It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vivid dreams over the last few months

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
heya just wanted to say that i saw a ufo 6 months ago and have been having reallly vivid dreams for 2-3 months... mostly nightmares.. involving people i know... just crazyness

ive been looking into this a little bit, but dont know my reason for these crazy ass dreams.. im not stressed or anything...

I guess my real question is... Can I make them stop?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The more you think about the dreams, the more you will dream.

Stop thinking about it, and it will probably stop.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
The more you think about the dreams, the more you will dream.

Stop thinking about it, and it will probably stop.

well I try not to, but its not exactly easy when they are soooo messed up

last night was full of crazy dreams....

i mean, like full storys and adventures... 10 different fictional days playing out in my mind in one night... like i said before... they involved people i know, directly and indirectly... for example in one dream i was moving into a house with like 20 people i went to high school with,
and my last dream, i was on my favourite radio show... a call in show about mma (the jordan breen show on the sherdog radio network) and i was having a long discussion with him and a few others about MMA, but for some reason i was actually in the room with them, anyways everything was going well untill somebody hit my foot (my foot is actually hurt in real life) which in turn made me flail and hit jordan breen... well as you can imagine he was not too happy about that, and i vividly remember trying to explain to him that my foot is really badly hurt and i didnt mean to hit him...... well he was pissed, so he "cut" me... now that usually means just hanging up becuase its a call in show... but i was actually there in my dream.. so when the conversation ended.. i was just in a dark room staring at a phone, wondering wtf just happened to me on the JBS,
then i woke up...

another dream i had involved my school work (im about to go back to collage)

and ive been having dreams about ufos, aliens occasianally too..

like i said ive been having them since i saw a UFO..... i guess my minds just been working overtime
edit on 12-2-2011 by legitbrah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Can you remember the UFO/alien dreams you had?

Might be several reasons for me to ask that but I won't lead you anywhere psychologically, merely sit back for now and listen.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Might be several reasons for me to ask that but I won't lead you anywhere psychologically, merely sit back for now and listen.

I think you misunderstood. The OP seems to be saying that they saw a UFO in real life and since then they have been having really bizarre and vivid dreams.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Nope, he/she specifically mentioned having dreams of aliens and UFOs too, the line above the "since I saw a UFO" line near the end of the post above mine.

Thanks for trying to point something out though, second guessed myself at first lol

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

its been a little while now... but a few weeks ago I had one where I and other people were in a plane and we were tripping out because "the extra terrestrials" were trying to get into our plane, and they were getting in through some trap door in the bottom of the plane... and we didnt do anything about it... just hid in a corner and awatied our doom... thankfully i woke up before i saw the aliens... like i was already so scared at the thought of them in the same plane as me that i woke up..

another one a few months ago, I remember chilling on the beach with some friends, in the daytime, and we see a flying saucer.... same feeling... kinda scared, didnt know what to do...

I've been reasurching this UFO/alien business quite a bit since i saw a real UFO in augest 2010

im sure there have been more ufo/alien dreams, but i cannot recall right now... dreams are hard to remember..
that airplane one was scary tho... i dont like these nightmares every night... plz help
edit on 12-2-2011 by legitbrah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, unfortunately the only suggestion for help I can provide is to maybe see a psychologist and see if they can help at least as far as stopping the nightmares. Whether it gets rid of them completely or just blocks them out I dont know.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
thanks, i'll keep that in mind...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
considering the dreams i had last night i should probably go see a psychiatrist......

or figure out my life's anxieties on my own

cuz thats ovbeously whats causing them

since all my dreams relate to my life

and my life is 100% anxiety

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
looking into getting a dreamcatcher...

i dont like these dreams one bit.

nightmares.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
had another ufo dream 2 nights ago... really weird looking ufo flying toward me and other people i know... again we were on the beach/ in the ocean

and last night had crazy vivid dreams about lots of people in my life,,, crazyness... and had a yelling arguement and a fight with someone im pissed off at

its scary how much my mind works at night.. and what kind of crazy stories its capable of creating...

i want to learn how to lucid dream to harness this power...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by legitbrah
had another ufo dream 2 nights ago... really weird looking ufo flying toward me and other people i know... again we were on the beach/ in the ocean

and last night had crazy vivid dreams about lots of people in my life,,, crazyness... and had a yelling arguement and a fight with someone im pissed off at

its scary how much my mind works at night.. and what kind of crazy stories its capable of creating...

i want to learn how to lucid dream to harness this power...

I am going to be lazy here and just copy & paste some suggestions I gave another person
(these do not fit exactly to your situation, but some of them may help
) :

"Here are some things that I suggest:

1. Since you have a lot of these dreams that you can examine, I think you should try to look for all the common patterns/elements/themes/etc in these dreams, so you can use that knowledge to help you do some of my other suggestions.

2. Once you have done that, I suggest use that knowledge to practice recognizing these dreams, in the real world by/through the forms of thought/written language/spoken language/physical action/feelings/etc; so that you can recognize these dreams while you are in the dream, so that you can apply some of my suggestions that I am about to mention.

Examples:

In the real world you can Think about some of these Patterns/Feelings that you recognized from those dreams, in a way that will help you to recognize one of these dreams while dreaming, and hopefully you will remember to use some of the suggestions that I am about to suggest.

In the real world you can Read some of these patterns that you wrote down, in a way that will also help you to recognize these dreams while dreaming, with the hope that you will also remember the suggestions that I will suggest.

