It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul smear machine already in full effect

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Nothing new with this, really. The Ron Paul supporters spent nearly their entire campaign fighting the media blackout. And of course any time MSM did talk about him, it was to ridicule him and his supporters when they should have been talking about how amazing it was for the grassroots campaign to accomplish all it did. This time around it'll be much more difficult for the MSM to dismiss the movement.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hab22
Ron Paul for president. I still have my yard sign from four years ago.

I'll keep mine up until he is elected.
2nd

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You have to remember too, america is breed to be anti passive males. Ron paul is like the opposite of chuck norris types that your media and people love over there.

Sums up why ron paul cannot get heard, although he is the best person for the job, america considers other things more important.

Americans have too long been obsessed with masculine males, while we can all see ron paul is the opposite and wants the opposite of this.

He has no real chance of election, but i doubt they need to do anything to him either, they just make the votes up, and he knows it. I think he does it more for a different reason.
edit on 2/13/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I really feel the forces that are in control in both political parties, have a mutual interest to belittle and demean 3rd party and nonconformist candidates.....

I hoped by now that everyone understood that the republicans and democrats are both bought and paid for by the Banking/Corporate cartel.

Think folks, WHO owns the mass media?
U.S. Congressional Record February 9, 1917: J.P. Morgan interests bought 25 of America's leading newspapers, and inserted their own editors, in order to control the media. www.mindfully.org...

JP Morgan: Our next big media player? (April 13, 2010) JP Morgan controls 54 U.S. daily newspapers,and owns 31 television stations. www.newsandtech.com...

Media Conglomerates, Mergers, Concentration of Ownership: www.globalissues.org...

Who controls the media www.nowfoundation.org...

Interlocking Directorates
Media corporations share members of the board of directors with a variety of other large corporations, including banks, investment companies, oil companies, health care and pharmaceutical companies and technology companies. This list shows board interlocks for the following major media interests:
www.fair.org...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Regardless of how well they smear Ron Paul or if he gets elected, he still inspiring the youth and adults that are paying attention to politics. He's the only politician worth listening to because he always points out the wrongs and gives actual ideas to right them. By the time Ron Paul retires there will be 1000s of people just like him running for office to fix the nation that will say no to the corruption.

His message has already spread.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The main media is telling the zombie's that there in control, and the "internet kiddies" have no real power.
That money makes the vote, and the internet kiddies are powerless to cause influnce on polictial issues. things like this make me laugh as most can talk in a network faster than the big media gaints using hand held devices.

I wonder who really has the power of influnce who caters to who?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Flagged & starred!

Yep! I ABSOLUTELY see what is happening! They are doing it AGAIN, EXACTLY like before!

It is becoming RIFE on the net everywhere as well! the same type of shills posting on every RP thread labeling him as a "kook" and all of his fans as such as well!

Here comes the same formula of manipulation, disinfo, and ridicule as before people!

'Threat neutralization' of the status quo, of those trying to carry on the same vested interests! Pay close attention, and don't get suckered or influenced by them again!

Listen to the man's message and stances, and draw YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS on whether he will help this country break its hold on the pathology of the 2 party crime system.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Why isn't Ron Paul able to be elected? I'm just curious because I haven't heard this before now.
2nd

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

people are disagreeing with you but you are 100% right.

i also believe he is working for the same masters.

How in the name of god would they allow him to have such a close association with someone like Alex Jones.

I'll tell you how because they both follow the same instruction book , just a different chapter to the current administration but the same book.

its not hard to conceptualize.

Hide behind a constructed visible rotating power base ( government )

Create / fund your so called enemies make them appear to be against you ( Ron Paul , Wiki L , etc etc )

Sit back and watch people either conform or Unite behind a false prophet.

worst case scenario , current government is voted out at the next election, replaced by another puppet.

They control every angle , they would be stupid not to.

The game is rigged

The only thing we can hope for is for the military / police to stop following their orders
and assist in the transition of power.

this is why i expect to see in the next 3-5 years an event which galvanizes 95% of us behind the PTB / usual administration.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I love Ron Paul the fact that he won't get in front of Aipac could be a problem. That's ok he'll get his money elsewhere and get the word out through alternate media.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
YAWN....didn't the same thing happen 4 years ago.

Ron Paul doesn't have any chance at all.

If there was a position called President of the Internet, I am sure he would win, but that's about as far as it goes.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
prime example, thanks.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
YAWN....didn't the same thing happen 4 years ago.

Ron Paul doesn't have any chance at all.

If there was a position called President of the Internet, I am sure he would win, but that's about as far as it goes.

Maybe so but his support is 10000x more than it was then. Even back then he was outraising most of the top condensers. Yes the Internet will play a big role. Mostly old farts still rely on the old dinosaur media anyways.
edit on 13-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I wish he were younger. He's too old for the job.
That's not age-ism .. that's just a fact.
It takes a massive toll on whoever is in .. at whatever age.
A fella his age wouldn't last long.
I WANT to vote for him ... but ....
For me to vote for him I'd have to know he's got a great VP lined up.

He will, Jesse Ventura....

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

i totally agree. my mother is a palin republican, and im trying to show her how the tea party is really the culmination of ron paul's 30 years of speaking the hard truth about this country...that is until it was hijacked by palin! maybe she's been a plant all along. a great movement was turned into to a group who will accept radical right wingers who had no serius polital voice before. rand doesn't make it easy for him either.
i hear many ppl say how great they think ron is, but then in the next breath, they say that his goals are unreachable. i don't believe that. we have to make these hard decisions now, so that maybe our decendants have a future in this country...maybe :|

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

you posted this on another thread. i watched the beginning of his speech three times over, and did not see any hand signals. can you tell me exactly what you are talking about? thanks

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Talk about it in the other thread.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

This guy has been humbugging every Ron Paul thread that i've seen. He should be addressed because there are people out there who are supporting Ron Paul, that have a specific aversion to Masons. That, along with this "hand signal" accusation is enough to divert a suprisingly large number who would otherwise vote for Paul. I just want to call out every speculation and accusation to be defined specifically. Also, If there are legitimate things that can be proven, I want to know. Just think of all the people who read these threads, but aren't members. They skim through, and see this guy repeating this statement in every Paul thread. It should be addressed.
If there are hand signals, I want to see it for myself. I've watched the CPAC speech (5 times now), and still don't see it. Do you know what he's talking about?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

I have to agree, people who say they like this guy but he will never win are the same people that just vote dem or rep all the way down the board. Im tired of people not voting on what they believe in just because they think not enough believe the same thing. Ron Paul is common sense, and if people would stop and listen to him they would see it. He is so hard to argue with because even the Greenspans and Bernanke's of the world know he is right.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

I agree, they may stop him from ever being elected to real power, but he started a revolution that wont stop and when all these old sheep are in the home and cant make it to the polls it will be time to take back our Nation, lets just hope its not too late.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join