It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dairy Products

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Cheez-its are so good. If I had to choose one food to eat for the rest of my life I would consider Cheez-its. Or just cheese. Cheese is good too.

Which reminds me; I really despise milk. Nasty cow lactose. *Shudder* So then my question to myself is how can I stomach cheese? *Sigh*

I don't much like anything less than sharp cheese though. Too plain. Tillamook Extra Sharp...*drool*...

Cows make good food, it appears. Besides plain milk, they produce cheese, ice cream, and yogurt. Isn't it amazing what tasty substances come out of cows boobs?

Oh well. Tis all good.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
lol "cows boobs" Thats class!!! Kinda stupid aint it, the only animal that produces milk like all year round but aint got a neck long enough to drink it!

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
There is a product called Lactaid for lactose intolerace. There are actually Lactaid products (milk for instance) but there is also a pill form one may take prior to consuming dairy products if you suffer from lactose intolerance.

No one who enjoys dairy should have to deny themselves since this simple solution has been on the market for years.

HOWEVER, our dairy is so adulterated these days due to hormones and antibiotics, if you read about it you would be so disgusted you wouldn't touch the stuff again - ever. Unless it's organic.

Again, good news, organic milk is now found in most supermarkets, butter too and a few others. It costs more but it's worth it.

Organic Milk, (personally, I like Organic Valley brand, but Horizon also qualifies) is AWESOME! Organic milk is loaded with a substance called CLA that discourages abdominal fat and the stuff tastes unbelieveably like milk. (Funny how ya almost forgot what it is suppossed to taste like). The other interesting thing - any other milk in the case has an expiration date within the week, but organic milk generally has an expiration date a month out!

Go figure!

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Yeah...It's not that I'm lactose intolerant it's just that I can't picture myself sucking on a cow so why would I drink their milk otherwise?

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Organic Milk, (personally, I like Organic Valley brand, but Horizon also qualifies) is AWESOME! (Funny how ya almost forgot what it is suppossed to taste like). The other interesting thing - any other milk in the case has an expiration date within the week, but organic milk generally has an expiration date a month out!
Go figure!

I hadn't drank milk in ages. Recently I tried the organic kind. It does taste awesome. I thought I had great skin already but for some reason, it's even better when I started drinking the milk. Some people swear by it but for the longest time I didn't listen. Now I'm hooked.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades
Cows make good food, it appears. Besides plain milk, they produce cheese, ice cream, and yogurt. Isn't it amazing what tasty substances come out of

Actually, I'm pretty sure they just produce the milk, we produce the rest, by transforming the milk.

If you don't like the milk (and can't afford Organic milk, whatever that is) there is also Soy Milk. Some of them taste almost just like regular milk, but I happen to think most of them taste better than milk now. I only drank this since I've read lots of nasty stuff about milk.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
If you don't like the milk (and can't afford Organic milk, whatever that is)

If it's organic, it is from unadulterated cows free of antibiotics, hormones, etc, - natural the way it was suppossed to be. The stuff tastes unbelievably good. It is also naturally loaded with CLA, a substance lost in non organic milk. CLA was recently found to help discourage abdominal fat.

As for the price, it's a bummer, especially with milk prices rising the way they are, but I find it worth it, since the milk has such a long expiration date it never goes bad before I get to it. It is now on the shelves in all stores I shop in, including Walmart.

top topics

join