It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman’s rights under assault by Republican Party

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
One of the greatest examples of the sheer stupidity of the American people are woman voting republican, and now the troglodyte anti-human conservative republicans are steaming forward with due diligence in striping American woman of their hard fought for rights.

Amazingly the American people, who had the sense in 2008 in almost relegating the anti-human republican party to the trash bin of history they belong in—as they are the number one group in the world holding back human progress and development—have gone back to being subject to deception as they have revived the republican devil in the 2010 elections.

Now we are beginning to see the folly of that; particularly woman’s rights are being savaged by the republican congress as the op-ed link informs.

This is only the beginning; expect an assault on ALL minority rights such as for instance the voting rights act, by the republican bigots and cuts in programs for the poor.

They often use the excuse of balancing the budget, as they cut programs for ordinary Americans and continue their assault on the rights of woman and minorities, and non rich Americans.

These foul liars and anti-human hypocrites have always been the prime source of increasing the federal deficit; have now all of a sudden become deficit hawks.

It was Ronald Reagan, the republican senile puppet of the rich and superrich, who first gave us a deficit more than all of them combined in American economic history, and then another republican, the war criminal George Bush, who gave us the new record in budget deficits by initiating the 2008 bailout of the Wall Street super-rich, along with the adventure of the illegal Iraq war.

I only hope that woman in America understand that they are under assault by the Republican Party, and if they don’t then expect to loose the rights and small degree of equality you have gained over the years.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

WASHINGTON -- Women's reproductive rights are being seriously threatened by the Republican Party, according to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who said she is worried that many women are complacent about the possibility that they will lose access to abortions.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Well, let's be honest. This sums up the attitudes of most Republicans towards women:

The only reason this half-baked Alaska has ANY chance is because of this. Can't expect much respect for the rest of the double-X population.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well the first of these proposed bills is HR 3, the No Taxpayer Funding For Abortion Act. Read it here This proposal is less than 2 weeks old and still has to make it through all committee assignments, have a finished report, be voted on by the house, by the senate, as well as repeat the process should any of the proposal be amended....very very long process, and it will be considerably changed before it ever makes it to the Pres desk...oh and by the way he wuold have to sign it into effect, so women's rights could not actually be assaulted unless Obama signs it....

Let's see which Dem's signed off as co-sponsers here...Dan Boren - OK, Jerry Costello -- IL, Mark Critz --PA, Joe Donnelly -- IL, Daniel Lipinski -- IL, Mike McIntyre -- NC, Collin Peterson -- MN, Mike Ross --AR (but when could we ever trust the Dem's from AR), Heath Shuler -- NC

So let's take all of the disgusting adjectives that you have so eloquently used here and apply it also to the above named.

Second proposal:
H.R. 217 Title X Abortion Provider Prohibition Act source
Again just one month old and still in the first stages of committe deliberation....
Lipinski, McIntyre, Shuler, again on this bill. Again cue eloquent adjectives for these guys.

Third proposal:
H.R. 358 Protect Life Act source
Again the very infancy of committee assignment. Again will not affect anyone unless passed by both houses of Congress and signed by Obama.
Critz, Lipinski, Nick Rahall -- WV, Ross, Shuler, cosponsers on this one. Again cue eloquent adjectives for these Dems, plus about a dozen female members of Congress oh and everyone's favorite Ron Paul on all three bills.

This is not an assault on women's rights, this is common in the opening days of a new legislative sessions, especially directly following an inauguration. Pelosi is sensationalizing as usual, she knows, just like we all should, that not one of these proposed bills will ever make it to Obama's desk for a signature, at least not in its current form, which again is only in its infancy. This is nothing more than a rallying cry from Pelosi to try and bring the left front back together with a common enemy, in this case these bills. Desperate move and I doubt that anyone who pays attention will actually fall for it.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Are you a woman?

To answer you, I have no problems labeling those blue dogs--dogs!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
One of the greatest examples of the sheer stupidity of the American people are woman voting republican, and now the troglodyte anti-human conservative republicans are steaming forward with due diligence in striping American woman of their hard fought for rights.

