It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

680 days until we can put this 2012 paranoia behind us

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You have seen that correct people, no need to rub your eyes. We have just 680 days until December 21, 2012. And on December 22, 2012 we will either be dead, gone through an awakening, or we can finally shut down this forum once and for all. I personally am leaning towards the ladder of the three.

We do not enter a state of paranoia every year when we see that our calendar ends on December 31st so why do so when the Mayan Calendar ends? I am sure if Mayans were allowed to get their voice out today they would tell all the fanatical westerners to stop having a heart attack about this. You are being used by the media who are hyping this up.

I know all the 2012ers will be all over me for this, “You do not know we have proof” or “How come other ancient people predicted the same day?” blah… blah… blah… Same story different day, yet come December 22nd when I awake from my sleep and look out my window to see all the crazies scratching their heads in astonishment then I will finally feel comfort that I will never have to hear about 2012 again.

But I shall not fret as there will be another doomsday year just around the corner, and this one they are sure of!
edit on 2/9/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I could either

A) use this time to prepare for the end of the world and practice survival skills

or

B) use this time to watch other's prepare and sit back and laugh at them for being such fool's to believe in grade a BS

I'm going with B

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The name of the forum will be changed to 2036...

24 years to milk out more fear mongering!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
the world is not going to end biblically cause no one can predict this time. thats not to say we are going to have a major disaster. what about the lady who put up billboards and is preaching that the end is gonna be in may 2011.
i think we all know its coming, and its probably overdue so many conspiracies are popping up everywhere. scotty just put on your hardhat and wait to be beamed. think about this as a sign (PALIN 2012) ?? ANTICHRIST? BYE BYE OBAMA

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
You have seen that correct people, no need to rub your eyes. We have just 680 days until December 21, 2012. And on December 22, 2012 we will either be dead, gone through an awakening, or we can finally shut down this forum once and for all. I personally am leaning towards the ladder of the three.

We do not enter a state of paranoia every year when we see that our calendar ends on December 31st so why do so when the Mayan Calendar ends? I am sure if Mayans were allowed to get their voice out today they would tell all the fanatical westerners to stop having a heart attack about this. You are being used by the media who are hyping this up.

I know all the 2012ers will be all over me for this, “You do not know we have proof” or “How come other ancient people predicted the same day?” blah… blah… blah… Same story different day, yet come December 22nd when I awake from my sleep and look out my window to see all the crazies scratching their heads in astonishment then I will finally feel comfort that I will never have to hear about 2012 again.

But I shall not fret as there will be another doomsday year just around the corner, and this one they are sure of!

I agree 1000% with your statement.

It seems as if there is a new DOOMSDAY date posted on here by the hour!!!

Have fun.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Or in other words 680 days till the start of 2013 solar maximum paranoia starting in earnest

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't know if you have seen this already, but from what I gather the mayan people have already said to not be afraid.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I immediately thought of this cartoon when I read the OP this thread.

edit on 9-2-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Exactly, playing on peoples ignorance.

People should always ignore dates.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
OMG, I think something big is gonna happen on the 23rd February!

That will be 666 days until...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
You'll probably hear a lot from it when nothing happens. Believers will be made fun of etc.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I agree 1000% also, Misoir!!
I started this thread last year. Didn't get a lot of attention though.
Guess the believers just can't face the truth in reality.

See you December 22, 2012, Three days before my birthday.

Mayan Calendar Debunked

S&F for ya...good thread.
Good luck and 73's,
Tom
edit on 9-2-2011 by tomdham because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
weird thread

why come to a forum your not interested in and post comments on something you don't believe in or have no interest in...very odd

the term haters comes to mind...weird

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

''

I've said this before and I'll say it again: 2012 is really not a contest. I mean it really isn't. Either a majority of the World population die or we go on as if nothing happened. Either way there is a strange idea out there that this prediction is a contest between 2012ers(preparers for any end) and the normal sheeple.
What strikes me odd about these posts that say "nothing will happen" is why are you even posting this? If you are w/o a doubt 100% sure that life will go on as usual than what is there even to discuss? Its really very simple the ones that believe that something may happen prepare for the worst.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I will be soooooooo happy on December 22, 2012 bouncing off the walls and singing " I told you so, I told you so....." ahhh it will be such a relief to not have to deal with 2012 threads, talk, and documentaries. I do a pretty good job avoiding it now, but something always slips in...a commercial or a thread title to once again bring it to my consciousness.

Or you know I'll be dead and won't have to hear the I told you so coming in my direction, so either way it's a win win

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Misoir

The name of the forum will be changed to 2036...

24 years to milk out more fear mongering!

Yep, but first we'll have to endure 2013, 2020, 2022, 2027 and 2033.

Damn numbers . . . they're always up to something.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Either way (Nibiru or no Nibiru), it will be an interesting time. Anyway, what about that asteroid Apophis?

And there is also this:

edit on 10-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Dont you see my dear lad Misoir....

It was never about 2012, ... or 2000. It was about giving doomers a reason to feel special.... to feel like their " in the know".

of course the world will never end, ... and neither will these silly prophecy threads, ..... their fate are intertwined. ... To go off into soft oblivion ...... together.

Personally I can't wait for 12/21/12 ....... cause im gonna party SO hard.

edit on 10-2-2011 by IntastellaBurst because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Funny how people poke fun at others for assuming they know with certainty of what's to come and then also do so themselves. How does it feel to Rick Roll yourself?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If anyone wants to not prepare or do anything for 2012 that is their choice. I don't understand why they would have to get together and show solidarity. It just shows that 2012 IS on your mind. If you can't forget it, or squash it in your mind every time its mentioned around you, don't you think that tells you something?

Lets say it does happen in some (major) form or another, where does that put you? If it doesn't happen at least I have researched many things about the Earth and space and humans and aliens in earnst along the way and got to learn a lot of things which are very interesting which I otherwise may not have. Would you rather be prepared for nothing or unprepared for something?

We can't know for certain, but I am going to take the 2012 message as a potential warning. I think we need a reminder of how amazing existing is at this point, something that could shake the entire human perspective and set us on a better path. If it's not going to be 2012, then my realization has led me to make the same effort. I am working on how to shake the human perspective and set us on a better path as well. Perhaps this is what 2012 is. The people will finally rise up and say let's eat together, all of us.

<<   2 >>

join