It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC -- Again

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
You gotta hand it to the Ron Paul supporters. They are organized. That's what you see here. I witnessed this first hand as a delegate to my state's convention in 2008. They are loud, energetic and insistent and will use any means necessary to forward the Ron Paul agenda. They are also the most impolite group of people I have ever encountered. It;s their way or the highway. They are not in the least "civil."

But Ron Paul's views are in teh left wing of the Republican Party and, frankly, I don;t know why he or his supporters bothers. If they want to run as Libertarians, by all means go run. But here's the bottom line(s).

1. Ron Paul will NOT get the Republican nomination, period.
2. Ron Paul will NEVER be elected President, period.

I don't think all RP supporters are rude. Of course followers of all politicians will have some rude ones.

Why bother? Well I certainly don't want to think I didn't even try to have someone elected that might actually try to make our country better.

I hear a little thought...never say never.

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Ron Paul Calls it Quits in Presidential Race

According to a statement made by Paul on his website, he will not be seeking an independent or third party entrance into the White House - which seemed largely impossible any way with his abysmally low polling numbers. He acknowledges that the Republican nomination has become impossibly out of reach, and has therefore stated that he will "focus on his constituents" at home.

If you consider that quitting, then everyone that doesn't become the republican or democrat nominee eventually has to quit, like Romney and Clinton in 2008. I think he would lose credibility if he switched his party after having run as a republican that year.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
LMAO..Yeah right..
If there's 100 voters and the other guy already has 51 votes then I'd be a quitter if I pulled out..

I gotcha.]

Yet, a single vote had not been cast when he quit...Oh, OK, he didn't quit; rather, he is a defeatist. My bad...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenIndaSun
If you consider that quitting, then everyone that doesn't become the republican or democrat nominee eventually has to quit...

Not true at all. One could hang tough until the nomination is made. Conceding is a gentle way of saying "I quit"

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

LMAO..Yeah right..
If there's 100 voters and the other guy already has 51 votes then I'd be a quitter if I pulled out..

I gotcha.]

Yet, a single vote had not been cast when he quit...Oh, OK, he didn't quit; rather, he is a defeatist. My bad...

Your right, although realising he was in an unwinnable position he should of carried on campaigning, getting more donations and spending it all on a useless campaign..
Much better to do that and pull votes away from the leading Republican McCain..
Was a silly idea to just up and quit and support his parties prefered candidate..
Bad Paul..

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I don't understand how anyone could actually be for anyone other than Ron Paul?

I don't get it.

It seems he is pretty much flawless in my opinion. I can't find any one thing that I disagree with him with.

Last year I was able to get the word out to about 20-30 relatives and friends who then voted for him.

In 2012 I'll double my efforts!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Your right, although realising he was in an unwinnable position he should of carried on campaigning, getting more donations and spending it all on a useless campaign..
Much better to do that and pull votes away from the leading Republican McCain..
Was a silly idea to just up and quit and support his parties prefered candidate..
Bad Paul..

Fair enough! So it's official, RP tows the party line. Typical politician. Given his 35 years of service to the conservatives, it leaves no doubt that he would concede to the front runner. what's the old adage??? "If you can't beat 'em, then join 'em". That attitude has certainly kept his political career alive.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Mate, you can twist it anyway you like.

I doubt you have changed one persons view on Ron Paul..

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well OK then,
Let's just chalk up Aggie as no NO vote for RP and let him be.

Moving on...

I personally am not feeling any interest in Romney yet, I get a "McCain the Second" vibe from him.
Besides, Romney is responsible for instituting in MA the first version of the Obama health-care plan he will be expected to campaign against in 2012.

There are only two possibilities in my opinion: Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich.
If Obama faces either one of these men in one-on-one debate, well it's game over for him.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuyverUnit I
If Obama faces either one of these men in one-on-one debate, well it's game over for him.

Yeah, RP speaks well..unpressed. Put him in a debate and his simpleton mind will be destroyed in debate. Thus, the reason he is a quitter. He's all hype, no substance. mark my words. I'll drop out of this debate from here forward; yet, I will bookmark this page to ridicule the handful of RP supporters that actually believe he stands a snowball's chance. Catch you on the flip-side with an enormous LOL
edit on 12-2-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Yeah, RP speaks well..unpressed. Put him in a debate and his simpleton mind will be destroyed in debate. Thus, the reason he is a quitter. He's all hype, no substance. mark my words. I'll drop out of this debate from here forward; yet, I will bookmark this page to ridicule the handful of RP supporters that actually believe he stands a snowball's chance. Catch you on the flip-side with an enormous LOL

Ok, who is your magical puppet candidate?

If America was full of people like you, we'd never be able to move forward. No wonder we've been stuck in this dark age.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Ok, who is your magical puppet candidate?

If America was full of people like you, we'd never be able to move forward. No wonder we've been stuck in this dark age.

Magical puppet candidate? I'm not a fanboy of anyone. I call them like I see them. Who is your "puppet" of choice? Ron Paul obviously. Try some originality and get back to me...or follow the sheeple and keep minding your alternate reality, in which, RP is relevant.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Why all the useless comments?????

He won't win because he's too honest
He might win because he's corrupt....

Why not......
I will vote for Ron Paul because he's not bought and has been fighting for both our freedom and economic peace of mind for over 30years????????????

Why such a loser attitude?
I don't get it????

Hey look at me.. i'm a complete idiot and i'm going to vote for my oppressor!!!!!
That's the thing with Obama
He campaigned on change... change must come from the people first
The people have to change the way they vote... only then will tptb change

it's almost 2012 and people still haven't realize that yet

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I don't think Ron Paul will win the Republican nomination... I guess he is just to left leaning for most republicans liking... Honestly though, if they hope to get a republican in office in 2012, I think he is their best bet.

I do tend to be more left leaning... I would vote for him....A guy who is fair, tells it like it is, and is politically middle of the road, more or less. The country could really use him, I think.

We will have to wait and see, I suppose.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I think this is great news. I did some grassroots campaigning for his first run, and I met some of the best people I know during that time. We made the front page of the local newspaper with some of the stunts we did.
Good times. I'll definately be in his corner for the second round.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join