It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak left Egypt: presidential sources

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Mubarak left Egypt: presidential sources

www.presstv.ir

Presidential sources say Egypt's three-decade ruler Hosni Mubarak has left the country, noting an address he is scheduled to deliver in a few hours is taped.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Obama to Egyptian Army: Remove Mubarak now
Bolton: If Mubarak falls in Egypt, Israel should bomb Iran
Without Egypt, Israel will be left with no friends in Mideast
Brzezinski's Feared "Global Awakening" Has Arrived
edit on 2/10/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Im sure this news is correct .. and he have left the country a long time ago .. maybe since the start...
that wouldnt surprise me or anyone in the world

Would that be logic that he his waiting for the millions Egyptians crowd to encircle the Presidential palace and being lynched by his own people...

its been more then 2 weeks now and the revolution has only just started

NEXT STEP : PRESIDENTIAL PALACE

no more choice for the people if he dont step down
the army will probably let them loot everything

who can stop a millions man and woman angry crowd ?

only God can

The reports by presidential sources came on Thursday on the heels of remarks by Hossan Badrawi, the general secretary of Egypt's ruling National Democratic Party, who said Mubarak will "probably" address the nation in the evening.

He told state-funded BBC that he hopes Mubarak will transfer power to Vice President Omar Suleiman.

The opposition Muslim Brotherhood earlier said on its official website that Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq confirmed the possibility that the out-of-favor Egyptian president will step down within a few hours and leave amid continued pro-democracy protests.

Unconfirmed reports also said Mubarak had already travelled to the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh with his army chief of staff.

Other reports indicated that the Egyptian army has taken over presidential powers, saying it supports the legitimate demands of people and that it is taking measures to protect the people.

'Coup'

Essam al-Erian, a senior member of the Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt's biggest opposition group, said he feared that the Egyptian military was staging a coup.

"It looks like a military coup ... I feel worry and anxiety," he told Reuters.

"The problem is not with the president, it is with the regime."

The director of the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Leon Panetta, said he had received unconfirmed reports that Mubarak would step down on Thursday evening. He said Suleiman would possibly take control.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
So he taped a speech saying he will not step down, then left the country?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
So he taped a speech saying he will not step down, then left the country?

Its very easy to tape those tape from far away
when was the last time we saw him for real ... if he was a real leader he would go speak directly in front of the crowd

but he is not .. he is a coward that left the country since the start of this revolution
everybody thinks he his still at his presidential palace .. yeah right

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Why would a dictator struggling to hang onto power leave the country? That doesn't make sense

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I listened to this translated speach live and couldn't believe what I was hearing.
It seems pretty clear to me that he isn't going to give up power - at least not until he can ensure all the family gold is safely out of the country

Whats the next step a population needs to take in order to have their will done?

edit on 10-2-2011 by trouble_every_day because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
this is going to be absolutely terrible. How can they expect these people to just you home emptyhanded? I hope they stand strong and prevail. They will now have to decide it this is a revolution or just some powerful protests.
edit on 10-2-2011 by devildogUSMC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Ben81

Why would a dictator struggling to hang onto power leave the country? That doesn't make sense

Because he doesnt fear having any backlash at him .. would he talk like that thinking a millions man crowd is just a few blocks of him ?? lol i dont think so

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by devildogUSMC
this is going to be absolutely terrible. How can they expect these people to just you home emptyhanded? I hope they stand strong and prevail. They will now have to decide it this is a revolution or just some powerful protests.
edit on 10-2-2011 by devildogUSMC because: (no reason given)

They will have to be a time when they will have to choose between
remaining peacefully in the Tahir square or march like an army to the presidential palace
without being stoped by anyone

the time is now .. tomorrow i predict a victory for the people if they go to the billion dollars palace

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The Army will be important in the coming days. They are holding their own High Council meetings and have said they will "to protect the nation, its gains and the aspirations of the people".

What that means is yet to be seen. But I sense that they may well stage a coup and oust the ruling regime themselves, who seem totally oblivious to the position they are in.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
There is an incongruity in the notion, isn't there?

Refuse to end your 'term' then leave.....

I believe the story is half-finished.

I am no scholar of Egyptian law, but I can't believe Mubarek's administration has simply kowtowed to the behavior of this 'political' leader....

I also can't believe the facade OUR country's administration has haphazardly attempted to produce in regards to their so-called 'policy' regarding the matter. It is precisely the stereotypical conduct the republican and democratic parties have had with any foreign 'leader' who "goes along" with their agenda; while laboring intensely to vilify (and criminally interfere) with any who don't. Political expedience is their currency; they play reality as if 'theater.'

Our president's of recent past ALL seemed to 'tolerate' this government..... which, for my part, am only now realizing how oppressive it was (I say "was" because regardless of Mubarek's actions this regime is over.)

Egypt's crisis is the same of the entire world..... most don't realize that. A government who's primary concern is "continuity" is already lost. Governments of the people can not , by definition, be eternal.. because people are not eternal. Once the identity of the government becomes separate from the governed, it becomes a defacto invader in its own land. Citizenship, sovereignty, and voice defines liberty. Not institutions.

Mubarek has completely lost his membership in the community he was to serve. As frequently observed in the past, he began to have 'the people' submit to the government (him)... thus began the fall..... as it always will.

Sorry, rambling......
edit on 10-2-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Its very simple. By using handily placed news media, and by clever manipulation of communication tools, he could give every impression of being home, or someplace in Egypt, without actualy having to be there. This means that he retains control over certain aspects of the nation,and of course retains face.
Or rather, thats what he would like to think. Of course, by utterly ignoring the peoples demand for him to be removed from office and to step down, I think hes all out of face to loose to be honest.
Night night fellow members, even us Brits have to sleep some time!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
32 years ago the very same thing happened to the Iran and Iranian nation, it was rumours that the military would kill at least 2 million protesters in Teheran to ease up the pace and keep the Shah on his power seat.

And the shah left….

I am Iranian and from that generation… things will never change and repeating itself as long as we don’t care about the past.

new topics

top topics

join