Alcohol kills more than AIDS, TB or violence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
To whomever of you enjoy buying into the propaganda:

Across the board drugs will effect you negatively in one way or another. This is obvious and in my opinion self evident. I am speaking of all drugs from pharmaceutics to caffeine and everything in between.

You can get positive results from mind altering to symptom relief to a little extra energy.

Reality is our healthcare organizations and governments have latched onto the self evident negative effects and have blown some out of proportion and downplayed others depending on the drug. Alcohol has been downplayed for a few decades now so this is news. Now the astute among us are wondering what the WHO is up to.

They have exploded the effects of tobacco use in to raise tax revenue and ... well I'm not positive what other reasons exist. Alcohol is very dangerous if abused and the connections are much clearer than many other villainised substances. Why now is this coming out?

By the way if you do real research and check studies and methods you will find little correlation actually exists to support the negative effects of most illegal drugs rather an explosion of the mind altering and addictive qualities and a huge mix of lies and mis-truths.

So the real question is what is being gained by the very measured releases about drug effects by health organizations?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Well to you, it was what he interpreted it as... and there is no sense in arguing other wise.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tribaltrip

Whatever. Besides Beavis is looking for ya, he's got a bong hit with your name on it.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

You made a funny... You made me laugh.. I accepted it.
Besides you aren't too far from the truth, though as to whether if I was Butthead or not is whole new thread.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tribaltrip

Coolio, I'm meeting Harold and Kumar at White Castle if you get hungry later. We good then?
edit on 11-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
The top three causes of death in US males ages 18-35 are 1. Accidents 2. Homocide 3. Suicide

(that's what my doctor told me)

Accidents... Alcohol related...... Homocide....... Alcohol related...... Suicide.......Alcohol related....

Your doctor was right.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Cheers.
Second line.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Please respect the traditions, they're in place for a reason.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Excellent thread detective. I would be interested to see how many out of the 4% were americans. If it were possible. As a recovering alcoholic I can tell you first hand, it is a demon. Makes you feel good, until you wake up and find out you tried killing yourself, as well as slept with a 400lbs red head. Ruined my life for a long time, but I don't know what we could do to prevent it. More awareness programs? I know there are already many but im just throwing out an idea. Either way thanks for the post.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'll drink to that!

Something that really annoys me is this. Why are people in these posts allowed to refer to marijuana, when I have made posts about mj that have been blocked?

I am not a mj user, but I think it is a very useful drug.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Good question. I wish I had an answer lol. MJ was never really my thing so it would be naive for me to try and bash it or support it. I have heard great arguements on both sides though. I will say I think alcohol is way more dangerous, and I think statistics can show that. So for one to be legal and the other not....dumb IMO

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by James1982

lol son im not going to post my drug history on the internet so you can see if im telling the truth. Anyone can make up crap but I'm telling the truth and yes there has been stuff that i have done thats harder the weed. I know you can get high off morning glory seeds look it up, and if you buy a special type of cough syrup which is over the counter i might add you can get high off it. LOL some people are getting high off bathing salts here's the article www.washingtonpost.com... The three i posted i have never done or will do. If you want info on any type of drug i suggest this website www.erowid.org... i hope you use it for education purposes only. Personally im done with drugs but i do smoke cigs and i no longer drink
edit on 11-2-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

How about you stop calling people "son" it either makes you look like some "gangsta" wannabe or some washed up old fart that thinks because he's old he knows what he is talking about. Neither is a very positive image, at least in most people's book. LOL

Lets look at what you said:

"I have done a lot of drugs in my day weed was one of the strongest its effects last for years on its users"

How about this, go down to the area where all the junkies hang out. Ask all the crack heads, heroin fiends, and meth addicts about their addiction. I can guarantee not one of them will say "yeah this heroin sure is kicking my ass... but it's NOTHING compared to that Marijuana stuff I played around with, that stuff is no joke!"

Which is why I doubt you have done any serious drugs, if Marijuana was the strongest. Sounds like you are just making stuff up to fit some anti-marijuana agenda you have.

You also say:

"I know you can get high off morning glory seeds look it up, and if you buy a special type of cough syrup which is over the counter i might add you can get high off it."

What does this have to do with anything? And I don't think there is anything "special" about robitussin, which is what you are talking about I'm assuming (contains DXM) and it doesn't make you high, it makes you delirious.

Thanks for the link to Erowid BTW, a site that every middle school kid trying to figure out how to get high off nutmeg knows about

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
Makes you feel good, until you wake up and find out you tried killing yourself, as well as slept with a 400lbs red head. Ruined my life for a long time, but I don't know what we could do to prevent it. More awareness programs? I know there are already many but im just throwing out an idea. Either way thanks for the post.

OUCH! Sorry to hear about your troubles man, I'm glad your doing better now (you are "on the wagon" as they say, right?)

