what type of person he is. Has to be someone I can believe in. Has to be someone I feel is doing their best for this country. Though, it’s become clear as night & day that the current government doesn’t have the citizens of this country in mind.

Sometimes wish there could be someone like Mandela again. Someone who actually believed human beings, of all colours, have worth in this country.

Guess I just can’t help feeling like these negative feelings inside me is wrong yet there’s another part that feels it its not. Mainly cause I feel constantly threatened as a human being. I just don’t know which way to turn.

I don’t have an absolute answer because I don’t know what to believe, because I don’t what the truth is anymore.

edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Love is the only answer.

99% same. 1% unique.

Human first.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Be the change you want to see. Your theory,

My theory is this- These racist statements are merely a political tool. All these murders taking place, and the genocide of white farmers that make headlines are just political tools to be taken advantage of.

... isn't too far off. When you can incite the people to fight over meaningless crap just by mentioning a few words, ... wow, how much bang for the buck do you get. The reality is simply that people have to change. When you realize that there is a spirit behind the "meat suit" it really is silly to notice the differences.

Perhaps the best thing we could do to piss off the NWO is to, as a world, rid ourselves of race. From here on out, I ask that everybody start breeding with everybody, so we have just one race. What then?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here in America we whites are often held responsible for slavery even though we weren't even born when it occured.Most whites were not even slave owners mostly it was the wealthy elites.(and our founding fathers)However I have heard black folk accuse me personally of being responsible for what happened to their ancesters.Honest folks I didn't do it I wasn't born yet.Or maybe I was hatched.
Any way it's easier to blame some one else for your problems than to take responsibility for yourself.And if you are a white in black surroundings today you have a target painted on you cause that's the easy way out and requires no self responsibility be taken.Let me offer a link to what Bill Cosby calls his Ghettosburg address: www.eightcitiesmap.com...
edit on 2/13/2011 by lonegurkha because: link

edit on 2/13/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

So true what he said. Guess I was just ranting. Saw that White History Month thread and it trigger me.

Do agree education is the key. For both sides. Can help us understand each other a little better and help these blacks kids get off the streets.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

I realize there's a spirit behind the meat suite. Just bothers me you know. Trying to find a way to get over this because I hate feeling this way. Hate having all this pent up anger inside me. Hate feeling like some criminal. Easier said than done.

It's true the only way to change the world is to change yourself. Change your perception and everything else follows.

Just you can't help but react every time something like this happens.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Can't hold a hand when it's clenched into a fist.

Guess love them anyway, right?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Guess I'm just a sucker for our own news sources. They make money on selling racist stories. It's still a big issue round here even though it shouldn't be. It's a retarded subject to say the least. I get along fine without worrying about race.

Just gotta ignore all this political BS

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I figure that your country had a problem with this subject for so long that It will be a while before people get over the racism.Time to rise above my friend.I know that is not always easy to do.As much as it hurt me to have the black folk I worked with treat me badly I have also made some very good friends who are black and they help a great deal with their perspective on the whole thing.I feel bad for the american blacks who fall for the sterotype that is portrayed in the movies and on TV.They squander the advantages they have because they are in america and end up wasting their lives.Such a shame and a loss to the american people to lose the potential of these people.I worked in the poorer section of a local city .Every day young blacks hanging out at the corner store instead of being in school.Selling drugs and stealing and shooting each other cause that's what they see in the media and they think that is the way to be.The parents are the responsible parties here just like Cosby says.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I understand where you're coming from. But I'm so tired of tolerating what's happening around me. Tolerance has become equivalent to denial. Denial to the fact that my people are getting slaughtered in this country. Now if my complexion was a little darker what is happening to us could be considered genocide or hate crime. But because I'm white the world expects me to be the better man. To be tolerant while we're systematically being wiped out.

Ignorance is bliss but it doesn't solve problems. It's easier to turn a blind eye then actually face the demons. I'm embarrassed to bring up racial issues. I hate bringing it up because it's such a ridiculous subject. Though, deep inside me I cannot ignore it anymore. I can't allow myself to live in denial.

Education is indeed the key but in my current position I can't do anything about it. And why should I? Isn't the job of the people in power to solve these problems. Isn't it their responsibility? Why should I be the better man? Why should I always be the one who understand their plight while my own gets tossed aside? I'm tired of it. They're as much human as I am and as much responsible for their own actions as I am.

I will not tolerate hate against my own people anymore. I will not tolerate racism towards whites in this country. I'll speak out about it. And I'll say f them all.

If the lower class Americans had this mentally, tolerance, when they were being ruled by elitists and the British than the revolution would never have happened.

This might seems foreign to you. The fact that its possible in a country where white men reside they could actually be targeted for hate crimes. But it's in fact a reality in this country.

I don't expect sympathy from the world and I'm sure most white people have given up on asking for help. The needs of black people are always chosen above ours. We're being treated like second class citizens. I know why.

As for love and understanding I won't. An eye for and eye,right? I've tried tolerating it, I've tried understanding, I've tried being colour blind. Doesn't change anything. My people are still getting killed and we are still being treated like second class citizens. We understood it would take a while to get over racial issues but the problems has grown to such an extent that it cannot be ignored anymore.

Like Bill Cosby said.. " Can't blame white people for your own problems '' and you damn well can't expect them to always fix it. It's their responsibility to fix their own troubles.

In short- I will not rise above anything. I'll pay them back the equivalent of what they give me. Sure the problem won't get solved, it can only end up turning into a bloody battle. But it's a consequence I willing to live with.

Screw them! I'm tired of them.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well my friend I don't really know what the situation there is like ,but you are clearly ticked off.I am sure rightfully so.With what it was like for the blacks before they took over,their attitude shouldn't be too suprising.Not saying they're right here.What a shame that they couldn't rise above what they endured.The only thing you get from an eye for an eye is blind.However you are free to do as you please.I had hoped that there was another alternative.But you know your situation better than I .

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

You know you're right as much as I hate to admit it. Gave it some thought and I'm just keeping it alive with my attitude. Yes I can justify my anger but it will never break the cycle. It will take some time and a little discipline to completely put out the fire. Just need to take a break from all the hate around me until I can find a better answer as how to deal with my own anger.

Thanks by the way

Sometimes your questions do get answered. Guess I just needed some advice from someone with a better perspective on these matter. Someone who can look at it with clear mind

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

Glad I could give some perspective.Always willing to help a friend.Good friends are hard to come by.Much luck my friend.

new topics

top topics

join