In the real world you can Talk about some of these patterns that you remembered, in a way that will help you recognize these dreams while dreaming, and hopefully this will trigger your memories of suggestions to try.

In the real world you can Physically practice some common defenses that will help you defend yourself in these dreams, while you try some of my suggestions.

Etc, etc, etc.

3. At that point you can use that knowledge and would have trained yourself to be ready to hopefully better recognize these dreams while in the dream and you can try to either make the dreams go Lucid and/or start Questioning the dream characters.

Examples:

Since you are a Less-violent person and since Violence does not seem to be fixing the problem, I think you should try to Question the Attackers and/or Command them to Stop.

You can practice this for Lucid and/or Non-Lucid dreams, but being able to go Lucid usually give you more control and power.

Either way, you can try to ask the Attackers Questions such as:

Who are you?

What are you?

What do you want?

Why are you attacking me?

What do you want me to learn?

Is this a dream?

Are you a dream character?

Are you part of me/myself?

Etc.

If the Attacker or Attackers keep/keeps attacking, try using some Dodges and Blocks that you should have practiced in the real world already, to defend yourself while still Questioning and/or trying to Command the Attacker/Attackers.

If you have practiced recognizing the dream Patterns for these dreams and/or have asked the right Questions and/or got the right Answers, you may be able to realize it is a dream and go Lucid, and hopefully take charge of the dream.

Also try to release or let go of any Fear, you should also have already practiced this in the real world, remember to practice letting go of the Fear or letting the Fear pass; before you confront the Attacker/Attackers; because sometimes they seem to Feed off of the Fear and it makes them More Powerful, which is not what you want.

I should have mentioned that earlier, oops.

Once you have dealt with the Fear, then start to Question and/or Command the Attacker/Attackers.

If all of that fails, then you may have to try to Summon and/or Command other dream characters to help you, which you should also have practiced in the real world but I forgot to mentioned that, oops.

These Other Dream Characters, could help defend you while you try to Question and/or Command your Attacker/Attackers.

If all of that fails, then you will have to either Kill the Attacker/Attackers as usual, Run, or Wake Yourself Up; and try again next time."

Basically, practicing trying to take charge of your dream and/or trying not to let the fear control you and/or trying to figure out what the dream characters/dream environment wants and/or it is trying to tell you, etc may help.

Learning to increase your changes of lucid dreaming and keeping them stable, would probably really help a lot.

If you can learn to face your fears in many of your dreams, that probably will really help, and practicing that in the real world may be helpful for you.

Sometimes you can turn a negative dream positive, but sometimes you may have to fight and/or escape the dream, it depends; you do not always have to face things alone in dreams, you can sometimes summon other characters to help you and/or talk to/command your attacker/attackers to stop.

Anyway, enough of my jibber jabber, good luck.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
thanks.

I'm gonna keep reading up on this subject..

I like the last part about fear... and I believe the same is true for anxiety

I do need to do things different and think differantly in the "real world"

im gonna try to work on these things everyday and hopefully soon my day life and sleepy time will be better

I've always noticed the mood im in and what im thinking about durring the day has a huge effect on my dreams

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I may be a stupid 18 yr old kid

but at least I know and accept that

and am willing to learn and improve

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

thanks.

I'm gonna keep reading up on this subject..

I like the last part about fear... and I believe the same is true for anxiety

I do need to do things different and think differantly in the "real world"

im gonna try to work on these things everyday and hopefully soon my day life and sleepy time will be better

I've always noticed the mood im in and what im thinking about durring the day has a huge effect on my dreams

Good.
I think you will learn even more as you study & compare those things and your dreaming & waking worlds; and I think that you will eventually have some better dreams and/or will learn to have better control in your dreams.

Good luck and remember, you are the dreamer, now use that to your advantage.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well last night didn't go so well... Between running from cops, getting in the passanger seat of a cop car while my friend steals it, and fighting again (got 1-punched)

.... i can never fight well in my dreams..

and I can never realize I'm in the dream becuase its soo real!

but I'm going to keep trying

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by legitbrah

Well, at least you are trying, it usually takes time.

Also, remember violence is not always the way to deal with some of these dream situations, sometimes you can use verbal commands and/or questions.

But it can be very hard in dreams that seem very real, as you already know.

Good luck and thank you for the update.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDreamerCalledJohn
reply to post by legitbrah

Well, at least you are trying, it usually takes time.

Also, remember violence is not always the way to deal with some of these dream situations, sometimes you can use verbal commands and/or questions.

But it can be very hard in dreams that seem very real, as you already know.

Good luck and thank you for the update.

The dream is so real that usually I am talking, but I have no controal over what I am saying and thinking.

Its crazy ...

I think the only way I will be able to fully get over nightmares is to learn to lucid dream, and realize that i'm dreaming...

But i'm going to start making a dream journal tonight (something I should have done a long time ago), and I'll relpy back in a few days

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

looking into getting a dreamcatcher...

i dont like these dreams one bit.

nightmares.

It sounds like you are working through your fears in your dreams, that's all. This is causing you a lot of anxiety, but you are okay, right? You need to find a safe place within you to be calm and centered. I think the catalyst is the sighting of the UFO and your sleep pattern is more restless? Think of yourself as a divine being and you have your own power within you that has guided you this far and will continue.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join