REPLY: "Rights" .... plural. What "rights" are you being deprived of? Women have the same rights as everyone else in America. And, no, there is no "right" to an abortion. We have Constitutional rights.... not human rights.

"Amazingly the American people, who had the sense in 2008 in almost relegating the anti-human republican party...

REPLY: Anti-human? Sound more like abortion to me.

"Now we are beginning to see the folly of that; particularly woman’s rights are being savaged by the republican congress as the op-ed link informs."

REPLY: Please link to a somewhat less biased, more credible link, please.

This is only the beginning; expect an assault on ALL minority rights such as for instance the voting rights act, by the republican bigots and cuts in programs for the poor.

REPLY: The Lefts War On Poverty is what caused the destruction of the Black family, and also the inner cities across America.

They often use the excuse of balancing the budget, as they cut programs for ordinary Americans and continue their assault on the rights of woman and minorities, and non rich Americans.

REPLY: Like the anointed one said.... "everyone has to do their part."

It was Ronald Reagan, the republican senile puppet of the rich and superrich, who first gave us a deficit more than all of them combined in American economic history......

REPLY: No..... that was BHO." Lower taxes ALWAYS bring more into the government coffers than high taxation. Under Reagan, 65% of Americans moved up one income level, and more women and minority owned companies were started. Interest rates dropped from double digits (thank you Mr. Peanut) to 9%, making everything cheaper for everyone. Beginning in 1986, we had over 86 months of unparalleled growth in America.

"...and then another republican, the war criminal George Bush, who gave us the new record in budget deficits by initiating the 2008 bailout of the Wall Street super-rich..."

REPLY: The recession started because of sub-prime loans to .... wait for it...... the poor.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Until average men have equality with average women I won't care about the problems of the oppressor class(since America is a social matriarchy[political and economic oligarchy] that only benefits women).

Maybe when women stop discriminating against men/boy's in education I might care, Maybe when women stop discriminating against men in the judicial system I might start to care.

But as it stands I don't care at all for a bunch of over-privileged bourgeois tyrants.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zappafan1

That was a lot of ridiculousness for one post, man. You ought to be more thrifty, save the stupid up for a rainy day or something. Never can tell when you might really need it.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

reply to post by youdidntseeme

Are you a woman?

To answer you, I have no problems labeling those blue dogs--dogs!

Really, your response is to ask about my gender? How about addressing some of the points?
Actually no, I know it will be full of insults and lacking in substance, just like before.

There are plenty of examples of governments infringing upon the rights of men, women and children in every country every day, however this is simply not one of them.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I just wish they had an emoticon slapping it's knee as it laughed!

Troll much? Partisan much? Ad hominem much? Sadly, your rant is a childish display without merit or substance. If you truly knew as much as you think you know you would realize that BOTH parties are "troglodyte" trash and BOTH parties need to be cast upon the trash-heaps of history. Heaping insults upon true conservatives in addition to Republicans simply belies the fact that you understand nothing of politics and are the product of the political propaganda machine.

Huffington Post Opinion piece - enough said!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

That was a lot of ridiculousness for one post, man. You ought to be more thrifty, save the stupid up for a rainy day or something. Never can tell when you might really need it.

Zappafan actually made a few salient points there that deserve the credit back that you have taken away. It was a point by point rundown of the OP, complete with rebuttal points that was well thought out, addressed each point and was based in fact.

Kudos to you zappafan, dont let others derail this by attacking you personally.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Loved the picture. Any more?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Really??? And you thought your reply contained substance? Nice ad hominems attacks - usually resorted to my an intellectual inferior when they are unable to respond to verifiable facts. At least Zappafan bothered to state some facts to back up his assertions. And yours are where???

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Why is abortion a right? Do we have the right to kill a child that is 6 months? What about if we went out one night and got drunk, had sex and decided a year and a half later we didn’t want the kid? Why if people act irresponsible do they have the right to take a life. Don’t give me the “what about rape and sex abuse by a family member”. Let’s just stick with going out and hooking up. What is the reason for having sex? To have a child. What part is supposed to be the accident? The part that the act was successful or the fact that it wasn’t? Why do people run around (probably a lot on this site) and scream for joy when NASA discovers a microscopic germ on planet X. “They found life”! “They found life on another planet”! However a baby in the womb is considered nothing. This isn’t an argument about men telling women what to do with their bodies. It’s about killing a baby. It shouldn’t even be up for discussion.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by D1Useek

Now don't go adding any intelligent thought to the thread. It may become derailed and actually evolve into something worth discussing, as opposed to the OP!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by D1Useek

Now don't go adding any intelligent thought to the thread. It may become derailed and actually evolve into something worth discussing, as opposed to the OP!

