It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feasting Trolls

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

Yeah ATS requires a lot of Filtering of information to find the juicy stuff but it gets easier with time, Generally if your a nice person like you seem to be its smooth running, However you get the occasional member that is unhappy because you Are happy so they like to tread on yer toes a bit

edit on 9/2/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

But yes, there is always one! I have learned to be on my guard, but admit my faults, where I can tend to be gullible sometimes
I believe we all can be taken in from time to time.As I've gotten older It doesn't happen as often as it used to .But I tend to be a trusting person and want to believe the best of people.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
I fear I may have been taken in .I hang my head in shame...........sorry
edit on 2/9/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

We ALL want to believe.. but people take advantage of that for entertainment and "poke the raccoon with a stick" just to sit back and laugh...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Ahhh! Ok, I just checked out the thread you linked, and yes!
I notice one of the Alts that is mentioned...well, lets just say, yesterday there was a nature thread created. Was not a nice one either, but felt more like an attention seeking one.
I shall say no more.

I don't care to derail this thread, so in all, I agree trolls need to be given less attention.
Not as easy as it sounds though, when there are constantly new members, who are very fragile to this kind of thing. ATS is their teacher. They need time. Don't fault them for falling into the trap.
They will learn in time.
And so the circle continues......

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
lmaf,i wonder why in the last hour,so many of these post are popping up,alot of people on here are ticked off for some reason,why?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Can trolling also refer to the endless threads started here that are just meant to incite arguing. IE: creation threads, atheism threads (the ones that say your crazy if you dont agree with the person posting), gun control threads (for and against), endless posts showing blurry lights from youtube,

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

Nahh, Everyone has the right to their own Oppinion, Even if it is un-supported

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Likewise...and far too easy to do.

Remember,... just because we and others are trusting, doesn't mean others are so kind.
I hate being so damn pessimistic, but certain folk actually go out of their way to hurt. or, give false stories of either doom and gloom, OR, hope.

I think the actual key, is right there in your heart, soul. That's where I think I may have found mine.
It's still a work in progress

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This thread is itself "feeding the trolls". They see you are getting irritated at them which is their whole point in posting BS.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

WHAT!!! were allowed to have opinions????

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I know! Insane isnt it

Dont go flapping your oppinions round the boards though, Youll be pounced open by Angry Soul eating Zombie like members who want to suck every last ounce of free-speech out of you

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Been there already my last thread was immediately attacked by people who thought I was somehow not smarter than them because of my "opinion"

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Happens A LoT, Belive me, I get it all the time

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Yes mame even at my age I'm still learning.Grandpa always said you can learn something every day and you will never know it all.Papa was very wise.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by TedHodgson
Aha! But Bernard schitzel isnt your average Troll...Hes a SUPER troll and he aint gonnna give up whatever we do,

Hmmm I wonder if he is also paradigm2012 is Herr Snitzell... just dawned on me he has the same MO

HEY??? What happened to the Jerusalem thread? Just went to check spelling and got a 404 error?

Yeah I wouldn't doubt it, that guy was trolling big time. When someone trolls and has the agenda to spam hoaxes then deny all proof something is very wrong. I noticed they are not just ignorant but only seek to get a reaction out of people that actually have something to contribute. Or as the saying goes "obvious troll is obvious troll"

Multiple accounts , same posting style , same MO

ATS needs a cleansing

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I know posting a deliberate hoax is against T/C, and so should the hoaxer be banned.

But I must say, I've grown accustomed lately to sir weiner snitzel.

He trolls us, and we troll him right back, and when he can't take it anymore, or he becomes so angry that we don't believe him, he has a little troll-meltdown, it's hilarious.

I just can't help myself.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

A troll Meltdown...

Thats So True!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the warning thread...New member here trying to navigate the waters of ATS and sort out the truthers from the trolls.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Lol. I thought you might like that.

ETA: That's why I said earlier it borders on self-defeating/masochistic behavior, because he typically gets worse than he gives. imo.
edit on 2/9/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
However you get the occasional member that is unhappy because you Are happy so they like to tread on yer toes a bit

Yep.
A lot of people here really really hate it if you're happy.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join