It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feasting Trolls

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'm beginning to lose faith in the membership of ATS.

Recently there have been a good influx of hoaxes. Anyone who has been around here for a while knows that the hoaxes tend to come in waves, usually when ATS gets any publicity, good or bad then we see hoaxes, also usually around summer tons of hoaxers (kids on school holiday) post stuff. Older members know this and tend to keep their views out of such threads, newer members don't. However i'm getting tired of people feeding the trolls.

Recently several threads have been posted, probably by the same user, here is one example.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread is 6 pages long, 6 pages ladies and gentlemen and everyone who replied simply made the guy laugh. Even if you post something critical, such a person loves the mere fact you replied and you need to understand this. When such threads appear they shouldn't go past the first page, once someone has posted asking for proof you should leave it alone until proof is provided. This is how you kill trolls, it is how you prevent hoaxes. If you don't play into it then the hoaxes will be drastically reduced. You need to understand their psychology, a reply, any reply to one of these threads is a success in their eyes, they love it.

I am hoping people will post to show their support, don't let such threads get past the first page, pledge to wait for evidence once it has been asked for, pledge to keep your opinion on hold.

Basically, don't feed the trolls!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

AMEN!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Aha! But Bernard schitzel isnt your average Troll...Hes a SUPER troll and he aint gonnna give up whatever we do, Youll find that most of the recent Troll Accounts have actually been this one guy who is giving the site admin a headache....

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Very well said *claps*

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
DELETE-OFF TOPIC
edit on 9-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Yeah, good luck with that.

Typically and thankfully the first page of those threads tends to be "Proof or it never happened" but even that is unnecessary. Any time a thread is posted with claims of pictures or videos without said pictures or videos the thread should immediately be closed and the poster warned.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Well said!
I am new-ish? But this is no playground. You learn fast..... well, I like to think most do.

Good thread, friend.

ETA: Actually, damn!!
You made me think about this now! And, actually, I am no innocent to falling into these trolls traps!

I think many just live in hope etc, therefore, just WANT to believe. But I have grown in my few weeks here to differentiate hoax/truth. At least I try too anyway.

Benefit of the doubt. That is my downfall. Or high point? *shrugs*

I understand your point though. Good thread.

edit on 9-2-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
Aha! But Bernard schitzel isnt your average Troll...Hes a SUPER troll and he aint gonnna give up whatever we do,

Hmmm I wonder if he is also paradigm2012 is Herr Snitzell... just dawned on me he has the same MO

HEY??? What happened to the Jerusalem thread? Just went to check spelling and got a 404 error?

link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I thought so too! And I shall hang my head in shame as I type this, but yea... I encouraged the man. I lived in hope. Secondly, I learned. Whew!
You really think he is behind most of the hoax threads?

I wouldn't be surprised.

link   
I fear I may have been taken in .I hang my head in shame...........sorry
edit on 2/9/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

Unfortunately on a conspiricy website its hard to seperate fact from fiction or fiction from lies.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Ah, but what's your definition of a troll!?
I agreed with the freemasons on a thread on here, agreed they weren't part of the NWO. Agreed they weren't anything to be scared of and agreed they weren't devil worshippers, and yet, was still decreed as a troll by the masons!!!
If someone is posting as a serious voice of reason and normality then they aren't now, or ever, a troll. If someone goes about insulting people and making their abuse personal, then yes, I would agree they are a troll.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I will respectfully delete my previous post.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

That should calm down a bit with sites like glp back up. There should be a glp troll button on ats.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

Blatant lying, -
Leading the forum members on, -
Saying you are someone who you are not, -
Promising you have ';inside info'' to share, -
Giving false hope to the gullible, (I have been burned this way here already) -
Creating numerous accounts under different names, and creating a new false story (and not in the story section either)

Just to name a few. =
TROLL

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Definately, No doubt about it, He probably creating a new user name to add to his 20 others right this minute, However in his stories he uses odd names like "Bertha" And "Bernie" and odd expressions + incorrect language, A few members are following him such as me and GenerationXisMarching.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The point is hes not just a troll, Hes universally re-nouned throughout the internet for his threats and consistant website spamming, Not to mention theres apparently a few lawsuits against him for harrasment.

The guys Tapped!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

Blatant lying, -
Leading the forum members on, -
Saying you are someone who you are not, -
Promising you have ';inside info'' to share, -
Giving false hope to the gullible, (I have been burned this way here already) -
Creating numerous accounts under different names, and creating a new false story (and not in the story section either)

Just to name a few. =
TROLL

I agree with you but there are many on here who wont. To them a troll is anyone who disagrees with their views and ideals no matter what evidence they present...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Unfortunately on a conspiricy website its hard to seperate fact from fiction or fiction from lies.

Agreed, but possible over time, to divide and understand.

My first month here was,...well...confusing, lets say.
Over time though, people begin to understand and see through.

But yes, there is always one! I have learned to be on my guard, but admit my faults, where I can tend to be gullible sometimes.
ATS is a good way to work on that though.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
If I had the power to applaud I would applaud you more than once!

I agree!!!!!

Don't feed the trolls

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
agreed, too many trolls, nWo and disinfo agents here

time to clean house

min-chin-bin-ghour-ling-ha-beck (

<<   2  3 >>

join