It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weatherman Speaks Out About Arkansas Snowstorm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I live in NW Arkansas and the snowstorm that hit us on Wednesday was unbelievable! I have never seen so much snow in my life. I have spoken with many senior citizens that have lived here all their lives regarding this storm, and they have never seen anything like it. (I work with seniors.)

I found this on our local news weather blog today and it really makes you wonder what happened here on Wednesday and was it natural or manmade?

www.4029tv.com...

Quote from blog:

Historic Snowstorm Becomes More Puzzling

"This winter has been one for the ages, especially the past 48 hours. Northwest Arkansas has topped the 24 hour snowfall record, the single storm snowfall record, and the seasonal snowfall record for at least the last 70 years. In northern Benton and Carroll County the snowstorm of March 10-12, 1968 and the 1967-68 seasonal snow totals still rival this storm and there were a couple other years in the 1910s that we believe may compare as well. Otherwise, this one takes the cake. To top it off, low temperatures just shattered all-time records a day after the storm. Whether you love or hate winter, you have to behold the once in a lifetime events for our area."

"Literally the computer models, our lifeline for forecasting the weather beyond 24 hours, failed. This event is a unprecidented event in many ways for northwest Arkansas and now it may be the focus on future research projects as well. The reason the snow fell so hard for so long was rather simple. An extremely intense mesoband of snow lined up along highway 412 and didn’t budge for over 6 hours. What isn’t simple is understanding why the mesoband formed and more importantly why it stayed locked into place while weather all around it moved fluidly. There are things that we still don’t understand, and this is a great example of it."

So what do you think happened in Arkansas on Wednesday?
edit on Thu Feb 10 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: ADDED EXTERNAL QUOTE TAGS

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Is this weatherman a meteorologist, for real, or just a guy who talks to the camera about what the computers tell him the weather will be?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Quit your HAARPing ATS...

I can hear your thoughts from here!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Is this weatherman a meteorologist, for real, or just a guy who talks to the camera about what the computers tell him the weather will be?

Ross Ellet,
Weekend Meteorologist at KHBS/KHOG
Studied Synoptic Meteorology at Purdue University.

Seems like a real meteorologist to me.
edit on 10/2/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

He is a meteorologist. Graduated from Purdue.

www.4029tv.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Heh,Weather is crazy everywhere. In Germany,we had record Snow in December...in January it was too Mild...then Cold...then Mild...then Cold...now its Mild (with lots of Rain/Ice-Rain in some Parts) and expected to get colder again in the next few Days...

I fell for ya.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I really don't know much about the weather, but I found it interesting that he mentions taking core samples from the snow. It sounds like he was really intrigued.

Quote from blog:
www.4029tv.com...

To top it all off, we all assumed that the snow was just an extremely dry or “fluffy snow” where the snow ratios were 20 to 1 or higher (meaning 1 inch of rain or liquid would equal 20″ or more of snowfall). We are now finding out that wasn’t the case. While the snow wasn’t heavy it also wasn’t as light as we thought. At my house in Springdale, I measured 20″ of snowfall, yet 3 core samples of the snow showed 1.6″ of liquid on average in the snowfall (this does not include moisture from previous snow on the ground before Tuesday). A similar measurement at our station in Rogers showed that 17″ of snowfall led to 1.55″ of liquid. This gives us a snowfall ratio between 11 to 13 to 1, which is a far cry from the expected findings. These ratios were also found at other ASOS and CoCoRaHS sites as well. While some of the observations did show higher ratios, it is still lower than expected.

edit on Thu Feb 10 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Feb 10 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: added tags and link IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You haven't seen anything yet regarding the weather. This is just the start of the show guys....Hopefully the smart people will get a clue and start prepping with that food storage all the nutters been talking about. This weather phenomenon is affecting people worldwide and it WILL cause a mass food shortage, believe it or not.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
You haven't seen anything yet regarding the weather. This is just the start of the show guys....Hopefully the smart people will get a clue and start prepping with that food storage all the nutters been talking about. This weather phenomenon is affecting people worldwide and it WILL cause a mass food shortage, believe it or not.

I agree with you, better get food and water supplies before its too late, one major storm hitting the entire country would put us in the state of emergency, and it is possible looking at the current storm, popping out of nowhere in the south

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
"Extreme" will be the way it will be from now on.

Between the magnetic shifting and Solar cycle 24, we're about to be hit with some incredible extremes.

This may be in part, what the chemtrail/geoengineering projects are doing or.............causing too. Although it wouldn't make much sense if they were doing it on purpose. But this might be the bi-product of messing things up.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by moonleaf

Well, let me post this quick, before I start getting attacked here. I live in Arkansas as well. This is the first winter season I know of that this is our third snow. A quote from an Executive Summary buy the Air Force in 1996 about their prediction for 2025. Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather. It was stated by someone in another articile that if they thought about doing it in 1996 then they are probably already doing it in 2005. quote and link

Weather modification will become a part of domestic and international security and could be done unilaterally, through alliance networks--particularly regional ones--or through an ad hoc coalition or a UN framework. It could have offensive and defensive applications and even be used for deterrence purposes. The ability to generate precipitation, fog, and storms on earth or to modify space weather, improve communications through ionospheric modification (the use of ionospheric mirrors), and the production of artificial weather all are a part of an integrated set of technologies which can provide substantial increase in US, or degraded capability in an adversary, to achieve global awareness, reach, and power. Weather modification will be a part of 2025 and is an area in which the US must invest if only to be able to counter adversaries seeking such a capability.

www.fas.org...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 10/2/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

But why would they use it on Arkansas? Are you saying that they are testing it on us or are they covering something up? Could it be something like, we won't notice certain things going on because we will all be snowed in or what?

I noticed over this past weekend that we had robins in the yard. They do not usually come in until winter weather is gone. I wonder where they are now.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by moonleaf

I think one of the questions or implications of this thread was could some one create this storm. In other words is Weather Modification going on. A lot of something is going on: the most earthquakes in one year in Arkansas was 175 that was in 2009, Well, last year we had over 600 quakes just since Sept to end of Dec. Now that is way too unusual. But really when you look at the rest of the world Arkansas is a pretty safe place to be unless the NEW MADRID QUAKES.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween

Told my wife this very thing just two days ago. I do recall them saying we are just one poor harvest away from a massive food shortage. Well all it would take is one unusually cold summer and we will experience that reality.

Is there any looped footage of this radar so we can look for any anomalies that may indicate this was caused by HAARP?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Searching for looped radar. Having a tough time. Are there any websites with saved radar loops?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
wasn't there a thread with a youtube guy saying this? he was tracking these storms and noticed some were "sticking" in one spot, while the bulk moved on. if we somehow did have the tech to do this, why on ark? why not on north korea?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
wasn't there a thread with a youtube guy saying this? he was tracking these storms and noticed some were "sticking" in one spot, while the bulk moved on. if we somehow did have the tech to do this, why on ark? why not on north korea?

Who says we are the one causing this one?

I'm sure China has their version of HAARP...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Someone has posted about HAARP on the weather blog.

www.4029tv.com...

Was that someone from ATS?

I posted asking for a video of the radar during the snowstorm. My post was not put on there.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I am not sure how to embed this or post pics from it. Radar link from meteorologist:

www.rap.ucar.edu...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Can someone help me save the radar loop from that website? The weather guy said that it will only be up for a few days.

top topics

join