It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tribute To The Tenacious Egyptians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I woke up this morning to hear the Egyptians celebrating their victories in the streets of Cairo. Neformore had posted a song by Queen "We Are The Champions" and I felt very moved by the song and the events in Egypt and made a quick video. Enjoy.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Egypt has found reason to be proud of its children. Democracy is imminent in the shadow of the pyramids, how fascinating. Good on you all.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Good to them !

I hope they may be an inspiration to the world.

Power lies in people, in numbers.

Let the rest of us follow suit and drive out the rats.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

S & F!!!

That needs to go viral, big time. I saw that same post with just the audio and thought what better song to use for a tribute - but you sure hell knocked my socks off!

Maybe I'm simple, but whenever people stand up and seize their god-given rights, and do so while displaying such a level of bravery against incredible odds, the knot in my throat makes it hard to swallow and the old eyes get moist.

Like right now.

Thanks for this.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Heres another possible for a great video: the Scorpions "Winds Of Change" they wrote for the fall of the wall and the USSR.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Not so fast there hot shot
I ain't for the ousted leader but these same folks will be dancing and celebrating the next time the US gets hit, in much the same way they're doing now, with or without MuBarack.

We are the champions?
Put it in perspective, these same folks would be dancing and cheering if they happened to stone Freddie Mercury for being gay.
AYE CARAMBA!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

First off let me say thanks for watching the video

I've spent the last few weeks watching the events unfold in Egypt. I've primarily followed the event via Al-jeezera's live feed on their website. Then I would get the full picture by coming here and reading CNN and NYTimes. I've felt pain, sadness and anger while watching the youth of Egypt, for the most part peacefully, demonstrate their message. They wanted the same freedoms I enjoy here in the states. Yesterday I waited for hours to hear if Mubarak is really stepping down, only to hear he'll not be. He'll be "transferring" his power to his puppet VP Suileman. I felt the same anger those felt in the SQ. I awoke today to find an entirely different story unfolding....The protestors winning!

Will they be dancing in the streets cheering and celebrating the "if" or "when" the Untied States gets hit? Maybe, maybe not. I know the people of Egypt were disappointed with how Obama handled the affairs. I like to hope that Obama, given the extremely difficult circumstances, did the best job he could. Maybe I'm naive but I understand that dealing in the middle east is very volatile, damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I'm sorry the video didn't touch you, the most interesting man, but that's what I did this morning to express my feelings about today.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Red_xi

Correct look what happened to jesus,thank god its all over and we can see the next news chapter and verse in a month,can`t wait.
I don`t feel anything for leaders,nero,constantine,ceaser,hitler,mussolini,figureheads that need to be so we can eat them up on a bad day,bad guy,good guy,oh such simplicity,life is full of wonder.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I can't even describe how proud I am even though so many are afraid of the What ifs. Our Egyptian brothers and sisters are free from a crazy, corrupt fool who indulged in torturing and abusing "his people" to the extent of even trying to control their history. I for one am extremely elated to his and his cronies departure.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

So what? They're entitled to have their opinions.

America's entire media and government system was in a state of perpetual orgasm while reducing Muslim women and children to meat-flavored paste in the massive bombing of Iraq, as were a huge number of Americans, possibly including yourself. Frankly nobody in this country is the least bit entitled to get their panties in a bunch if someone somewhere else dances over Americans dying; we do it all the goddamned time, after all.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

So does that mean you too will be cheering and dancing in the streets once we get attacked, again?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

How about Power to the People by John Lennon?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Put it in perspective, these same folks would be dancing and cheering if they happened to stone Freddie Mercury for being gay.

Somebody didn't have their Cheerios this morning. While they're at it, here is another gay guy they can stone while singing their praises. Wait a second...he already is stoned.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
So amazing how powerful a country is when everyone is united,

I am happy they all got what they deserved.

NOW internet be turned on!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

So does that mean you too will be cheering and dancing in the streets once we get attacked, again?

Well I guess that's if you believe they attacked a first time..

And I don't recall any Egyptians being involved anyways..
Good on you though for grouping them all as one..

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Well said my dear friend. I don't recall egypt having anything to do with attacking us. Their will always be radicals in every country, doesn't give you the right to group them together and base a whole country off of a few negatives.

Australia is an exception I will say....majority of their women are f....g gorgeous.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I wouldn't be so precipitous in popping those Champaign bottles just yet.

So far nothing has been achieved, and the true forces behind this movement have yet to show their hands. Mubarak might be gone, but who is to say something worst isn't on it's way?
I find the notion of "spontaneous popular movements" a bit hard to swallow...we shall see.

Having say that, I really don't care...the people of Egypt will get what they paid for, or were paid for.
Either way there will continue to be decades of mass-poverty, under-employment, and starvation, for the majority of the people of Egypt. But I guess that's their problem...

I really don't trust the line "anything but...", as a revolutionary slogan, and so far have seen no alternatives, no solutions, no leaders, and no programs, being proposed...aside from the exile of Mubarak, and his Millions (guess he'll make this years Fortune 500)...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy

Well said my dear friend. I don't recall egypt having anything to do with attacking us. Their will always be radicals in every country, doesn't give you the right to group them together and base a whole country off of a few negatives.

Australia is an exception I will say....majority of their women are f....g gorgeous.

Yeah generalization seems to be the norm though...
Ain't they all rag heads with bombs strapped to their waist?

lol, many say that about our women but to me they are the same in every country...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Can't argue with that....sometimes the norm is nothing but followers, bobbleheads. Let's be extraordinary ....like aussie women

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy

Can't argue with that....sometimes the norm is nothing but followers, bobbleheads. Let's be extraordinary ....like aussie women

lol, I can see you talking the wife into a holiday to Australia...
Hit the Gold Coast but not during schoolies week..
Way too many 18 year old blondes on the beach that week.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join