How dare someone actually contribute something meaningful to a devisive partisan debate

When I looked up each of the three bills and noticed that each of them was brand new and barely even into committee (I am not sure that they've ctually been discussed yet), the conversation was over to me. How can you even debate something that will change countless times before it makes it out of committee and over to the senate...then back to the house for rewrites then back so on and so forth.....

The fact that Pelosi even brought these up in her interview....I kind of feel bad for her, she was used to one of the biggest soap boxes in the country in her Speaker role....she is still finding her new role and getting used to it, so I forgive here....this time

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Grossly exaggerate much? The fight over Roe v. Wade has always been a central argument within the Republican party and is one of the most highly contested issues that the party as a whole support.

How you managed to jump from making abortion illegal, or at least legal for only those that require one for medical reasons, to an assault on Hispanics, blacks, and any other minority group is frankly laughable and shows your true agenda.

This is especially laughable considering Obama currently has on the table legislation that would no longer provide heating subsidies for the poor!

The actual thread discussion here is simple: Should the Republican party continue to support the overturning of Roe v. Wade or is abortion something that a modern, free society needs to embrace despite one's own personal opinion of abortion itself?

The rest of your opening remark is nothing more that Republican-trashing propaganda useful only in maintaining an entire thread that will surely serve one purpose: To up the political bashing to new levels.

As for my opinion, I will always support the pro-choice stance. I do not believe that moving forward to the Supreme Court with Roe v. Wade II will do anything other than blow through millions of dollars. I would rather the Supreme Court handle more current issues such as the Healthcare Bill than get saddled down with something that, in my opinion, has already been dealt with.

There are many aspects to abortion that people do not consider and are often not politically correct to state. I would recommend reading "Freakanomics" for specific examples as to what I am referring.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm not familiar with what all those bills are proposing. Personally, if it's simply about the Federal Government not funding abortions, I don't have a problem with that. This is yet another issue that the federal goverment shouldn't even be involved in. The only place I would make a case where perhaps there should be some type of funding (though I do NOT think it should be federal, but perhaps state/local) would be cases where the life of the mother are at risk, and cases where the woman has been victimized. I'm sorry, but we women know the risks of having sex. We know that no birth control is 100% effective. Our fellow taxpayers should not be burdened when we screw up and get pregnant. It's called personal responsability, a concept which seems to be slipping away from the grasp of the average American these days. After all... we're so good at avoiding personal responsiblity that we have to have little warning labels on our coffee cups reminding us that that coffee is hot!

And for the record? Nope, not a conservative, more of a Constitionalist.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

What are you talking about?? This 2011 America. Everyone's rights are being assualted okay. Do you need the list. Please you don;t need the list. I mean if its not the TSA. Its being spyed upon. Living ina police state. having to pay for wars know one wants. Were all being assualted okay.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

...stupidity ...troglodyte... anti-human ...anti-human... trash bin of history... holding back human progress...deception... republican devil.

woman’s rights

assault on ALL minority ... republican bigots ..cuts in programs for the poor.

... cut programs for ordinary Americans ...assault on the rights of woman and minorities...

... foul liars ... anti-human hypocrites

... Ronald Reagan, ...senile puppet ... the war criminal George Bush, ...illegal Iraq war.

...woman ...under assault ...small degree of equality ....

Rhetoric....rhetoric...rhetoric...rhetoric....rhetoric...rhetoric...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Well, let's be honest. This sums up the attitudes of most Republicans towards women:

The only reason this half-baked Alaska has ANY chance is because of this. Can't expect much respect for the rest of the double-X population.

I love it when people that promote change, love and tolerance are the first to cast stones, stereotypes and names.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join