It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alcohol kills more than AIDS, TB or violence

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
*sigh*
all things in moderation...
I beleive in the theory that one should rotate through the vices and not get to involved with anyone of them too deeply.
To be civilized one must be responsible for ones actions.

life kills after all.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
You could also link alcohol and AIDS/violence.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I would take ecstasy over alcohol as it's far safer.

I don't take either by the way but If I had the choice that's what it would be. Or gas/air as they give you in hospitals. Make a pub airtight and pump that in.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by miracleretiree
You could also link alcohol and AIDS/violence.

........No.

2nd line.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

*sigh* tell you what, I'll make a thread about why I believe this very soon and P2P the link to you. I think everyone should be able to back up their believes with facts or at least a reasonable explanation, and the topic of God and the Bible is no exception. Nev er go on blind faith, that's the making of a cult.

It will take much more than a post reply to explain it all though, but for now, read this:

Ps 12:6-7 "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."

Either God lied, or the words of God are still around, in some form, in which we can read it, today. Depends of what you think of the Holy Bible that governs this world, weather you or I like it or not.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KingKeever1611

Ok I will keep an eye out for that then. One big problem I have with the whole god theory: If it happened like how the bible said, he made a huge fail. The number one commandment should have been "Thou sall not make up any other languages" that way there would have been no problem with translating his word into 50 million different tongues. If you are bilingual, you know what I mean. There is no perfect way to translate, and things always get lost in translation.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Why Dimensional Detective, do you have a problem with the WHO? Is it the general American dislike of the United Nations, or is there something more?

I have no problem at all believing these stats. My younger son is just the latest of many people I know who have worked in drug and alcohol rehab, and I have seen at first hand, the incredible damage caused by alcohol...

Vicky

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

In my opinion, a lot of the distrust of the WHO stems from the swine flu "epidemic" that they pushed so hard.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
I remember reading somewhere that THC actually kills the cancerous cells before they spread. Don't know if this is true or not.

As for the alchohol thing 4% of deaths worldwide? I don't know how on earth they could compile those numbers. Plus they say 30% of alcohol is from illegal home brew. How do they come up with that number too. Sounds like a war on alcohol brewing. Based on how the war on poverty and the war on drugs has gone sounds like somebody is gonna be reaching into our pockets again.

Interesting points indeed. I feel a monster alcohol tax coming, just like with cigarettes.

But, why are the pharmaceutical drugs not getting the proper attention for their problems in society? Drug companies can create all the havoc they want, with no one to stop them. That is, until people start complaining, and then they finally take it off the shelves, but then put another toxin in its place. So, the drug industry continues to make money despite the issues.

Alcohol is the easiest "drug" to get, so it would be an easy poison to die from. You can walk into a grocery store and buy it with an ID. It's not really the fault of alcohol. It is the easiest way to escape your worries, and you don't have to risk going to a drug dealer.

But, I find nothing with a little social drinking. Sometimes I love a good beer, but I don't drink a lot anymore. A beer or three now and then. I don't really agree with other drugs though.

Troy

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Vicky32

In my opinion, a lot of the distrust of the WHO stems from the swine flu "epidemic" that they pushed so hard.

I am assured by my son who works in the cardiothoracic unit of New Zealand's best hospital, that swine flu really happened! The people who died here were people with pre-existing conditons, and a plane load of kids who'd been on a school trip got it...
(It was not a pandemic, but. So, I'll give you that..) That being said, it could have been, so the panic was not such a bad thing.
Vicky

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join