It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Six Engine Aircraft over Jackson, Michigan - What was it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well about a 1/2 hour ago, I was running to grab some food. Aprox. 1:15pm Eastern time. I noticed a jet flying above. I didn't pay too much attention to it until I caught a glimpse of the contrail. It struck me as odd (I don't know why) but I had to give it a second look. I peeked out the window of my car and noticed that this aircraft had Six engines, all producing thick white contrails. I was driving so I couldn't sit and stare but the aircraft war somewhat triangular. I hurried up to try to get to my destination so I could get out and snap a picture but by the time I parked and got out, it was up by the sun an I couldn't see squat.

Does anyone know what this could be? It was flying at about the height of an airliner but I don't know of any commercial airliners running six engines.

Any ideas?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Six engines total, or six per wing?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AlteredTom

this or this ?

Antonov An 225
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/800cfe4a57f5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3ddfdad9855.jpg[/atsimg]
The XB-70 Valkyrie

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

www.popularmechanics.com...

www.globalaircraft.org...

There are not a lot of 6-engine aircraft currently flying. Check out those two photos.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'd assume DC10, but, I dont know.
edit on 9-2-2011 by RicketyCricket because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Maybe... Antonov AN-225 Mariya,russian made transport aircraft. Not sure but it seems to be the biggest model in operation and the only one having 6 engines.

www.globalaircraft.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

no picture? no point sorry
second

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Considering all the strange global activities going on as of late - maybe it's being used to transport important cargo to the fall out bunkers in preparation for.....????

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It was six engines total. I would say it looks close to the XB-70 but much larger. The engines didn't appear to be in that close of a cluster.

The engines seemed to be at the back of a large triangular airframe. Visible as day.
edit on 9-2-2011 by AlteredTom because: Content

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Maybe upload a rough drawing to ATS here, I'm sure some of the experts here would be able to recognise it for you.

I am no expert, but I'm struggling to visualise what you mean by a traingular airframe. Sorry, wish I could be more of a help

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlteredTom
It was six engines total. I would say it looks close to the XB-70 but much larger. The engines didn't appear to be in that close of a cluster.

The engines seemed to be at the back of a large triangular airframe. Visible as day.
edit on 9-2-2011 by AlteredTom because: Content

That sounds like a B2 or other stealth aircraft. Triangular with engines at the rear, but they don't have 6 engines. Of course it isn't always the engines that produce the contrails, any surface on the plane can do it. Still, I think every effort is made so that stealth aircraft do not produce contrails.

Could it have been two aircraft in formation?

B2 picture

B2 with the atmospheric anomaly

If that can happen, then so can a contrail I suppose.

edit on 9-2-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Here is a representation of what I'm speaking of.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Omg wow I saw that same thing you drew but back when I was in elementary school.
This was back in maybe 87 or 88' I was about 11 years old and me and the whole play ground watched this fly over.
Bear in mind we lived next to Sheppard air force base in Texas, so who knows what it was. I just remember it being big.
Thanks for refreshing my mind, and funny enough when I read your title that's the first memory that came to mind.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'd guess some sorta Nasa or Privatized Military Test Flight....or some billionaire playing with his new toy

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well all I know is that after researching the XB-70 Valkyrie in the above post, I now know for a fact what it was that I saw. I wonder if thats what the op saw. Seems reasonable.
When I saw the Valkyrie flying it was about a mile up and I only saw the triangle and the six engines and the six trails it left.

I dont know. maybe thats what the author saw.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hi Op

Maybe you want to check that thread.
New UFOs in Utah 2/6/11

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
There was a six-engine YRB-49A, but that's pretty unlikely.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeZ

how about the x33 ?
scroll down the page

Wee Mad

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlteredTom
Here is a representation of what I'm speaking of.
Great artwork!

But is it possible the 6 trails weren't all from engines?

Wingtip vortices can leave trails also so a 4 engine plane might possibly leave 4 contrails plus two wingtip vortex trails for a total of 6 trails:

www.solar-tower.org.uk...

The shape somewhat resembles a B-2.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Arbitrageur because: fix typo

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder

no picture? no point sorry
second

Plenty of point.
There are lots of people on ATS with knowledge of aircraft to discuss this type of thing with.

It's not like he was claiming to have eaten apple pie with Elvis at the UFO diner in Roswell.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join