Stay strong and stay positive!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

No, or else his doctor would have told him 'alcohol related deaths,' among those listed. It does in itself withstand its own category to be clear. However this being said they (alcohol related deaths) are on the rise globally.
edit on 12-2-2011 by born2BWild because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Alcohol is kept legal to keep people stupid and violent. Stupid violent people are easier to control after all.
There are a lot of reasons why alcohol is legal...the main one is the amount of tax it produces worldwide.
MJ can be grown in your closet....unable to tax you.
You cant grow enough tobacco or alcohol for your own consumption....thats why they can tax you on them....and why these HIGHLY dangerous drugs are legal. If it makes money they dont care about the risks.
Billions of our tax £/$ are spent on alcohol related crime and death each year. If alcohol were banned/illegal we wouldnt need half of our police forces and taxes wouldnt need to be so high.
Now...if there was only half of the available police...how could the government MAKE you do what they wanted?? Ie: Pay fines for swearing, or paying a fine for not wearing a seatbelt. All to increase revnue so we can invade other countries without OUR consent.
Alcohol is highly dangerous....its up there with Heroin...well its more harmful than Heroin!! Tax...and big Pharma!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Interesting. Alcohol kills more than AIDS, TB, and violence? So do cars, when combined with alcohol or not.

Too bad that in stressful times, alcohol is what so many turn to to numb the pain. Didn't someone once do a study that showed that the worse times got, particularly for slave workers, the cheaper and more available the government made alcohol? Or wait...maybe that was just my dad's story/theory about life and times in the USSR.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Firstly, for those who have an interest in distilling, it is know that if one uses FRUIT to ferment, there is no harmful feusil oils which come across in distilling.If one uses corn, wheat, rye etc, then the poisons have a chance of crossing over to you drink.
As an old moonshiner, i have made alchohol out of many things. corn, millasses, fruit, you name it.
I only quit one day after waking up with the worst hangover, and puking blood.
Funni thing though, i simply switched to full time smoker.
Have never had a hangover or any serious consequence from MJ.
Ive seen the abuse of alchohol cause all kinds oftrouble and violence.
dont recall seeing much of anything at all like that from potheads.
I truely think any drug problem is inherant from our own physical charactaristics.
I am prescribed narcotics for serious pain for over ten years.
I find pot actually lengthens their effects(allowing smaller doses)as well as mitigates their physical discomforts. (such as upset stmach)which causes me to skip meals.)
Alchohol is one of the most insideousa drugs available.
But again, it is largely the drinkers pysiology which determines whether the drinker gets addicted.
The prolonged use of booze will however bring on that addiction even in those who are naturally resistant to it.
Havin used the weed for +40 yrs, i know that it is not the same kind of situation.
As for weed being GM drug now, well....youve never tried Michoacan weed?
I was scoring it for 40$ a lid in frisco in 67 when it was 7$ a lid for bushwa.
The stuff is the second stringest pot i ever smoked.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
One day long ago while visiting his home village in eastern Europe, my grandfather stopped by the cemetary on the hill.

What he counted was approximately forty ((40)) headstones of men his age, some that he knew well, that died way too young essentially from alcohol.

That is when he gave up drinking.
(perhaps he counted 40 widows that were now at his disposal)

My hero.

G.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by born2BWild
reply to post by Shadow Herder

No, or else his doctor would have told him 'alcohol related deaths,' among those listed. It does in itself withstand its own category to be clear. However this being said they (alcohol related deaths) are on the rise globally.

Oh brother...... You need to research a little before commenting.......

One in 25 deaths across the globe can be directly attributed to alcohol consumption, according to new research from the Toronto-based Centre for Addiction and Mental Health.

Accidents:
41% of all deaths from falls, - Alcohol related.....
30% of drowning deaths,
25% of boating deaths,
and 45 - 55% of fire fatalities are alcohol related.
Crimes:
55 - 75% of homicide victims and
40% of rape offenders had been drinking at the time of the incident;
50% of those who commit sex abuse crimes also abuse alcohol.
Suicides:
80% of all adolescent suicides have been reported to be children of alcoholic parents.
Family Violence:
In 44 - 70% of the reported cases of battered women, the offender was drunk.
70% of adult women alcoholics were sexually abused as children.
Children of alcoholic parents are twice as likely to develop their own alcohol problems.
Juvenile Delinquency:
82% of adjudicated delinquent adolescents had at least one alcoholic parent.
www.extension.umn.edu...

Your wife and husbands cheat on you almost guaranteed when they drink..... You son or daughter may not be yours because your wife is too embarrassed that she had sex with that hot guy when she was drinking. I have no pitty for people who defend alcoholism.

edit on 12-2-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Your wife and husbands cheat on you almost guaranteed when they drink..... You son or daughter may not be yours because your wife is too embarrassed that she had sex with that hot guy when she was drinking. I have no pitty for people who defend alcoholism.

Lmao! Sorry dude, but that is really pushing it... I have never cheated on anyone, and I have had plenty of chances to do so. Drinking does not make people cheat, unless they had it on their mind already. If you are an angry prick, get drunk chances are you turn into an even more angry prick. If you want to die, alcohol may give you the balls to actually try to kill yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join